[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people wish for immortality, I can not imagine anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: test.png (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
22KB, 600x600px
Why do people wish for immortality, I can not imagine anything worse than that..
>>
Life isn't shitty for them
>>
>>37802634
their life is probably going well and they wouldn't want that to end.
>>
>>37802646
>>37802656
But havent they ever had any bad moments, when they thought that it was not worth living, am I really that deep this rabbit hole
>>
>>37802634
>>37802646
>>37802656

I hate life and my life is horrible

Despite that i want to be immortal

In fact the fact that i'm not makes me want to end it

-

So you're wrong
>>
>>37802726
so because it's a way for you it's not that way for someone else? hmm.
>>
Fear or death
>>
>>37802634

Two main points:
> No fear of death
> Infinite tries

I failed the first part of my life and I don't see the second half being bright. If I could live 5 centuries, I would have the time to try again 10 times until I succeed. If I live forever...

Forever... well I probably wouldn't like the Sun exploding but that's in a long time and my immortal ashes wouldn't be sentient anyway.
>>
>>37802702
>havent they ever had any bad moments
sure, that doesnt mean their whole life was bad overall
>when they thought that it was not worth living
again, what does that have to do with it?
>am I really that deep this rabbit hole
no, you're just having babbys first existential crisis
>>
>>37802875
Uffff we have a big boy over here
>>
>>37802634
I want immortality so I can be an eternal observer. I'll watch humanity develop and spread to other planets. I'll watch as we encounter aliens and get enslaved. I'll join mankind in the slave camps for a couple centuries until we manage our uprising and wage bloody high-tech war against the aliens.
Eventually, I'll take some of our backwards engineered alien space tech and go terraform a planet all of my own and seed it with life and watch it all develop for millenia.

Immortality is only limited by your imagination.
>>
File: 1480477024412.jpg (27KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1480477024412.jpg
27KB, 469x469px
>>37802634
immortality means that time doesnt matter to you. You can fail and retry whatever and whenever. You can be a neet for centuries, and the day it get boring you just go and do another thing. Everything you do has a meaning because life has one. Life goes from being a loading screen between two levels to being the game itself, with as many levels as you want, as many possibilities as you want, because you ll never run out of time. You ll never look back at yourself and be disappointed, because you can always change it. You ll never say "I missed ..." bacause you can have it right now.
Basically immortality is the power to erase ANY mistake you did of any kind
>>
what can change the nature of a man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixv_jRI6VqY
>>
>>37802634
I can easily imagine something worse: getting old with a rotting disgusting body, slowly, day by day getting closer to death while your handicaps get significant worse, all alone.

Might as well stay young forever and end it when you get bored.
>>
File: IMG_2286.jpg (161KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2286.jpg
161KB, 880x660px
>>37802726
That's illogical.

Either way, you are the 0.01% that want to be immortal despite being unhappy so I'm still right.
>>
>>37802634
I agree
Immortality the worst torture I can imagine
What would you do once the universe is dead
>>
>>37802726
>I hate life and my life is horrible
>Despite that i want to be immortal
This cognitive dissonance lmao
>>
There's a song from one of my favorite bands that makes the argument that living forever is shitty. I like it and the lyrics. Always good lyrics.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WYBifGynf6g

>Citadel reverberates to a thousand voices, now
Dumb:
What have we become?
What have we chosen to be?
Now, all history is reduced to the syllables of
Our name-
Nothing can ever be the same:
Now the Immortals are here.
At the time it seemed a reasonable course
To harness all the force
Of life without the threat of death,
But soon we found that boredom and inertia
Are not negative, but all the law we know,
And dead are will and words like survival.
Arrival at immunity from all age, all fear and
All end
Why do I pretend?
Our essence is distilled
And all familiar taste is now drained,
And though purity is maintained
It leaves us sterile,
Living through the millions of years,
A laugh as close as any tear;
Living, if you claim that all
That entails is breathing, eating, defecating,
Screwing, drinking,
Spewing, sleeping, sinking ever down and down
And ultimately passing away time
Which no longer has any meaning.
Take away the threat of death and all you're
Left with is a round of make-believe.
Marshal every sullen breath and though you're
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy
It's still the ring by which you hope to be
Engaged
To marry the girl who will give you forever-
It's crazy, and plainly
That simply is not enough.
What is the dullest and bluntest of pains,
Such that my eyes never close without feeling it
There?
What abject despair demands an end
To all things of infinity?
If we have gained, how do we now meet the
Cost?
What have we bargained, and what have we
Lost?
What have we relinquished, never even knowing it
Was there?
What thoughts now of holding fast the line,
Defying death and time?
Everything we had is gone,
Everything we laboured for and favoured more

Rest of lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/still-life-lyrics-van-der-graaf-generator.html
>>
>>37803592
>tfw too dumb to understand it
>>
File: cubes.jpg (377KB, 1229x922px) Image search: [Google]
cubes.jpg
377KB, 1229x922px
>>37802646
It's not about this for me.
I would not want to be floating around after the heat death of the universe for eternity. I have an odd feeling that your perception of time would change as well and this would come fast than you think,
>>
>>37802634
Because i take enternal suffering over not existing. Also you look at immortality from a mortal perspective. You wouldn't be you anymore if you were to be immortal. How would your relationship to other humans be if their life would end in a breath of your lifetime. How would your realtionship with humanity itself be if human eras come and go like mere seasons in your life. To which conclutions could you come if you were to contemplate about single concepts in a timespan in which whole nations rise and fall.
>>
>>37802634
You got enough time to fix your life and enjoy it
>>
>>37802634
The way you view life completely changes if you're immortal. Wasting time stops being a thing. You could be homeless for 80 years and it wouldn't matter, in the next 100 you could do nothing but get random degrees in college. You'd be able to spend 10000 hours learning piano just because. It'd be fucking great.
>>
>I feel you op
Just imagine when the atoms in your body would start to rip themselves appart
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.