[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any doomsday preppers here? I don't even know where to start

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 24528_md.jpg (308KB, 558x600px) Image search: [Google]
24528_md.jpg
308KB, 558x600px
Any doomsday preppers here? I don't even know where to start it's all so expensive and overwhelming.
>>
I barely survive now
If a doomsday happened i'd just go with it
>>
>>37790794
Realistically what do you consider your odds against some doomsday events Like a viral outbreak like smallpox or tuberculosis a nuclear reactor meltdown in your area a power?
The countries armed forces splintering into smaller factions?
and what if the media does their usual job of denying anything is happening until it's already beyond dangerous and well into a lethal situation?
>>
>>37790794
Not a prepper myself but sort of been working towards it a bit.

Best thing you can probably do is learn how to grow some plants.
>>
>>37790794
I know how to make a fire several different ways, skin/descale and cook most animals in my area. shoot at a slightly average skill level and fish pretty well.

I have a very basic bug out bag and kind of hope the end of the world is more instant and I die in an explosion because being outside sucks mostly.
>>
>>37790891
i used doomsday as an attention grabber i really mean the upcoming economic collapse.
>>
>>37790931
Actually now that I thought about it, best thing you can do is get a best bud to team up with.
>>
>>37790794
The only thing I would ever prepare for doomsday is a gun and a single bullet.
>>
File: paracord-in-ammo-box-angle.jpg (296KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
paracord-in-ammo-box-angle.jpg
296KB, 576x432px
I prep.

>Go to walmart
>sawyer filter - $15
>boat rations - $5 2400 calories and full vitamins/minerals
>Tent - $20
>Backpack - $15
>Stanley cook kit - $25 (or just buy a metal pot $15?)
>etc

Its not hard to get started.
>>
>>37790794
>>37791629
^ what this anon said.

Also, most of your preparations will go to shit. Don't focus on bunkering down. Get /fit/, get good with weapons(not like katana fuckbeards, learn to shoot, stab, and not die) and focus on getting a 'go bag'.

A backpack with provisions for 2 weeks, necessary survival kit, and then work up from there.
>>
>>37791671
>get good with weapons(not like katana fuckbeards, learn to shoot, stab, and not die) and focus on getting a 'go bag'.
That is so pointless. Even if it was TEOTWAWKI most people won't be doing that shit unless you're doing something like hiking out in the woods by yourself where nobody knows where you are and most people are already considered missing. The world is just going to go back to being like 1990's. If anything if the world totally went to shit and you wanna play with weapons go to your local library and try to defend it from vandals. Books will be extremely valuable. People are extremely valuable, if you want to do some bug out thing you're going to end up out in the woods with a bunch of other people going out into the woods who armed themselves looking to steal and kill people because they think they can now, and it's going to be some 'Deliverance' type shit where they butt fuck you first. You're not likely to get butt fucked in a library, I've honestly never heard of that happening before.
>>
File: not impressed2.jpg (18KB, 428x469px) Image search: [Google]
not impressed2.jpg
18KB, 428x469px
>doomsday
face it, that shit is never going to happen.
unless due to a massive worldwide weather problem, which won't happen in this lifetime for any of us, maybe even not in another 200 years.
>>
>>37791775
it's just a word. economic collapse is a very real threat
>>
do you guys honestly ever think a doomsday event will happen in your lifetime? i'm not making fun of you or anything just asking. do you do this because you're paranoid about it happening or somewhat excited about it? or neither?
>>
>>37791799
>economic collapse is a very real threat
may be true. but what are you going to do then? aside from buy a bunch of stuff like gold, silver, resources, and other stuff or create some type of hiding place and stock up on food/essentials to hide from everyone (which many people already do, especially on this board) until it all blows over?
>>
>>37790794
doomsday prepping is literally just even more autistic LARPing

Just find some cool warhammer fantasy group or some renaissance fair shit to live this out, you ll actually get friends out of it
>>
>>37791825
>do you guys honestly ever think a doomsday event will happen in your lifetime?
Yes. I think the U.S. governments activity is the only thing which prevents it from already of happened, and from happening any time soon.
Not really paranoid about it, just don't see it being a whole lot worse than what things are now I believe people would actually have to be a lot more co-operative and civil dealing with one another if it happened. The other ones that didn't cooperate would probably get hunted down within a few years at most.
>>
File: ghouls.jpg (59KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
ghouls.jpg
59KB, 640x423px
>>37791825
i think it can happen great depression style. western banking system is a huge fraud that just prints money for nothing thanks to the fed reserve, so if it goes under there's nothing concrete to fall back on thanks to the national debt. when there's nothing to fall back on people wont be able to stock grocery stores - and people do scary shit when they are desperate and hungry.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.