[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>diffuse hair thinning at 23 even my hairline is fine it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: 3452534534.jpg (133KB, 684x758px) Image search: [Google]
3452534534.jpg
133KB, 684x758px
>diffuse hair thinning at 23
even my hairline is fine
it's not fucking fair
>>
Its not so bad it makes me look like a dad my only issue is that i cant grow my hair long anymore because it looks like shit
>>
>>37790062
Fuck off normie. I started thinning at EIGHTEEN.
>>
>>37790325

mine started at 15

>tfw over before it even began
>>
File: Elon_Musk_Hair_Transplant.jpg (49KB, 602x441px) Image search: [Google]
Elon_Musk_Hair_Transplant.jpg
49KB, 602x441px
>tfw hair so thick they have to thin it before styling
>>
>>37790998
this was me, then I turned 19.
>>
>>37790998
Literally me
No one in my family was badly except for my great grandpa and that was in his 50s

I'm fucking 20 and balding hella fast. I knew I was balding since 18.5 years.
>>
File: 1497771797817.jpg (91KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1497771797817.jpg
91KB, 480x515px
>all males in family bald
>I get mom's hair genes so my hair is extremely thick and curly

But wait, there's more

>get dad's bone genes
>chest deformed
>bends out like a cats chest(disgusting)
No woman wants me
>they don't want a short guy
The likelihood that they would date a genetic defect waiting to be cleansed from the gene pool is quite slim.

>no confidence because of it
>have BDD because of it
>anorexic because of it
It literally fucked my whole life up when it started happening to me in 8th grade.
>>
>>37790325
OP probably started around that time too, its not like you notice it until 50% of your hair is already gone.
>>
>>37793276
How short are you? Cause I'd trade my balding for 5 foot 7 height any time. Lower than that would be a hard bargain though.
>>
>>37793454
not really, I had fucking thick hair my entire life
I took like half year for me to look like complete shit
>>
File: 1497746938193.jpg (10KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1497746938193.jpg
10KB, 247x247px
>>37793477
I'm 5'11''.

>people think you're guaranteed sex if you are this height
>can't be robot if your this height.

Yeah well what about the people who are deformed?

>not ugly
>not short
>deformed physically
>have severe self esteem issues
>delusions of inadequacy due to deformity
>can't have realtions with the other gender because of childhood trauma

>can't be robot because robots are ignorant and think looks are the only thing that matters.
>>
>>37793490

Do you think it's just genes?
I had normal hair, but then I went 6 months with fierce stress and malnourishment. I think that could have contributed, but how come my hair isn't slowly recovering and going back? Every day I can notice hair in the shower and when I run my fingers through my hair.
Is it normal to lose hair when you run your fingers through it?
>>
>>37793843
for I think it's simply because I was careless when I was younger
I refused to wear a hat even in fucking cold temperature
So I guess I had it coming, even my father told me multiple times that i'm going to get bald cause of this
>>
>>37793909

>I refused to wear a hat even in fucking cold temperature
Fucking hell, so did I. Do you really think it's true? I'm about to research it.
>>
>>37793926
I don't know, maybe my father was bullshitting me
But I never did any research on this
>>
File: george.jpg (13KB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
george.jpg
13KB, 300x241px
>>37793454
lmao 50% of my hair was gone at 19. the worst i ever met was a 17 year old with hair literally like pic related
>>
>>37793947

Quick internet searches say it's a myth.
But I read about cold showers again and it might help. But it doesn't make sense to me, because.

>cold causes vasoconstriction
>less nutrients for hair

Apparently massages help too and there are actual medical studies how it helps. But the catch is that you have to massage your scalp, but I am afraid that I will rip out hair by doing that.
>>
it's weird that i'm bald at 20 and my father, my grandfather, and my 4 brothers all have beautiful hair and my grandfather is 60 and father is 44, 2 of my brothers actually have luxurious horse hair grown out to like 2 feet long
>>
>>37793999
I heard that coconut oil helps alot, that's the next thing i'm going to try
>>
>>37794025

Sounds like snakeoil. How did they say it works? Because everything you put on your hair won't have any effect on growth or anything. The most it can do is physically change the already grown hair, but that's not helpful.
>>
>>37790062
My shit started thinning at 26 my dude, I'm 31 now and it's still thinning

You're going through the anger phase at the moment, it'll take a while but eventually you'll stop caring.
>>
>>37794039
nah, it was coconut oil, I think you are supposed to massage it into your scalp and it helps your hair growth and the health of your hair
>>
File: e5c[1].jpg (79KB, 680x485px) Image search: [Google]
e5c[1].jpg
79KB, 680x485px
>>37790062
Thinning hair is not the end of the world. You just need a strong chin game.
>>
>>37794061

But for hair to grow you need nutrients (protein mostly I guess) and I doubt that can be found in coconut oil and it mots certainly can't be absorbed through your skin in that form. So it seems like it's placebo.

I read some more about the cold showers with mixed results. I don't know what to think now, especially since some people say it's gotten worse with them.
>>
>>37794129
i'll give it a try either way
there is really nothing to loss
>>
I am a hairlet too OP, at 24. Started at 16.

Do yourself a favour and shave it now.
>>
>>37794129
>I read some more about the cold showers with mixed results. I don't know what to think now, especially since some people say it's gotten worse with them.
If cold showers have any effect, it may be because it encourages blood circulation in your scalp. So at best it might slow your hair loss down by a percent or two, but don't expect it to reverse your male pattern balding because its just cold water and does nothing about the DHT attacking your follicles.
>>
>>37794309
No, he should do himself a favor and start using Finasteride and Minoxidil. "Just shave it bro" attitude is literally giving up, OP clearly does NOT want to lose his hair so that shouldn't even be an option, "just shaving it" is the worst endcome he wants to prevent.
>>
>>37794041
>it'll take a while but eventually you'll stop caring.
Yeah, you'll go into apathy and give up on having a better life. Then you work 20 years in the back office, get fat and kill yourself.
>>
>>37794453
yeah, relying on $50 a month drugs for the rest of your life is a great liberating way to live.

Just accept the bald, and become at peace with yourself. It's much healthier than being an insecure beta cuck who's really a hairlet on the inside.
>>
>>37794470
>yeah, relying on $50 a month drugs for the rest of your life is a great liberating way to live.
You can get them much cheaper. Not that you'd know because you have obviously never tried them and just speak out of your ass trying to discourage people from taking medicine you were too chickenshit to ever even try.

>Just accept the bald, and become at peace with yourself
Why would you accept it when you don't have to accept it? It makes zero sense.
>>
>>37794470
>It's much healthier than being an insecure beta cuck who's really a hairlet on the inside.
The insecure beta cuck here would be you who fell for the typical shaming method that fighting balding is somehow "unmanly". Now you try to drag other people down with you.
>>
>>37794453
this. I don't get why everyone is always telling to shave it off.
>>
>>37790062
Shit diet and genetics lmfao. Feels good being 28 and having a full head of hair still
>>
>>37794695
>fighting balding is somehow "unmanly"
It literally is though. You are too much of a pussy to accept who you are so you exorbitantly try to hide it using a myriad of drugs.
>>
Hahaha you're balding faggot hahaha
>>
>>37794453
Hope you enjoy having a shitty head of hair that'll never recover at the cost of your dick no longer working lol
>>
>>37793477
Different anon here, I'm 5 8 with a widows peak. Shit kinda sucks but widows peaks are always in with older women it seems
>>
just grow a nice thick beard you bald faggots
>>
>>37794431

I looked at the MPB and I don't think I have it. my hairline is fairly normal, just that it's getting super thin and my hair is falling out.

>>37794453

Not him, but those meds have serious side-effects. I mean, I don't care about dying or about life, but I don't want it to be worse. So if it's not going to kill me instantly, I'd much rather not increase the suffering.
>>
>>37790998
I fear balding, my mother's side doesn't bald, but my dad's does.
I have thick hair like my mother's side, so I have high hopes for not balding
>>
>>37790062
Your a man.

You can deal with it.

I know it's painful, but there will be many more things in life that are painful.

"Shed" the weakness. Move on and focus on the bigger goal.

Or you can continue to be an entitled man child and carry the insecurity with you for the rest of your life
>>
>>37794851
>Not him, but those meds have serious side-effects
Which is why you stop using them if you experience the side effects. You would need to be extremely unlucky to get sides that last after you've stopped the medication.
>>
>>37794909
daily reminder that balding genetics mostly come from the mother's side. don't get your hopes up just because your dad or his dad have good hair
>>
>>37794851
Diffuse thinning is just another way you can go bald. Bottom line is that its caused by DHT, unless you have a serious medical condition which causes hair loss as a side but chances are you'd know that. Look, cold showers are essentially useless, at best you would be looking at marginal increase in hair growth speed due to the increased circulation, it still would do nothing to stop your balding.
>>
>>37795131
>tfw mom's side of the family has no balding
>tfw dad's side of the family only has 1 bald ancestor out of the last 8
>dad goes bald
>think i could escape it
>go bald anyway

'oh it always skips a generation' they told me. Never believe the lies of normies who don't even have a college education.
>>
>>37795200
Another thing about "look at your mom's dad to see if you go bald" is that its a very flawed interpretation. While some genes associated with balding are located in the X chromosome, the thing is that women have two X chromosomes, one from their dad and one from their mom. So for confirmation you'd be looking at your mom's mom's dad, mom's mom's mom's dad ad infinitum since women inherit an additional X chromosome from their mothers.
>>
>>37795259
>mum's dad died at 50 (cancer) with a full hair
>my dad and his dad were basically constanza in their mid 20's
>tfw taking after dad's side
as if being a manlet and dicklet wasn't punishment enough. Fuck these shit genes, fuck my parents for breeding, fuck this life, I'm quitting this summer
>>
>>37795319
There may be some light at the end of the tunnel, m8. Fidia and Replicel are releasing their products next year, Fidia has a lotion that would at the very least work as well as Finasteride but with zero sides as its a topical solution only applied to your scalp, while Replicel has potential to completely halt balding while also providing some regrowth.
A few years further into the future, Takashi Tsuji's hair follicle cloning method should make it possible to turn even a George Constanza into Fabio Lanzoni.
>>
>>37795433
it's probably gonna cost a whole lot but I guess the thought of a chance is nice. Though honestly the balding is just the cherry on the cake, but it might just be enough to give me the final push.
>>
>>37793843

I don't know how factual this is, but I've read in a few places that things like chronic stress and scalp inflammation can prematurely activate the genes for MPB.
>>
>>37794823
What if you can't? I wouldn't care about balding if I could grow a half decent beard and wasn't ugly.
>>
>>37795503
Yeah the hair cloning is definitely going to cost a bunch since the cloned hairs are just inserted with ordinary hair transplantation technology, which is time consuming and expensive. Fidia's lotion will be quite affordable though, while Replicel's method needs a few repeat treatments and its possible they will cost ~1k a piece. Still, that's not too bad a price if you can afford to save up some.
>>
>>37794653

Not him, but I *did* try Rogaine for 6 months and I agree with him. I saw decent results, but it's was so much of a burden needing to spend 30 minutes each day applying it (had to apply it on the entire scalp, plus the time it took to dry) that it became more stress-inducing than the hair loss itself, especially when coupled with knowing that if I ever stopped for more than a week, I would lose *everything*. I went off it and even though my hair looks worse now, I feel better than I did on Rogaine.

If hair cloning ends up becoming available and effective, I'll be all over it. But I don't want to deal with the anxiety of needing to think about my hair loss first thing in the morning and last thing at night every day for the rest of my life.
>>
>>37795506
While inflammation and stress generally make your cells more suspectible to damage and therefore may speed up your balding process, them activating the "genes for MPB" does sound like hogwash, since MPB is always caused by DHT, a male hormone which your body will be making plenty of after you have entered puberty. The genes for balding really just dictate how suspectible your hair follicles are to DHT and how much DHT your body naturally makes.
>>
>>37794464
If you let your life go to shit because your hair is falling out, you have mental problems.
>>
>>37795628
That would be your experience, then. As you continue to go balder you might come to regret the decision to stop using meds. Depends on how aggressive your hair loss is though, if you're only going bald in your 30s then its not such a big deal as it is for a guy in his early 20s who is still growing into the person he will be, and has yet to establish a career nevermind long term relationships.
>>
>>37795530
Use Minox on your face, anon. I'm nearly 24 and never had more than a mustache but holy shit this is working, been using for 1 month and I start seeing little black hairs on my face.
Unlike the hormonal jew there are no side effects (well, it does make my skin a bit dry, but who cares) and it just werks.
>>
>>37795826
Minoxidil reduces the synthesis of collagen in your skin, I'd say that is a side effect worth mentioning.
>>
>>37795741

It is fairly aggressive. It went from thinning a little in the back when I turned 22 to a NW3V/early NW4 3 and a half years later. I'm guessing I'll probably be bald/almost bald around 28. My plan is to shave it down really short (I forget what this is called) rather than shave it completely to be slick bald. I can also grow a fantastic beard, which helps.
>>
>>37795854
The good news is, unlike for hair, the beard won't fall once you've stopped using it.
So after 6 months or so you should be good to stop.
>>
>tfw itchy red scalp with hairloss for 8 years now, minor flaking what looks like little grains of sand/sugar
>probably Norwood 2.75 on both temples now, back of head still looks full and ok
>most hairs that fall out have like a grainy little ball of 'sand' on the bottom
>tried diets and shampoos to no avail so far

whats the cure? i dont think its the classic case of Male pattern baldness, since i've known guys who had that and lost hundreds of hairs in the shower/on their pillow and thats not the case with me
>>
>>37796282
>most hairs that fall out have like a grainy little ball of 'sand' on the bottom
That would be the follicle.
> i dont think its the classic case of Male pattern baldness
Its balding, mate. Not everyone balds in a perfectly discernable pattern.
There is no cure, however Finasteride + Minoxidil may halt your balding and provide some regrowth - they are all we have available right now. Well, Minoxidil, Finasteride and other DHT inhibiting medications like Finasteride, that is.
>>
>>37790062
I don't know what ''started'' means, does it mean you developed a receding hairline? does it mean that you're actually balding with really visible thinning?

I got a receding hairline at 14 years old and only noticed it when one of my classmates told me about it, I'm 20 now and still have plenty of hair but my hairline got kinda bigger but currently I'm taking finasteride and seems to work since I don't see that many hairs in the shower anymore like I used to before I started

The best way I can describe my current hairline is basically the normal receded hairline a 30+ year old guy would get, like Henry Cavill for example or Joaquin Phoenix
>>
File: 1497612657314.png (311KB, 483x701px) Image search: [Google]
1497612657314.png
311KB, 483x701px
>>37790325
>tfw right temple started wilting at 13

you niggas don't know shit.
>>
File: 1497746887759.png (431KB, 522x946px) Image search: [Google]
1497746887759.png
431KB, 522x946px
>>37790062
>pretty much all the men in my mom's side of the family haven't gone bald, despite most of them being over 40
>most men in my dad's side of the family are bald
>I'm 19
>no signs of balding yet, but I'm completely and utterly horrified of going bald
How fucked am I?
>>
>>37796513
Baldness in a child is usually passed from the mothers side so you're safer than you'd think but still not 100% out of the woods.
>>
>>37796513
>>37796665
see >>37795319
Had good hair till about 23 since then it started to recede, especially around the temples
>>
>>37796513
I had thick hair until 22
Nobody in my familly is bald
It just happened, fuck my life
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.