[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Almost graduated with a CS degree. Realized that I fell for the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Almost graduated with a CS degree. Realized that I fell for the STEM meme and I want to get a MA in English, Political Science or some other arts. Anyone knows if its possible without getting a BA first ? Canada btw
>>
What makes you think a second useless degree will improve your life in any way?
>>
>>37787696

I can get a job with my CS degree but I think it would be interesting to be a grad student for a bit. Its just to learn and stuff.
>>
op i really dont buy the STEM meme meme. although stem degrees arent guaranteed to get you a job, theyre still more valuable than most degrees
>>
>>37788000

oh no I can get a job alright I just think if I went to arts I would be happier and this is an attempt to fulfill that
>>
File: 1477687168339.jpg (37KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1477687168339.jpg
37KB, 355x369px
>>37788000
>still more valuable then other degrees

>he thinks 'value' is an objective concept

wew
>>
>>37787612
Depends on your uni

t. currently doing BSc English honours
>>
No, it's not possible. Graduate schools typically don't admit people who only have high school diplomas. If you were about to graduate with a computer science degree why wouldn't you just finish with your program and then go to grad school for something else?
>>
>>37788578
>If you were about to graduate with a computer science degree why wouldn't you just finish with your program and then go to grad school for something else?

that is what I meant. I finish my BA in CS and then go and get an MA in english problem is that all grad schools say that they want an BA in english or "equivalent field"
>>
>>37788578
>No, it's not possible. Graduate schools typically don't admit people who only have high school diplomas. If you were about to graduate with a computer science degree why wouldn't you just finish with your program and then go to grad school for something else?

That's not what he means
He is going to graduate with a BS in comp sci, of which he is ALMOST done - he has not graduated yet.

AFTER graduation, he wants to go to grad school in some liberal arts

>>37787612
It depends heavily on your coursework and what program you intend to apply to anon, but of course it's possible.

What are you interested in getting a master's in? Take a lot of classes in that subject before graduating
>>
>>37788641

PSCI or English lit

Have alot of PSCI course almost enough for a minor but no English courses
>>
>>37788629
Yes, then. That is possible. Score well on the verbal portion of the GRE or your equivalent graduate entry exam. Write a good admission essay that tells a convincing and sincere story for why you want to change trajectory so much. If possible take a few English electives before you graduate and do well in them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.