[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any actual autists here? As in, officially diagnosed? I need

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1497531740729.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497531740729.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
Any actual autists here? As in, officially diagnosed? I need a moment of your time to ask you some questions
>>
>>37784758
Yes, autist here.
Ask away. I can't imagine anybody here not having autism though.
>>
>>37784758
I mean, I was technically diagnosed, but I feel like I'm a very regular human being now, so I'm not sure how much help I'd be, but you can ask away if you want.
>>
>>37784790
My brother is autistic and I need to know if what he's doing is "standard" autistic behavior or there is overlapping diagnosis on top. I think he's becoming bipolar because he just gets worse every singe year

He's always had problems with getting triggered(and I mean this in the actual trigger) and exploding into rage. But after he turned 23, after every outburst, he would become suicidal afterwards and I had to stop him from killing himself 2 or 3 times because he got into an argument with my mom

it got to the point where we have to walk on egg shells around him because he is a powder keg ready to be set off at any moment. we learned to work around this, but now the thing is he now triggers himself.

an example, we went to a restaurant with the family a week ago and my dad said some normal piece of conversation to him like "get whatever food you want" and he internally freaked out and had to leave, and literally nobody was being rude to him or doing anything to him, he just imagines shit in his head now about people persecuting him, all my dad said to him was to order whatever food he wanted because it was an occasion

another example, he bought the wrong fathers day card at walmart and said that he wants to kill himself and hates himself and thinks he is an asshole because he bought the wrong fathers day card

another example, he drove his car into a metal trash can because he got mad that he stubbed his toe or some shit in the morning and woke my parents up from banging cabinets

he is literally triggering himself now and it's almost like he's bipolar or some shit, I know lots of autistic people since I was exposed to them because of my brother and none of them are like him, all of the autistic people I know have gotten better with time, he is the only one who has gotten worse.

he is a perfectionist to the degree that if he sneezes wrong he wants to kill himself. is this normal autistic behavior or does he have some other shit going on?
>>
>>37784837
That sounds like possibly Borderline Personality Disorder, the most insufferable of all personality disorders. No meds can fix it.
>>
>>37784837
It's not normal at all, being suicidal =/= having autism, you really need to get help for him soon.
>>
>>37784899
>>37784894
He is going to a special adult-autist psychiatrist in a couple months

he has a psychiatrist, but I think she's a bit of a dumbass.. She never gave him any strong meds. He's been going to her for years now and she keeps giving him pussy shit like gabapentin

I'm no doctor but I think he needs risperdal or something
>>
>>37784894
I was diagnosed with both at some point. I don't know what if consider both on the books but I get disability for it. I'm not confident with either diagnosis to be honest, how do I know if I have it? Maybe the autism cancels it out?
>>
>>37784938
Meds won't fix his issues, he needs to talk to someone. Psychiatrists just throw pills at you, they are trained to do the opposite of what psychologists do and try to work out the patient's issues with behavioral therapy. He should probably be on antidepressants or something for a while but otherwise, he won't change. My dad is on max dose of two different types of antidepressants, pain killers, whatever and he is still completely insane. The scary part is that he is completely lucid when he isn't, but he gets set off by the stupidest shit like if you plug something in somewhere he doesn't want or if he drops something and blames you for it. He goes out of his way to escalate the situation and reimagines the events in his head to victimize himself.
>>
no one is an actual autist here
it's just a meme or a self-diagnosis
except for @mei
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.