[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >only child >mom died 3 years ago >dad is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1497625385769.png (170KB, 538x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497625385769.png
170KB, 538x480px
>be me
>only child
>mom died 3 years ago
>dad is always trying to get in contact with me >he's also extremely boring and socially awkward
>he left me like 10 voicemails and texts this week asking if I wanted to go out for lunch and then golfing on Sunday
>Sunday is my only day off this week and I want to play Persona 5 and watch anime

How do I tell him to fuck off without sounding too mean? I already got him a father's day card so that should be enough.
>>
just be completely honest but tactful, is it really that difficult?

"I know you're my dad but I'm not really too into hanging with you"
>>
I'm going to be honest with you, you can do what you want, but I strongly advise spending sunday with your dad. It'll devastate him if you don't, and down the line you'll probably feel bad about it eventually. It might be annoying to hang out with him, but I think you'll find you'll be glad you did it. Some shit you just can't take back OP, and rejection from your only childs gotta be a fucken bitch
>>
>>37775188
Just go hang out with him you autist. It's father's day. It's like the one day of the year you need to talk to him.
>>
File: 1496137847719.jpg (33KB, 404x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496137847719.jpg
33KB, 404x400px
>>37775188
At least your dad cares about you...
>>
>>37775188
Ah, sorry Dad I was hoping to just stay home and relax this Sunday since it's my only day off this week! Thanks for the offer though, it's nice of you

Sidenote : why the fuck would you not go golfing with a a dad who loves you? I want to go golfing with a dad who loves me.
>>
>>37775295
This. I finally started hanging out with my grandfather who I used to absolutely hate spending time with, but he really appreciates it and we even found a few things we have in common to make it not as boring. Even though he has like 10 grandkids they all kind of ignore him and I can tell he really feels sad about it.
>>
>>37775295
>>37775326
>>37775361
This very much. Please don't be an inconsiderate cunt anon.
>tfw no socially awkward dad to go golfing with
Sounds really nice desu
>>
OP, you are one heartless autist if you value vidya over spending time with your father on Father's day. I hope you choose the right choice
>>
>>37775188
Stop taking your dad for granted you piece of shit, go spend Father's day with him.
>>
>>37775188
you won't enjoy playing Persona. you will keep thinking about your dad.
>>
>>37775188
He's human too. The way you feel when you're with him, is how he feels all the time without you, you're probably the bright spot in his week.
>>
>>37775188
Asshole. In the two years i spent at college my dad only called me twice, to remind me to get a bank account. Apreciate you have a father like that because he's going to die one day
>>
>>37775513
Example of the kind of relationship i have with my father: just as i was writing this post he walks into the kitchen where i'm cooking and says "hey anon fancy a beer tonight?". Feel bad about said post until he follows up with "well make sure you finish so and so job at blablabla". And a 20 yo btw and he treats me like i'm 15. The concept of respecting other people never enters his mind at all
>>
>>37775188
That's a sad story, anon. You should really spend some time with your dad.
>>
>>37775610
Jesus fucking christ kid you have issues...
>>
>>37775743
>i have issues
How so? Please explain doc
>>
>>37775188
Sunday is father's day you ungrateful dipshit.

Go out to lunch with him at least. You don't have to go golfing if you don't want.
>>
>>37775188
Jesus christ if you get a day off a week then you have 51 more days to play Persona, what is one day (it won't even be the entire day for God's sake) for your dad?
>>
>>37775188
why do you all like this girl very much!?

heil hitler
>>
>>37775188
your father loves you don't make him sad!
>>
>>37775743
I POLITELY ASKED HOW SO MOTHERFUCKER NOW ANSWER ME YOU THINK YOU CAN SAY THAT AND WALK AWAY?? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?? GOD.DAMMIT
>>
>>37776946
Not him, but that's just how parents are. They care about you and want you to succeed. Also him reminding you about your job (even though I'm guessing you didn't forget about it) was just out of instinct of him raising you for the past 20 years. He wants to spend time with you on his day anon. From what it seems also, you guys aren't together at all either. With you working and having one day off a week, he'd really like to spend this time with you. Also, who says golfing and lunch is a 16 hour day? Golfing is about 2 or 3 hours and lunch is about an hour. Could go for longer sure but, he spent 20 years raising you. One day should be at least a little bit of a thank you.
>>
>spend time with your father
> stay up a bit later playing P5 after
>feel the warm and fuzzy feeling of bonding and a clean conscience
>>
Grab coffee with him and tell him this is your only day off so you can't give him your afternoon since you have shit to handle.

Tell your pips briefly what's going on in your life if you're not a failure, you sound like you got your shit together so he'll appreciate that, then wish him well and bounce.
>>
>>37778305
Yeah it's true anon, and i'm not ungrateful. But the relationship between a father and a son is complicated as you probably already know
>>
Cherish the time you have left with him
He is literally your dad
>>
>>37778575
I get it anon, also growing up, people would much rather do their own thing (in your case play P5 and watch anime) then "hang" out with their parents. I know it's your one day off and such but try and spend time with him. It might not seem like it but he is really looking forward to spending time with you. Especially since you are one of the last people in his close family he has.
>>37778520
Also this.
>>
>>37775188
that's how my dad is

I just ignore him
>>
>>37775295
Fuck you spend fathers day with ur dad u ungrateful cunt
>>
>>37775342
I know right?! My dad treats me like shit never proud of me. Resents my talents like hes fuckin jealous or something and never tells me he loves me. And this fuck cant give one day, fathers day of all.. Jesus christ fuckinn millenials
>>
>>37775188
At least your father is a good man,

My parents only want to communicate when they want money or to use me to get money
>>
>>37775610
fucker you live in HIS house, unless you pay rent, you sure as hell better do work for him.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.