[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>franz schubert >musical genius >lived in poverty his

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: schubert.jpg (14KB, 210x305px) Image search: [Google]
schubert.jpg
14KB, 210x305px
>franz schubert
>musical genius
>lived in poverty his entire life, but still wrote an enormous amount of music
>died at age 31 of syphilis, and his greatest works were forgotten for decades
>today regarded in the same league as beethoven and mozart

>charlotte mckinney
>dumb whore
>dropped out of high school at 17
>absolutely no talent
>got famous on social media because she has big tits and isn't fuck ugly
>will probably spend the rest of her 20s doing drugs and taking chad dick before settling for a rich beta
>will never experience true hardship in her entire life

Really makes you think.
>>
Never heard of that other chick but Schubert rules. It actually hurts to think about how he died so young. When I'm listening to something like his late piano sonatas, they sound so mature and original, its hard to imagine what kind of music he could have written if he'd lived longer. God damn I need to listen to the rest of his stuff, I've only listened to a tiny fraction of it and I already feel like he's my favourite composer
>>
File: feels.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
5KB, 645x773px
>>37768815
>he will never finish the unfinished symphony
>he will never write a piano concerto
I'm convinced if Schubert had lived to old age he would be the best ever. At 31 he wrote the Great C major, at 31 Beethoven hadn't even begun Eroica
>>
>today regarded in the same league as beethoven and mozart
Not even Schubert scholars would make such a stupid claim.
>>
>>37768905
>Today, Schubert is ranked among the greatest composers of the late Classical and early Romantic eras and is one of the most frequently performed composers of the early nineteenth century.
>>
from Schonberg's Lives of the Great Composers:

>In 1817 he sent Breitkopf and Hartel one of his greatest songs, the Erlkonig. Breitkopf and Hartel could not have been less interested, and returned it to the only Franz Schubert they knew, a composer of that name who lived in Dresden. The Dresden Schubert was insulted, and sent a stiff note back to the publishers. Who was the upstart making free with his name? The Schubert of Dresden said he would keep the song. "I shall retain in my possession to learn, if possible, who sent you that sort of trash..."

lol
>>
Even Schubert's unfinished works are worth a listen. Here's a fragment of Schubert's F sharp minor piano sonata. It's not as well known as the C major unfinished (d840) but it's extraordinarily beautiful. I wonder if he completely abandoned it, or planned to get back to finishing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN-s-Qnw07k
>>
File: dannymasterson.jpg (153KB, 848x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dannymasterson.jpg
153KB, 848x1000px
>>37769501
A true tender soul, mature far ahead of his years. Too pure for this world ;_;
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.