[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you feel knowing that essentially all human behavior is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Logos.jpg (96KB, 597x565px) Image search: [Google]
Logos.jpg
96KB, 597x565px
how do you feel knowing that essentially all human behavior is simply a game of 'climb the dominance hierarchy'?

I find it incredibly depressing. I look around the streets at the cars, buildings and people and it's all I see now.
and the fact that the majority of humans never even realize exactly what's happening to them in evolutionary terms is like some absurd joke.
>>
>>37764041
I use to really respect this guy and enjoy his lectures until he got his /pol following
He's raking in fat stacks though so I'm happy for him
>>
>>37764123
Why would lose respect for him due to something he can't control?

That's ridiculous. Most of /pol/ hate him when they find out what he thinks about Nazis
>>
>>37764234
>Why would lose respect for him due to something he can't control?

He's a smart guy, he knows where his new audience is coming from and is pandering. I even suspect that he shares some of their extreme views.

Either way it just tainted him for me, I feel like any of his new material will be permanently affected by this
>>
>>37764468
>I even suspect that he shares some of their extreme views.

like?
>>
File: nihilism3.jpg (51KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
nihilism3.jpg
51KB, 480x608px
>>37764041

Climbing the dominance hierarchy is fancy talk for GETTING PUHSEE. He never really talks about this angle, probably because it contradicts his flimsy religious beliefs. I respect Peterson, but his reasons for faith are weak and absurd. "Believe in obviously falsified and disparate myths because of some ill defined social good that you may or may not reap benefits from." OR, you can get sum PUHSEE. No self improvement needed beyond that. Like everything is geared towards protecting pussy or getting it. Get off your high horse dude.

Dominance hierarchies aren't bad in and of themselves though. If you like something like Magic the Gathering, dominance hierarchies are what push you to improve your skill. You want to be the best, or better than most. They can also be bad too, such as when authority is abused by those in power. It's all a give and take man, you can't get caught up in black and white. The world is grey.
>>
I feel the same as I would if there was a different reason for human behavior, why should I care what the cause is?

I feel bad about the way humans behave.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.