[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the tiny house movement even a meme? this is like the ideal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

is the tiny house movement even a meme? this is like the ideal place to live, it seems so comfy.
Who wouldn't want to live here? On top of all that it's cheap because its small af
>>
>>37761563
It seems pretty liberal

overall, thumbs down.
>>
Literal Unironic Cucksheds.
>>
>making it THAT easy for niggers to rob you
ayylmaoo
>>
>>37761563
>it's cheap because its small af
No, it's not. That is precisely why it's a meme. It's not cheap at all. The materials to build it are actually fairly expensive, the land is very expensive because every city has a minimum parcel size, and if you go out into the country you have to get utilities run out to you.
>>
Where the fuck is the stove or any other appliance for the matter? That's basically just a shitty dorm room in two stories
>>
>>37761621
>there is literally no intermediary between metropolitan city lots and backwoods fuckland
>>
>>37761563
It's a great alternative to an apartment

>>37761601

Granny flats have been around forever and are a great source of housing, as well as a great way for a property owner to make some money.
>>
>>37761563
The price per square foot and lack of space makes them a really bad buy.
>>
>>37761663
>as well as a great way for a property owner to make some money.

as in renting out these places.. will the ultilities even cover the property taxes? What do you walk away with. Assuming construction is around 22k give or take how are you making money exactly?
>>
>>37761563
It's still more expensive then most robots can manage, requires you to get up and do things, often to the point of building the place yourself and still requires most of the amenities and payments a real home will
>>
>>37761663
>It's a great alternative to an apartment

I do agree with this apartments are hell
>>
>>37761563
>Tiny house movement
We bongers just call it Britain.
>>
>>37761563
I can see the appeal to them, better than an apartment and could probably be pretty comfy to live in. Thing for me though is that I'd want a little bit more room and a basement, and it'd damn well better be on it's own land and not in some city or something. But I am saving up for such a thing, so I will achieve that goal in due time.
>>
Meme. Just get a studio or efficiency or cottage. Some people rent out separated studios that is not attached to main house. I recently found a comfy two bedroom micro home with decent rent.
>>
>>37761701
You could easily rent a granny flat in some suburb of Portland, Seattle, or LA from $800 - $2,00/month.
>>
>>37761701
You rent out multiple ones for say 700 a month. With 3 of them you get 25k a year. Thats tax free. Plus it continues every year. Thats passive income. If you then have another job youll be raking in the dough.
>>
>>37761563
perfect for neet living. doesn't need to be THAT small though maybe even just double that size would cost roughly the same. maybe use cheaper building materials this thing looks like its made out of expensive reclaimed wood and the roofing is definitely expensive as fuck.
>>
It definitely IS a meme. The idiots that buy into tiny homes don't factor in the fact that they don't come with the land, which is a large portion of the cost of buying a home.

If you actually add up the materials required to build one vs. the cost of it, you'd realize you're getting fucked over because it's a fad.

You'd be much better off just buying a cheaper normal home.
>>
>>37761701
You have one of these in the backyard of an existing property. You don't pay any huge additional property tax besides the extra tax you pay because you're property is now worth more due to improvements.
>>
>>37761563
I am too tall for them to be comfy
>>
>>37761620
>making it THAT easy for niggers to rob you

I'd be more worried about bad weather and high speed wind
>>
>>37761563
you supposed to shit in the yard or something? you gotta think a little more realistically when it comes to smaller sized homes.
>>
>>37761563
True home pill is the van pill
https://youtu.be/Sec69osmQpw
>>
>>37761621
Spoken like someone who has never been in the real world before. Try actually pricing the shit before talking out of your ass. Materials cost the same, use less materials and the total cost is less. Land is cheap and already has utilities, just haul the dumpy trailer off the property. There are no real downsides to this.

The only people against this are shills, stupid children who have never been outside mommy's basement, and fatasses.
>>
>>37761863
You don't buy them, you build them, retard. That's half the appeal of them alone.

>>37761909
Are you 500 feet tall? It's a fucking house, not a submarine. Height is not a factor in comfort here.
>>
>>37761563
where's the kitchen? Shower?
>>
>>37762035
Idiot. I said "buy into" not buy.
>>
I just want enough money to build a very crude, livable little Shack and buy land.
I can stop paying rent and invest in setting land up for desired plants/trees/animals/food, building strcutures (sheds/shelters, storage, coops, garage, work area, greenhouse) a more permanent but very small, effecient home. Achieve this over some time while living in shitshack.
Children with long term monogamous husband (2-3). Good watch dog.
Begin work on larger home while maintaining
Adequate space for more structures. Small leftover living spaces available for children, others.
>>
I've thought about getting one
the idea of it seems nice.
>small comfy portable home that doesn't look like a chunk of iron on some wheels
>>
>>37761563
>Literally no room for my collectables.
2/10 would be comfy but not recommend.
>>
>>37761663

Tiny houses are way more expensive than apartments.
>>
>>37761606
How is that worse than living with mommy?
>>
You're literally better off buying a $10k camper on Craigslist and a solid towing truck and just paying rv park fees and travel around without looking like a try hard. Tiny houses on wheels are just less practical luxury RVs and laws regard them as such. Tiny houses on land are really dumb when you spend about the same as a regular small house.
>>
>>37762339
Then it makes even less sense. If you compare the much lower cost of materials it is way more expensive than a way more expensive house? Throw out some number for me so it is easier to prove you wrong. 1<100 every time. I know you are stupid so this is asking a lot, but at least help me out here. What lead you to such a retarded conclusion?
>>
>>37761563
yeah, if you've got the land you're getting fucked by taxes anyway
if it's on wheels it's just a shittier RV
I do like those houses they have in Tokyo though that are really tall and skinny with a focus on maximizing the available space, great idea
>>
You have to be REALLY clean and organized to live like that. I lived in a studio apartment and it was fine at first but after a while I was dying for some space.

>cooking makes all your clothes smell
>smoke detector goes off
>guests bump into each other
>dirty laundry, shoes stink
>stuff packed to the ceiling

Lots more annoying stuff I can't think off
>>
>>37763521
>spend about the same as a regular small house.
Never understood this meme, as a construction worker. I could build a /tinyhouse/ for a couple grand. I could make it up to code for probably less than 10k, and I could make it super comfy and legal for 10k.

You get schlonged if you hire a bunch of Mexicans to build it, residential construction is almost as much of a ridiculous racket as commercial construction. If you don't build it yourself, you're a faggot anyway. It's one thing to not build your own 200+sf/2-story house, but not building your own tinyhome is absolutely bluepilled.
>>
>>37763778
>REALLY clean and organized to live like that
I've lived in a 12x8 room for a year, by choice (I was the rent collector, I just wanted to get more monies by letting some chump pay more for the big room.) It's really not a big deal, if anything it's a plus because it forces you to keep all your stuff organized.
>>
I'd buy a house 2x that size, or even 1.5x, but as is that's way too small
>>
the point is it's small enough to not be considered a house so the government doesn't steal house tax from you.
>>
i'm imagining how scary that would be in a tornado or a bad thunder storm or snow storm.

And, then there is the issue of what happens when there is more than 1 person. If you want to cram individuals into tiny spaces it is more efficient to stick them in a tall building.
>>
>>37764372
>how scary that would be in a tornado or a bad thunder storm or snow storm
fucking shill, how on earth is it any less safe than any other house? For that matter, who even gets scared during weather like that?
>more than 1 person
my qt waifu and I will be blissful thank you very much
>>
>>37761563
Living in a rundown shack is trendy. Hipsters always copying me.
>>
>>37764984
Hipsters are fagits.
>>
in an ideal world everyone would have the practical skills to build stuff and construct their own homes like this

however, it's fucking illegal to even build a house unless it meets some specifications. land isn't free and there's property tax. society does everything in it's power to keep you in the system
>>
>>37761563

Of course it is. You still need land to build this shit on. The one you posted looks like it's in someone's backyard, for instance, I doubt it's used as the primary residence.

Well, maybe if they have a NEET son they don't want inside the house.
>>
>>37763981

well, you also have to know how to do it, which most people don't.

it's just not a practical option for a primary residence for most people.
>>
it's a meme alright
people with money wanting to live in tiny place like less fortunate people but passing it off as some bullshit thing
>>
>>37762002
/thread

dnsvjidsfijvniodfshvioufn
>>
File: 1492362411766-fa.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1492362411766-fa.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
I swear to god these things are a fucking meme to get folks used to the idea of just never owning land, and bring back mobile homes in a palatable way.

Sorry folks, all of the land forever is bought out by some 60-80 year old boner pill popping faglord who lucked his way into purchasing a lot land. You can have one of these sick mobile-hom.. I mean tiny homes though! Look, it's just like a real house but smaller just like your self worth you tiny dicked fucking loser.

Oh you want land? You're more then welcome to drive all over go-fuck-yourself land in your new tiny home. Now shut the fuck up and sign the paperwork on your ovepriced undersized mobile home, faggot.
>>
>>37765803
>it's just not a practical option
Why? Carpentry isn't something that takes years to learn, unless you want a full legal licensed business. It's CURRENT YEAR, watch a couple YouTube videos.

You don't even have to pour a goddamn foundation if you don't want, a /tinyhouse/ is small and inexpensive enough to put on a couple concrete blocks that'll cost you maybe 20 shekels at your local shit store. Back in the mining boom days, they used to build houses on raw lumber foundations, just wood on dirt.
>>
File: 1473647945710.jpg (21KB, 350x250px)
1473647945710.jpg
21KB, 350x250px
>tfw live in a tiny house on land my parents literally gave to me
Feels fucking GOOD
>>
>>37761563
Where the fuck are you going to store shit retard?
>>
>>37765879
Who hurt you, sweetie?
>>
"Wow what a great date, Anon I can't wait to get back to your place. I don't normally do this on a first date but I want to fuck you when we get back to you hou....oh....you live here? You know what, I'm pretty tired Anon can you drop me off at my friend Chad's house round the corner? I'll stay in one of his spare rooms, honest"
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.