[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do adults make friends? I graduated college in May and have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
How do adults make friends? I graduated college in May and have been working from home ever since. I haven't spoken to anyone besides my landlord in weeks.

I feel like I'm going insane desu.
>>
>>37758708
you could try attending a meetup.com group
>>
>>37758708
I keep shitposting this question on my fake facebook accounts, normie forums and advice columns ect.
"bars" is the best I got, a lot of people just say shit like "be friendly", "dress properly" and when I ask them for a literal step by step guide they call me an autist. (I literally am, normies are no help at anything)
>>
>>37758766
I am autistic as fuck so I'm glad someone else knows the challenge. I made an attempt to go to a bar last weekend and I ended up just sitting and drinking jack and coke. Do normies make friends at the bar? I feel like everyone was already there with someone.
>>
>>37758708
I keep asking this question in a lot of places, the only actual answer I got was on the Let's Drawn Out Dark Souls 2. Sign up for some volunteer work or hobbyist group, people there are bound to have similar hobbies to you.
>>
>>37758749
>>37758813
Have been wanting to do this for a while. Have any of you robots ever went to one? How was it?
>>
File: 1497397405554.png (122KB, 398x309px) Image search: [Google]
1497397405554.png
122KB, 398x309px
>>37758708
you know ive sorta struggled with this shit too
in school it was hella easy coz girls and guys immediatly adopted me to their friends circles but now im not getting in schools anymore..

so now ive tried to get known with merchants, the guys who have an open living room for under 30s once a week, church people, job related people and just casual discussions with almost everyone.

Id say most of my new contacts have came from hobbies and work now. So like just go out daily, explore, if someones fun ask their number and try to involve them in your life.
Its not easy and when youre dumb as fuck asking people out can feel impossible but just keep trying.

Oh yeah and you could try going out on weekends to clubs and just trying to get few beers where the people are? Maybe try religions too?
t fellow adult, trying to become more alpha as days go by
>>
File: ed edd.jpg (266KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ed edd.jpg
266KB, 1024x768px
>>37758804
The answer I got was literally "bars", it was a one word response.
I asked them to elaborate and they told me to fuck off and called me a nerd.
I tried catfishing them later but they refused to buy me vidya and blocked me, sent his nudes to 300+ fb friends. Edgy I know.
>>
>>37758867
Kek. Bar friends are a meme.
>>
>>37758840
I signed up to work at a soup kitchen, met one guy but we don't hang out or anything. I'm preety sure if I went homeless tommorow he'd let me sleep in his basement, so there's that.
>>
>>37758845
Thanks anon. How has your luck been? Is finding friends at bars just a meme or am I just really autistic?

Whenever I'm out all I think about is how I'd rather be playing vidya.
>>
File: bull.jpg (54KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
bull.jpg
54KB, 600x399px
>>37758766
>>37758845
>tfw doesn't drink and atheist
Is there any hope for me?
>>
File: danz hare.gif (2MB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
danz hare.gif
2MB, 620x620px
>>37758945
its either like we talk for five minutes and switch places, or nothing happens or i get laid with random really horny person

and like if you dont mind cancer or stupid shit at times try playing vidya with some guys, most of under 30 year olds like gaming so its really easy to pick say cod zombies or doom 4 up and have a good time. you just sorta see it less than in high school

what you guys think about going to animecons or meet ups for those to bond with people, is that shit okay at over 20 anymore
>>
>>37759073
>or i get laid with random really horny person
Unless you're a woman, there has got to be more to this. As >>37758766 said, it's really hard to get a LITERAL step by step guide on this shit. Please, for the love of God, elaborate.
>>
>>37759073
I hope it's just taking you this long to type and you didn't abandon us.
>>
>>37758845
>open living room for under 30s

That sucks. I'm over 30 and in the same boat as most here. No friends IRL or anything.

No luck when volunteering yet. Like at the animal shelter it's just old married women in their 60's and such.
>>
File: 2244532.jpg (71KB, 538x439px) Image search: [Google]
2244532.jpg
71KB, 538x439px
>>37758708

after years of careful observation of the normies I work with, I have concluded that i cannot interact with normies on their social level, also bars are a terrible idea, but I have learned a few tricks:

>1. Work out and eat healthy
to do this, start every morning by waking up, drinking a glass of water, and doing 50 pushups. I started this by doing sets of 5-10, standing up, getting down then continuing. Work your way up to 100 eventually.

this will allow you to be more productive if you decide to go to the gym later, where you can make friends, by asking about weight lifting techniques or doing cardio. There are even group classes like yoga where you can meet people (i do all of these at home by myself, so no interaction)

>2. volunteer
When you volunteer somewhere at a place you like (like a gym, an art museum, a dog park/animal hospital) you will be forced to interact with people to some extent.

If you are attentive and have a fake smile on your face (within the right context) people will talk to you about their lives, the important part is no matter how little you care about them, keep listening, eventually someone will come along and you can actually have a good discussion and you can make friends with them

>3. join a club or society.
sports clubs

Go someplace where you will be forced to interact with people, you dont need to go all in from day 1 either, because most clubs you need to learn what you are doing first, remember everyone there is probably as new and awkward at the designated activity as you.

I met more people by volunteering for a few hours and found out how much i had in common with other people than I did in years going to gym (by myself late at night when nobody was there). also free food!

There needs to be natural communication, the optional bar meme of people randomly interacting by choice is just that, it only works when people WANT to communicate
>>
>>37758708
>How do adults make friends?
normal people just do, like breathing or shitting, it makes them feel good. I recommend not bothering making any unless its REALLY bothering you, or if you're doing it to get higher up in the world
>>
>>37759454
>normal people just do, like breathing or shitting
BUT HOW??!!?!?!?!?!?
>>
>>37759454
>normal people just do
THAT'S NOT HELPFUL
>>
>>37758708
Try and play some vidya with old school friends.

Log onto steam/xbox/whatever or message someone and say "do you still play x, want a game?" and chat with old friends online

Eventually (within a few weeks or months or regular chatting), they'll mention an event and invite you if you're getting along well enough
>>
>>37759487
>>37759545
What did you expect out of a bitter person who dismisses their problems due to "normies"?

There's plenty of good advice already in this thread. It boils down to talking to other people on a daily basis and not acting like a piece of shit. If you don't take effort to socialize, you can't possibly expect to have friends.
>>
>>37758708
seems impossible
>>
>>37758708
i know one guy who is a turbo normie but also a complete autistic nerd

apparently his trick at parties (i never go to parties) is he introduces himself and just keeps track of everyones fucking name

then when he sees two people talking he butts in and his like ohhh Charlotte you know Bradley??? ahhh haaaa
or whatever
>>
>>37758708
Ive always found it pretty easy to make friends, its just kind of a natural thing to me.

My problem is I always decline when people ask me to do shit because im miserable and hate myself and want to post on r9k from the safety of my room for the rest of my life
>>
>Online is the only place you get any respect
>In real life people try to take their problems out on you but back off because you're so sick of normies shit you don't care about the consequences anymore

If you really want some boring ass normie friends go the bars and pubs. Otherwise look for D&D groups they're your best bet
>>
>>37758708
Well, what do you like to do?

Like to ride your bike? Join a riding group
Have a dog? Go to the dog park
Love movies? Join a movie club

Yeah, you can to the bar but in my experience it's either gruff blue collar people or obnoxious kids.
>>
>>37759711
>Ive always found it pretty easy to make friends, its just kind of a natural thing to me.
to
>>37759487
>>37759545
FUCKING RETARD TELL US HOW TO DO IT, DON'T JUST SAY "IT'S EASY" YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
File: needs words.png (934KB, 632x860px) Image search: [Google]
needs words.png
934KB, 632x860px
>>37759114

Step 1
>Get your body physcially straight
>start little workouts
>start dieting (go gain or loose weight as needed) using available resources (dont go poiunding vitamin supplements just becasue

step 2
>make your mind stronger
>learn to language (understand communication (verbal/ nonverbal) and subject jargon and societal norms, the internet has most of these available for a given country/state/geographical area group

Go to places where people who like things you like hang out,

vidya
>gamestop: talk to clerks when not busy about games, Ive talked for hours about different stuff. Otherwise when business is slow, people sit on phones or their asses anyway
>go to gaming clubs (there are tabletop and vidya competitions at comic book stores too)

art
>museums
>libraries
>community painting classes

literature
>book clubs
>libraries

body building/fitness
>gyms
>running clubs
>bike clubs
bonus

>ASK QUESTIONS
start with
"hello, Im new to this, could you please explain "{topic or observed action}"

many people want to help others because it gives a variable ego boost

(altruism and selfishness go hand in hand)

other phrases work too like
"whats he doing now?" "Why did he do that"
"what should we do now"
>WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY

say "that looks really cool, ive always been interested in {topic/action observed} but i never really got a chance to learn/do, what can you tell me about it?' or relate to something similar that you do.

you might be met with a bunch of jargon that you don't understand, but remember it to learn afterwards or learn it beforehand. Just smile and say "OK", "that makes sense" (even if it doesn't, this technique can be used to make people feel welcome to talk)

if you are unsure, relate, saying
"im familiar with {topic X} but not so much {topic Y} is that {better/worse /the same} as {topic x}"

>social engineering can be used to brute force friends, but trying to manipulate people can make you seem like a creep use with caution
>>
>>37759927
This made me feel better about my self. Thank you, nigger.
>>
>>37759820
Honestly you just have to throw yourself out there, just talk about some shit you like with somebody and see if they respond well to it. If they don't like the same shit then laugh about it and explain why you like it. In all likely hood the person you're talking to will respond with something they like, and bam you've got a conversation.

The ultimate key to conversation is having fun and keeping it light in the beginning. This works really well with girls. Its not exactly "Just bee urself :))" Its more being comfortable with yourself and not giving a shit about other peoples opinions of you.

Interacting with people is always going to be weird and awkward at first but if you just have fun with it it makes the awkward phase a lot easier.
>>
>>37759254
i actually did abandon you coz i was trying to get laid with somebody

unironically, just bee yourself
>>
>>37758749
>tfw the only meetups here are tech companies doing presentations

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>37759927
Just popping in to say that pic may be the funniest pic I've seen all year. Pls tell me it's OC.
>>
>>37760435

pic is not complete oc, its a reaction pic that I modified in reverse order and put eyes on, so semi-OC
>>
>>37758708
You don't they're memes
>>
>>37758708
Unironically go to church or some other religious place.

Not even Christian desu
>>
File: 1491102361382.jpg (191KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1491102361382.jpg
191KB, 1024x683px
>>37759030

Yes, be the DD, sometimes you get to drive sweet cars, also sometimes grills think its hot that you are taking care of a bunch of other people (also just get chads/stacies to buy you free soda and dinner and shit). Especially the hipster chicks might be interested in you if atheist.

>be me
>chad tells me "hey anon we are going to a bar
>okay, im just going to stay here in my room
>naw mayn c'mown you need to get wasted, mabey youll get laid (LOL #YOLO)
>tfw dont want to get bullied for being a faggot
>dont drink
>feign interest to not get bullied
>offer to DD for gas money
>get the money
>drive to bar
>sit there on cell phone/people watch while chads socialize
>uninterested qt getting bothered by drunk chad herd, sees me and strikes up a conversation to avoid chads
>tell her im the DD
>"that must suck"
>tell her about how i don't drink anyway
>"thats so neat anon you must be a really nice guy to do that for your friends"
>ifonlyyouknew.jpeg
>hours later: everyone going to leave, she approaches me
>hey anon can you please DD for me, im too drunk to drive home, ill let you sleep in my bed with me
>sexual assault HR posters flash through my mind
>fuckthat.jpeg
>this is why im still single
>>
File: meh.png (702KB, 553x672px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
702KB, 553x672px
>>37760554

Hot Religious girls are either really unfaithful or bat shit crazy
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.