[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?

...Here on Earth?
>>
god damnit why would you say some shit like that no i haddn't considered it. what in the fuck.
>>
>>37740293
lol

super enjoyable post
>>
File: 124567873689362.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
124567873689362.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>37740190
Yeah. I would be ashamed too seeing how my creation turned out to be full of idiotic morons,
>>
No, anon. God loves you forever, always has and always will.

There is nothing you can do that can stray you too far from God.

He wants you back, He wants you to experience His love like you used to before you came into this treacherous world. He wants you to be happy because He loves you in immeasurable ways. And there is nothing that surpasses God's love for you, and the experience of God's love.
>>
>>37740190
I really like this new meimei that people post this on.
I find it quite hilarious everytime I see it, anyone else with me?
>>
>>37740190
>Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?
>...Here on Earth?

Well, the Christians dream that God left Heaven, at least in part. A portion of the Creator returned to His creation and rendered Himself vulnerable to all its cruelties. Having done so, His children humiliated and flogged Him before hanging Him to die on a hill reserved for the execution of criminals.

According to the story, this was because God entered the world and the world didn't recognize him. Had men realized God was in their presence, they would have afforded Him embraces rather than the scourge. Humankind could only torture God because it was incapable of seeing Him for who He truly was.

However, a bit of honesty is in order. The lot of men is ludicrously difficult. Even the most fortunate of our race suffer gratuitously. Poor Job, afflicted with his agonies despite his goodness, cried out to God for some explanation, desperately wondering how his pain was in the service of some greater good.

The response Job received was the roar of an indignant deity appearing before him as a whirlwind, senseless Nature in one of its most vicious and arbitrary forms. The Lord who claimed to love Job told His faithful servant he was incapable of understanding why he suffered and should content himself with the fact his Creator saw fit for him to do so. Father God gave Satan license to murder Job's children, afflict his flesh with oozing sores, and move his once loving wife to despise him. And miserable Job was castigated for being bold enough to ask why.

If Job met Christ and recognized Him to be the God who once came as a tempest, now reduced to a pitiful mortal capable of shedding only tears and drops of blood, he wouldn't have begged the Romans to execute Him. Remembering the senseless agonies he had endured, Job would have dragged Jesus into the same wilderness God relegates lepers and His other mistakes to and torn Him to pieces with his bare hands
>>
The Lord Jesus Christ is coming back some day lads..
Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lordshall be saved.
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Matthew 7:7-8
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Consider carefully. Call on Jesus. If the Bible isn't true, what do you to loose? It's just words on the wind. It very might might incite the salvation of your soul.
2 Thessalonians 2:2-12 warns of the end times and a strong delusion God will send.. Pray you may escape it y'all. Peace
>>
>>37740190
nawt remotely. god comes around to mess w/ me all the time. he/she thinks im a huge joke and loves to throw rocks at me and poke me with sticks. they know it doesnt matter cuz ill never recognize them and even if i did id be too terrified to say anything.
>>
>>37740190
HE IS QUOTING THE MOVIE YOU TARDS STOP POSTING BIBLE SHIT
>>
>>37741120
>nothing you can do that can stray you too far from God.
What if I become a trap and have a bf?
>>
>>37740190
I imagine the big bang was when our soon to be universe got flicked toward a wall after God picked his nose.
>>
Fucking spykids.
>>
>>37741120
But if God loves me why did he send Judas to hell and let Peter judge people at the pearly gates?
>>
>>37740190
What I don't understand is how that movie has such a great quote. I always liked that one, but everytime I remember that movie it feels so odd.
>>
>>37742673
Hell is not eternal

All the demons God has slain have gone to hell, repented, and gone back to God eventually or will eventually. All living beings have individual souls that are equal in value to all other souls, including demons, angels, and bad humans.

The Christian notion of an eternal hell or eternal punishment is completely incompatible with an all-loving, all-perfect, all-knowing God.
>>
>>37742808
>All the demons God has slain have gone to hell, repented, and gone back to God eventually or will eventually.
But isn't it true that under Christian teaching (at least Catholic teaching) that Angels\Demons can't repent because once they have made a decision they mentally can't change it.
>The Christian notion of an eternal hell or eternal punishment is completely incompatible with an all-loving, all-perfect, all-knowing God.
Glad someone else agrees with me
>>
>>37742946
Yes, that is the Christian teaching

And as I said, this is really incompatible with the (also Christian) concept of Grace. God's Grace means all-forgiving. What kind of all-forgiving God gives you one chance while you're under very random conditions? Are people born into non-Christian families out of sheer luck condemned forever into hell?
>>
>>37743130
So if a Christian God doesn't exist or at least is very contradictory. Does a God exist? Is it the Jewish God? Is God still alive? Is Satan or a similar evil being just fucking with us?
>Are people born into non-Christian families out of sheer luck condemned forever into hell?
I guess that is the reasoning for missionaries.
>>
>>37743434
Asking if God exists and then asking "which one" is redundant.
There is a very clear difference between gods and God.

Any notion of a Creator God that is omnipotent, uncreated, and all-perfect is correct (in my view). Be it Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, or otherwise.

Besides this, by simple virtue of "passing through" humans, all religions are flawed in one way or another. The fact that Christians think there is an eternal hell doesn't mean their entire religion is wrong.
>>
>>37743627
>all religions are flawed in one way or another.
Then why follow any religion?
>>
>>37743434

There's really no reason to believe one exists. Nothing about our universe suggests some kind of omnipotent intelligence behind it; especially not one that cares about humans in particular.
>>
>>37742033
Epic, simply Evan
>>
>>37743782
Because one of them will suit you in your spiritual seeking

Seeking without a religion to follow is like being the passenger of a chariot without a driver
>>
>>37742033
I've heard the story of Job related before but nobody ever mentioned that detail. Pretty cool IMO. God has his ways. His really badass ways lol. Fuck. Wish I could write stories like that. You're a good writer too, enjoyed that.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.