[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people get tattoos? What's the point of getting an

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_2839.jpg (96KB, 800x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2839.jpg
96KB, 800x636px
Why do people get tattoos? What's the point of getting an overused bible verse or roses tattooed on your body permanently?
>>
>>37734383
They want to feel original, too bad when they are stupid and ink themselves with something generic like
>butterflies
>comic characters
>said bible verses
My grandfather was a sailor, he tattooed himself name of every city it's port he visited on his back, map of the world on his belly and chest and anchor on his right arm. It looked fucking cool and when I saw it he already was ~60.
I personally wouldn't ink myself, it's too permanent. I'd get bored with it week after.
>>
Because they choose to affirm their identity through their external appearance instead of internalizing their values to become the person they imagine themselves being
>>
it's an accessory
>>
I have some gang tattoos i got while I was in prison. Kinda regret them now desu. Thankfully they're easy to hide
>>
>>37734383
Quotes are the worst. It just shows you have nothing to say for yourself
>>
>>37734383
Id get a tattoo if it was art that I did but past that probably not, unless it was someone with legitimate artistic skill
>>
>>37734383
They have meaning to some people. I don't mind them because they make easy conversation pieces and girls with tats are always eager to talk about them. I would never get any myself though.
>>
File: IMG_0156.png (478KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0156.png
478KB, 640x1136px
hoping to get something like this on my arm tomorrow, with roots coming down from trees and down my finger

arm/hand tattoo would be the most significant one i've had so i'm really nervous
>>
>>37734383
The long and short of it is that the person is simple.
>>
>>37734727
Kinda gay, famalam.
>>
>>37734383
I suppose it's something to read as you fuck her.
>>
>>37734383
>bible verse
>tramp stamp

Wew roasties are dumb
>>
File: 1497213383966.gif (434KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497213383966.gif
434KB, 319x240px
>>37734383

>that verse
>on that area of the body
>with those pants
>that much skin showing
>while that butt crack is visible

Are roasties incapable of being self-aware or what?
>>
File: tattoo4.jpg (25KB, 276x480px) Image search: [Google]
tattoo4.jpg
25KB, 276x480px
basically a tattoo is only meant to shout to the rest of the world: hey, I'm a trendfag! please, someone notice me! I guarantee you that I do exist!!
>>
File: ironman_lego.jpg (76KB, 725x960px) Image search: [Google]
ironman_lego.jpg
76KB, 725x960px
>>37735230

Ironman LEGO minifigure.
>>
>>37734383
They're impulsive. If you like something you can get a shirt or a wristband.
>>
File: tattoo_idea.jpg (261KB, 700x1009px) Image search: [Google]
tattoo_idea.jpg
261KB, 700x1009px
I just want to express myself
>>
>>37734383
>there is no limit to it's faith
says it all tbqh
>>
sum up of most common reasons:
- trendy, easy way to fit in with other degenerates, also pervasive media propagation of this subhuman pseudoculture
- the widespread meme of being "a tough person who can live through pain" associated with it
- bad taste, commoners just have shit taste, and you can't really get a more trashy decoration than a tattoo, so it is extremely appealing to that demographic
>>
>>37734727
>hoping to get something like this on my arm tomorrow, with roots coming down from trees and down my finger
Please do something original "tree" tattoos are very common. I'd rather get good tribal one than ""artistic""
>>
>>37734727
You are so fucking lame
>>
I call tattoos "prole stamps".
>>
Imagine you are so uninteresting that you decide to draw on yourself to make yourself stand out.
Then you see others do this and decide to take it one step further, and get piercings on your face.

You soon realize that there is always someone more retarded than you so you decide to be the ultimate retard and ink your face, mutilate your body, and wear clothing that entails mismatching items or wearing things that aren't supposed to be worn like sink pipes and chopsticks.

It successfully causes people to notice you so you keep changing your "style" every week to keep people interested.

Do this until you're 48, then realize the mistakes you've made.
>>
File: mike.png (362KB, 536x614px) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
362KB, 536x614px
>It's another "robots with no style and poor personal hygiene criticise how other people look" thread.

Always good for a laugh.
>>
File: sheet 1.jpg (742KB, 1500x3400px) Image search: [Google]
sheet 1.jpg
742KB, 1500x3400px
hi guys i have 3 tattoos atm and an ink time for one studio next week, wanna say what you think about these designs?
i dont really give a fuck and its been couple months so i just want new art done again

and no, tats dont make me special but it helps me stay motivated with IRL
>>
Mused with the idea of a tattoo for years until I realized that my younger brother and I were growing too far apart. In an effort to connect, I asked him about his tattoos and eventually I settled on my first tattoo. And more since then, with more planned.

I got tattooed to try to bond with my brother and to commemorate things that mean a lot to me.

I hope this answer is satisfactory.
>>
>>37734548
originally this tbqh
>>
>think all girls with tattoos are brainless whores who have never had an original thought
>girl I'm in love with gets some tattoos
>they look perfect on her and express her perfectly
wew lad i'm fucking pathetic
>>
>>37735923
The eye stabbed with sword look cool but not too pretentious-tier. I feel like the majority of tattoos are too pretentious
>>
>>37734548
But most people affirm the identities/traits of others through external appearance. This is most prevalent in male-female interactions. There is literally nothing wrong with getting a tattoo, only when you add too many or plan badly and it looks like shit.
>>
File: 1497565696768.jpg (1MB, 1500x3400px) Image search: [Google]
1497565696768.jpg
1MB, 1500x3400px
>>37735923
Shit. I meant to add a check on the panther, not add 2 checks on the skeleton.
>>
File: tattoo.jpg (19KB, 488x172px) Image search: [Google]
tattoo.jpg
19KB, 488x172px
I want a Quake or HL Lambda tattoo, but I changed my mind too often to decide it's probably going to be regrettable somehow.
>>
>>37734383

I find Bible verses tattoos to be the most ironic because the Bible says not to get tattoos.
>>
>>37735991
Not all tattoos are bad, just about 98% of them.
>>
File: 1497545941553.jpg (27KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497545941553.jpg
27KB, 320x320px
>>37736074
alright im probably gonna be showing these off to the artist tomorrow and talkin about where we are gonna get it / about price etc, thanks for making choice easier
ill probably be taking like 50 total and a sleeve so it doesnt matter which one goes first
have a dope night
>>
>>37736227
Would've been a little easier if you had better resolution on the designs but I'm glad I was of some help.
>>
File: thots.jpg (1MB, 1500x3400px) Image search: [Google]
thots.jpg
1MB, 1500x3400px
>>37735923
here's what I think of each of those
>>
>>37734548
>>37734540
>autistic losers who can't understand people at the best of times give their uneducated opinions about others which are of course wrong
And I don't even have tattoos
>>
Imagine blowing your load all over those words
>>
I have a small white ink tattoo of the moon cycle on my wrist. I'm so pasty no one would even know it's there unless I pointed it out to them. I like seeing it and it has meaning to me. Why people would plaster themselves with walls of bullshit, I don't know.
>>
>>37734383

I wonder if Saint Paul ever imagined cum would be rained down on his writings in the form of tattoos on the asses of whores
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.