[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Graduate from uni >Economics degree >lol no jobs >revert

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

>Graduate from uni
>Economics degree
>lol no jobs
>revert to flipping burgers and tossing salads in a classy restaurant for minimum wage
>stress and pressure through the roof
>11 months later decide it's not worth it
>give one month notice
>everyone begs me to stay
>notice time is done
>they give me a promotion to management
>tfw
>>
>>37727984
Do you regret going to UNI?
>>
>>37727984
Should have gone to a trade school.
>>
>>37727984
Why do you people even think about getting those boring degrees? I personally fell for the stem meme. Hate that shit so much. Should've become a doctor.
>>
>>37728182
Why don't you become a suicide statistic instead?
>>
>>37728182
Economics is very interesting.
>>
>>37728228
soon
>>37728305
No it's not. It's just mundane. Girls prefer cool doctors like Jack from Lost. They don't want that guy from Shawshank Redemption.
>>
>>37728387
You're a total moron if you think that. Money is like a God, the effects it has on society are infinitely interesting.
>>
>>37728182
>thinks STEM is boring
>wants to become a doctor

wew lad. imagine memorizing the most autistic shit imaginable at a breakneck pace for 6+ hours a day, 6 days a week. and those are just the first 2 years of medical school -- the easy part of becoming a doctor.

t. med school dropout
>>
>>37728228
Speaking of statistics (different anon), that's my fucking dream job. I want to sit in an office crunching lots of numbers and writing simple conclusion journals,

Comfy
>>
>>37728420
Economics degree ain't gonna make you some filthy rich shlomo shekelstein
>>
File: smart pepe.png (67KB, 1456x1108px) Image search: [Google]
smart pepe.png
67KB, 1456x1108px
I want to do psychological research. studying normies
>>
>>37728420
You know books are purchasable by everyone and not just uni students right?

If you are getting a meme degree to do absolutely nothing with it you may just want to save money and just read a bunch of shit about economics.
>>
>>37728459
Since i'm neither a chad nor a hollywood celebrity offspring i won't become a movie star.
>>
>>37728461
I was expelled as well, m80. And it wasn't too hard.
>>
>>37728550
>I was expelled as well

What did you do?
>>
>>37728582
Wasn't attending it for awhile. All that social anxiety stuff. You know.
>>
>>37728550
maybe it's different in your country. in the USA it's very challenging. i still remember my first midterm on biochemistry/genetics/molecular biology. it tested 1800 powerpoint slides, which we covered in 5 weeks.
>>
>>37728618
Well maybe i exaggerrated it a little bit when i said it wasn't too hard. It becomes harder later, But it worth all the ordeals. And i really liked biology and latin.
>>
>>37728510
I'm not arguing with that. I never wasted money on a degree but my point about economics remains. People live and die based on changes in the economy. How much money you have basically controls how good your life is in our current society. It's a very interesting topic.
>>
>>37728509
psychology is a meme degree on the same level as gender studies
>>
>>37728683
One might consider it as a hobby. But if you want to survive find something else.
>>
>recently graduated biomedical science degree
>no jobs, all require 1 year experience plus hcpc registration
>entry level lab jobs require 6 months experience in a hospital lab
>was able to volunteer for 1 month at a lab after waiting 1 year for them to secure a place for me
>not enough to be of value
>pointless even trying to get a job with my degree so looking for anything
>most retail/service jobs opt for females over males

it's pointless bros i feel like shit, wasted three years of my life and now im broke. what do i do?
>>
>>37728804
drive a cab
>>
>>37728813
no driving license
>>
>>37728804
pajeets and chongs took all the jobs?
>>
File: 1471187177693.jpg (31KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
1471187177693.jpg
31KB, 313x286px
>>37728837
it appears so OREGUNO
>>
>>37728821
Drive when it's night. And buy a police radio thingy.
>>
>>37728804
How about taking an internship?

at least you'll be able to have the exp part covered.
>>
>>37728892
I haven't seen many internships to do with my degree, do you have any idea where is best to find them?
>>
>>37728936
immigrate to the us
>>
>>37728804
>>no jobs, all require 1 year experience plus hcpc registration

All of the jobs in my area require 3-5 years of experience. It's pointless to even apply for jobs. Most of my friends who found good jobs got them through family/friend connections.
>>
>>37728980
>Most of my friends who found good jobs got them through family/friend connections.

this. most have my jobs have been through friends. i've worked a lot and have a lot of experience but very few of these were obtained through application forms
>>
File: Junior position.png (24KB, 609x486px) Image search: [Google]
Junior position.png
24KB, 609x486px
>>37728980
Example of a job posting for a Junior web developer position.

>5+ years experience required.

Good luck millennials
>>
>>37729289
>programming meme
Is it still alive?
>>
>>37729289
may as well build a whole crypto currency with all that experience.
>>
>>37729289
should just join one of Bells unpaid internship programs and get farmed into the company
>>
>>37728387
>GURRRLS
you shouldn't base life decisions on attracting women
>>
>>37727984
It's just one of the many things i've given up on.
You can't get a job without having prior job experience but if you can't get a job to get job experience so you can get other jobs you are fucked.
>>
>>37729456
I based my decision on my abilities and interests. And it was medicine. And i'm out of it forever.
>>
just found this, hopefully it's true and the "3 years experience" thing is just a meme
https://antjanus.com/blog/thoughts-and-opinions/the-story-of-entry-level-positions-that-need-prior-experience/
>>
>>37729786
>just found this, hopefully it's true and the "3 years experience" thing is just a meme

It's not a meme. It's reality.

If you want to test this, go on indeed.com, make up a fake resume of a Fresh College Grad, and start applying for jobs. The job market is a joke but a lot of older people don't realize this because they haven't looked for a job in 15 years.
>>
>>37729786
>you're leveling up from monopoly to stock trading

well that's a solid analogy, this guy seems to be a wealth of knowledge
>>
>>37729353
I want to get into web dev but I'm afraid I might get out sourced or something
>>
>>37729786
Yea that's bullshit. Some people might not have had the time to do that shit in college if they had other stuff going on at the time.
>>
ITT: fags that never heard of internships
>>
File: Fargoth glasses.png (96KB, 172x233px) Image search: [Google]
Fargoth glasses.png
96KB, 172x233px
>>37727984
>Food Management
Probably the biggest meme in the work force desu. You're basically a day care worker for beaners and teenagers, if you've been in the food management long enough to be in management, there's something wrong with you.
>>
I can never even imagine myself doing anything more than minimum wage bitch work. I wish I could just buy a small plot of land and grow my own food and live away from society, but fuck I need way more money than I have to even do that.
>>
>>37727984
>economics degree
>useless

where do you live? Econ grads from decent schools make 50k out of college in the NYC area. According to Payscale Econ is up their with Computer Science
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.