[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't handle the bantz anymore >at work >at

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1463673165003.jpg (134KB, 554x527px) Image search: [Google]
1463673165003.jpg
134KB, 554x527px
>tfw can't handle the bantz anymore
>at work
>at 32

could meditation help?
>>
>>37704679
femanon here
yes. try yoga. it's really good for you spiritually. you can really cleanse some of the hate with nice wheat grass shakes and 6 hours of yoga
>>
>>37704724
Your autism is pretty scary. Don't you havr anything better to do than spam your meme all day long in every thread?
>>
>>37704902
femanon here
calm your titties wagecuck
>>
>>37704679
One thing that got me really angry was coffee. So quit that if you're drinking it.

Meditation helps but I wouldn't meditate because I'm a Christian and meditation is a spiritual practice and all my spiritual practice must be towards God. So I advise against it. I remember once I probably really did encounter an evil spirit meditating. It was scary and a surprise (it happened only that time even though I meditated for months). So... best would be prayer and belief in God, then get rid of coffee. Don't recommend meditation.
>>
>>37704679
Yes. I've been meditating for a few months now, just 10 minutes a day helps massively.
It trains you to let go of irrational thoughts and feelings, this allows you to do the things your rational self wants to accomplish with less interference from your animal side.

The longer you meditate the better it is, just like lifting more weight makes you stronger. But get at least 10 minutes each day, and don't skip a single day for whatever reason. It's easy to fall back into old habits when you stop meditating, so never stop doing it.
>>
>>37705987
Which practice would you recommend? Standard zazen, or with a mantra, or something specific?
>>
>>37704679
Absolutely. Although it's not something that can or should be done on the spot for immediate effect. it's more of a long-term passive solution.

Sitting meditation is a fucking meme though. We already spend enough time sitting on our asses at work and at home. Active meditation is the best form of meditation.

t. ex-catholic ex-buddhist ex-robot

>>37705919
Meditation is entirely mental, it is not spiritual at all.

It can be found in various religions, in different forms, including prayers from Christianity. When you recite your hail marys with a rosary or anything else, that is just another form of meditation
>>
>>37706142
>Active meditation

explain pls
>>
>>37706381
When we think of "meditation" in the west we tend to just think of passive meditation: sitting on the floor without eyes closed, doing nothing at all. Focusing on your breathing and maybe going "ohm".

In fact meditation has a multitude of active forms.

Someone pointed out yoga earlier in the thread (as a "fembot" shitpost) and that's one form of active meditation from Hinduism. Your focus is on your breath but you're still moving your body through various poses. it's great for your joints and your balance.

Zen Buddhism and Buddhism in general has a few forms of active meditation as well. Zen monks draw circles and straight lines into a "garden" made out of small rocks. They clean the temple's floors three times a day using a single cloth. Those are all forms of meditation.

China has a whole plethora of "internal" martial arts that are just that. Tai Chi, Qi Gong, several styles of Kung Fu including the famous Shaolin styles. You're punching and kicking and blocking - but again your focus is on your breath.

Hell even regular martial arts like karate and boxing or just any sport in general like jogging or biking is a form of meditation. When you're out on a dirt path and you're going for a run - what do you do? You focus on your breath and you clear your mind. That is meditation.

If you're focusing on your breathing, and you're clearing your mind - that's meditation.

The reason why it's better - and the reason why Shaolin Kung Fu was invented, is because passive meditation focuses too much on the mind. It becomes a hindrance on the body and your brain is part of your body and the brain contains the mind. A healthy body is a healthy mind.
>>
maleanon here

meditation is a hoax invented by china
>>
>>37705919
what do you think monks do you colossal cock-sucking faggot
>>
>>37706566
sweet, thanks.

oregon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.