[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else not regret "wasting" their youth on anime,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: u6XSwVt.jpg (69KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
u6XSwVt.jpg
69KB, 720x960px
Anyone else not regret "wasting" their youth on anime, videogames and the internet? There's no better joy in the world than being 14 and spending all your time shitting up forums and playing WoW. I wouldn't trade it for anything
>>
>>37700628
i wasted it getting shitfaced with other burnouts so me neither!
>>
I regret it. I look at people who spent their time learning how you talk to people and have fun. Getting their enjoyment from other people. 15 years later what the fuck do I have to look back on, memories? Those aren't sustainable. How does it make me happy now? I don't like any of the games today, I can't even afford a few. I've based my childhood off being a consumer and feeding off brand loyalty. The people I envy go out with no stress in their mind and spend time for free with friends, real friends. I've spent my youth on something so fleeting that I've wasted my time. I have nothing to show for it. I might as well have taken stories of other people's adventures and claimed them as my own to better suit my head space. These people I envy they don't have to question what makes them happy.
>>
>>37700803
I fell for the be social meme. wasted so much time at pointless school events and hanging out with people I didn't even like. I'm just happy I stopped with that shit when I was a junior. only my real friends stuck around all the other ones forgot about me and honestly I feel better knowing I'll never have to waste time on them again than I did hanging out with them.
>>
>>37700628
I do. Ruined my life. Could have been something man
>>
i regret not playing more games in my youth. when i was young i mostly studied, got a scholarship, etc. all i wanted to do was play games. instead i worked hard, kept up my 4.0 gpa, graduated with honors, and ended up with no job. at least now i get to play games, but i could have beat so many more by now.
>>
File: 1457673166624.jpg (754KB, 1592x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1457673166624.jpg
754KB, 1592x1172px
yeah i dont understand either why people start hating their youth now after all these years
it was what you enjoyed at the time why start hating it now?
enjoyed time is not wasted time
nostalgia hurts sometimes but thats normal
>>
>>37701092
I didn't enjoy it at the time
>>
>>37701362
then why did you do it? if you did something you dont enjoy you only have yourself to blame
>>
File: CastleFace28_medium.jpg (20KB, 214x240px) Image search: [Google]
CastleFace28_medium.jpg
20KB, 214x240px
>>37700628
I was pretty beta talking to girls and socially but i had good friends still and enjoyed my youth honestly, i regret not having a gf or anything and regret how insecure and beta i was but i think its just part of growing up, theres no use worryign about it now just think about the good times and what you learned.
>>
>>37700628
in the moment it was pretty nice but looking back i wish i done something else
>>
i only regret not having money now due to so much wasted time
>>
>>37700628
Femanon here
You should regret it. Now you have no real skills to succeed in life. Glad you enjoyed your childhood. You being here tells me youre not enjoying your adulthood very much though
>>
>>37700803
I regret it. I look at people who spent their time learning how you properly grind and raid dungeons and have fun. Getting their enjoyment from other people in their group. 15 years later what the fuck do I have to look back on, memories of an ex gf who left me? Those aren't sustainable. How does it make me happy now? I don't like any of the women today, I can't even afford a new relationship. I've based my childhood off being in love and feeding off loyalty. The people I envy get together with no stress in their mind and spend time for free with each other as real friends. I've spent my youth on something so fleeting that I've wasted my time. I have nothing to show for it. I might as well have taken stories of other people's adventures and claimed them as my own to better suit my head space. These people I envy they don't have to question what makes them happy.
>>
>>37701092
>enjoyed time is not wasted time
This is true.

>nostalgia hurts sometimes but thats normal
It does sometimes. Sometimes what else hurts is playing the game/show again and realizing how shitty it is.
>>
>>37702568
>You being here tells me youre not enjoying your adulthood very much though
It certainly does, role playing male whose pretending to be a woman.
>>
>>37702568
why did you feel the need to add that youre a female
>>
>be 28
>great gaming PC
>100+ games
>barely touch any of them
>finished like 5 and it felt like a chore
>can't seem to get hyped or competently immersed in a game
>it just gives me something to do and keep me busy when im not at work or at the gym.
>>
>>37702589
>neckbeards roleplaying THIS hard
Holy fuck hahaha
>>
>>37702636
Shhh, dont tell him we know its bait let the poor soul dream
>>
>>37702568
Either you are a stupid cunt who feels the need to assert that she is female when it isn't relevant, or a regard who pretends to be a girl on the internet.
Either way, you should kill yourself without hesitation.
>>
>>37702661
I know that chore feel, bro. At least I have a cheap PC. This is the perfect time to forgo games and succeed in life (if that's possible) in order to have anticipation and money for the mindblowing VR games there will be to play 20-30 years later.
>>
>>37702589
>>37702794
See closely. This post is a remix of the previous but in this case it's about a loser who dropped all his friends for pussy like some loser. That's just as worse as spending all that time playing vidya.

But the boy knows his mistake. Even if it was just satire it was still a learning experience
>>
>>37702794
Read

>>37703693

Im just spinning

>>37700803
because no matter what you did with your youth, if youre stagnant now, youll blame it on the past, not the present, even though its really the presents fault.
>>
>>37700628
Fuck you OP, I wouldn't even be surprised if you're underageb&
I regret not making the most of today.
>>
File: [#SPOOF] Link Skyward Sword.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
[#SPOOF] Link Skyward Sword.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
I don't feel like I had a choice. People dislike being around me socially today and They did when I was 12. Not a big deal.
>>
My family didn't have much money, so we didn't get the internet until I was 18 or so.
>>
>>37702661
>and it felt like a chore
>>37703275
>I know that chore feel, bro

I went through and culled the fuck out of my steam library. Literally removed everything from my account I didnt find fun and had marked to not play again. I went from over 200 to a small list of 13.

Its good, because I open my steam, and I dont get overwhelmed.

Im finding I still do enjoy games. They just need to be good. I cant be happy with garbage like I used to as a kid, when you would go and buy something new with your birthday money, it would fucking suck, but youd finish it anyway because it was all you had?

I feel like we get burnt out on all the shit games out there, and having them clog up our libraries and sit in our consciousness makes us unwilling to open a game.

Just take it off your account. So what if you wasted the money? You werent ever going to play it anyway.
>>
>>37702568
>>37702636
>>37703213

>Femanon here
>You should regret it.

what part of that didn't you understand? the female moral police is here trying to claim how you as a male should act to help them despite them never acting like they say one should, making it clear that they mean males only

>omg so female so social wow such maturity
>sit around at a table waiting to be entertaining by orbiters never once taking agency

just lel
>>
>>37703901
Hell yeah this anon knows the life. I wasn't a well liked kid because I was autistic and I didn't fawn over celebrities or whatever it was that I was supposed to do and as a result was considered boring/too serious/made people uncomfortable. So I had a lot of spare time.
Also, I ensure you that playing videogames and reading books and listening to music is not a waste of time. It is culturally enriching. Besides, it's not like I didn't do other shit with my time. I drew a lot, learned instruments, was in a band, competed as an athlete... There's plenty of time to do all sorts of shit in one's childhood/teenage years.
>>
>>37704096
Women are trash and I think that's universal knowledge, I don't know why you'd even care about her supposed virtue signaling. I have yet to meet a woman who does not have some form of atypical neurophysiology (autism, depression, whatever) who wasn't absolutely fucking insane. All they literally do with their time is think and talk about other people's lives. It's nauseating, I wish they'd kindly off themselves. But what can you do, realistically?

t. autistic female.
>>
File: 1352051590216.jpg (88KB, 780x760px) Image search: [Google]
1352051590216.jpg
88KB, 780x760px
>Go on Skype and Discord with friends
>We all vary from robot to semi-normie
>There's that one guy who always gets pissy when people go out drinking with their normie friends
>Guy comes back
>Autist gets angry
>Other guy is audibly confused
>Autist literally says "You should be here making memories with your friends!"
He's a 23 year old man and he classes talking on Skype as "making memories". And yes, he was serious.
>>
femanon here

why don't you just get a job?
>>
>>37704232
femanon here
I do have a job
>>
>>37700628
The only reason I regret it is because to normies that is considered a completely unacceptable childhood so it makes whatever social situation I am in worse if I decide to talk about my childhood
>>
This "youth" is the best time of your life meme comes from the 1960s when baby-boomers grew up. They dropped out of society to do drugs and be promiscuous with no need to have a good looking body and very relaxed social norms and whilst they did this they believed they were going to bring about world peace and growing up meant coming down from space into reality for them. Would you apply this pressure to enjoy your youth on a child? Damn kid you can't spend your childhood with lego building treehouses is more fun? People used to view our present age much like we view childhood today from what I see. 1990s youth culture seems instead sad and disillusioned with youth idols actually killing themselves instead of partying too hard.
>>
>>37700628
No. Some pretty good memories. But I regret not being able to build my social skills, to have the logical steps of progression in life, such as first kiss, first gf, first sex. It's gotten to a point where social interaction is alien to me. I can't do it without a lot of anxiety...
>>
>>37700628

Honestly the only thing I regret from ages 12-19 was being afraid of approaching hot girls, and not losing my virginity until I was 19 (to a girl who was a 5/10). Other than that I was a pretty good kid, never got in trouble desu
>>
>>37704232
I have a job And I still do nothing but play video games and post here
>>
>>37700628
I wish I didn't shy away from multiplayer games so much. My social skills are so bad that all I can do is follow orders, I'll never be fireteam or squad lead in ARMA.
>>
>>37700628
I don't regret any of it. Why should I want to spend time with normies when I can be in my bed drinking Mountain Dew and watching anime or playing vidya?
>>
>>37700628
I regret not picking up a sport in my youth (would have given me better motor skills), but otherwise I don't regret wasting all my free time playing with lego, drawing, video games, etc.
>>
Somewhat.
On one hand I stopped going to school to play vidya and stopped socializing with my friends.
On the other hand Playing vidya was way better than going to school and I met people on there that I talk to more than people irl.
>>
>>37700628
I regret not wasting more of it. I grew up in a poor area of the country, but because my parents were, relatively, rich my college apps were weak and would have taken a ton more involvement to compete with the poor kids who got good grades. Besides, college didn't help at all and unless you're going to a top 10 then it's all the same. Hell, if anything I would've done the bare minimum then enlisted because at least that way I could spend several years not knowing what I want to do and making money off of it and learning shit.
>>
>>37700628
The only thing i really regret is not losing more weight and exercising. Even then, people probably would've thought i was a creep at school anyway, so no big deal. I still think that watching anime was a lot better use of my time than normalfag parties and boring shit.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.