[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was about to use the Suicide Helpline's chat program when

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1496317911321.jpg (84KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
1496317911321.jpg
84KB, 500x710px
I was about to use the Suicide Helpline's chat program when I realized that the reason the chat window wasn't popping up was because it was being adblocked. And that was really funny. It was so funny I just didn't need the helpline any more.
>>
may you accommodate me by posting the source of the picture you have posted?

also, why you gonna do it? mabe i can help
>>
>>37700049
If you haven't been enlightened by Juri, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>37699951
Anon, I'd really recommend you don't. Particularly if you're in the US. When I called a suicide hotline they sent some shallow, unhelpful, not even comforting people over to my home. They tried to get me to go to the hospital which was not an option because I literally had to be out of my apartment the next day. When I refused to go, they left, and the police came banging at my door at 2am.

They barged in, wouldn't even let me put clothes on without watching and humiliating me. They treated me like the scum of the earth. Then they forced me to go to a psych ward for 24 hours. I mean, I guess I'm still alive, but it was an awful experience I wouldn't wish on anyone. Especially someone who is at the lowest they've been and just needing help.
>>
>>37700377
i would agree with this. no one at the hotlines actually want to help you work through your issues. they just want to pass you on to a hospital or psych ward so that their obligation is filled
>>
>>37700413
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Its just really hard to help someone in that state. I'm a social worker and I've been there and I badly want to help I just usually don't know how.

I think the only time I've successfully helped someone who was sharing suicidal feels was because they weren't a client or online and I was able to provide them with physical comfort.

Regardless, OP should reach out for help in other ways. Don't say you want to kill yourself. Saying you're super depressed and losing the will to live is enough to get it out but not enough to get your door kicked in for you "own good".

I sincerely wish we could live in a society where we could all just accept that wanting to end your life is sometimes apart of life and that's okay.

Hang in there, robot.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.