[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go in to job provider >sees I never had a job and I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1496893739865.jpg (64KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496893739865.jpg
64KB, 422x750px
>go in to job provider
>sees I never had a job and I'm 22
>she sounds mean and I feel upset
>says it's going to be hard for me to get work without a drivers license
>nearly left because I feel like crying
>I say I probably have undiagnosed mental health issues
>she is a bit more nice now
>books me in for 2 hours to talk about it with someone
Fuck lads, I feel like shit, gotta find work, I rarely leave my parents house, I did go to school last year for some courses but haven't really been looking since. Also I'm a high school dropout.
>>
>>37699937
Get a fucking license you absolute retard, the answer is right there
>>
>>37699937
Why don't you have a fucking driver license?
>>
Kill yourself, dude. You seriously don't stand a chance. You're 22. Life's not even hard yet. If you can't get a job this young then there's nothing anyone can do for you. You're fucked. End it.
>>
>>37699937
Anon I suggest you do volunteer work. They will never turn you down, and it is definitely something that employers like to see on a resume. I had a fun time volunteering at the special olympics as you basically just point autistic and disabled people to the event they are supposed to go, plus, free lunch. Soup kitchens also will gladly accept help, and it will feel rewarding in a feel good way. Best of luck anon.
>>
A driver's license is a pretty big barrier. THey want to know that you have a reliable transport to and from your job.
>>
dont listen to the wagecucks, lack of working doesn't make you a lesser person
>>
>>37699937
They ask for a driver's license? What the fuck?
>>
>>37699937
it'll be okay anon, try getting a permit first if that will help you, ask for a parent or friend to help you practice driving! Don't give up anon, don't!
>>
>she sounds mean and I feel upset

Your problem isn't the car, man.
>>
>>37699937
>go into employment agency
>tells me no ones going to want to hire someone with depression or anxiety
>goes on this long angry rant about how she used to be the person to deal with "those types" and how whoever they sent them to always gave the lowest rating or something
>talks about how she used to have to handpick shit like janitorial or graveyard solo jobs just for them to avoid that
>starts talking about me, to me, like i'm not even there and how people like me just waltz in thinking i deserve normal people jobs
>second i mention having a license and having been self-employed all this time her shitty attitude picks up to excitement cause apparently i can just go fucking anywhere now how about these 80 jobs 5 hours away
>just got up and left cause i was actually thinking if i had to deal with asshats like her i'd just kill myself
Fuck it.
>>
>>37700555
Not necessarily, but a lack of doing anything productive at all definitely does

It just so happens that for most people working is the most readily available productive activity
>>37700560
Is that surprising? Unless you live within walking distance of a job and/or there are very good public transport links then a car is practically necessary, many jobs might require you to come in on short notice for various reasons.
>>
>>37700560
Gotta have reliable transport for most jobs now. Its just one of those boxes they want checked off.
If they actually want to hire you after your time with them from the agency is over they'll also ask about your facebook cause they want to make sure you aren't one of those crazies. Lie about either and they'll find out eventually whih makes you look bad.
Also a lot of places will get you with a drug test out of the gate.
>>
>>37700755
>HURR I am ill and depressed and never worked a real job
>NOBODY wants that
>gibe me jerb
>no
>GIVE ME JERB!!
>no
>Well I did something little
>Oh thank god than maybe we can find you something
>FUCK YOU

Great job, you are as retarded as OP
>>
>>37699937
Go to trade school famalam
I literally had to turn off my phone at one point recently because people wouldn't stop calling to offer me jobs.
>>
File: 1475388254010.jpg (237KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475388254010.jpg
237KB, 960x960px
>come back to thread
>get replies I was expecting
>>
>>37700813
Well considering i got experience in carpentry and fucking welding of all things, basically the gold mine for work agencies outside being an accountant, being put in a janitorial position because some idiots biased against mentally ill people is kind of shitty and i'm not going to sit there and be insulted in an hour only for her to send me to jobs that are on the outskirts of nowhere so they can just shrug and say whatever when shit doesn't pan out for them.
>>
>>37699937
Dude I dropped out of high school and make good money building custom apps for solar companies lol easy money dude just learn how to code
>>
File: FUUUUCK.jpg (47KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
FUUUUCK.jpg
47KB, 640x427px
>>37700603
yeah its this mean woman mate she's picking on DA BOI!
>>
>>37700878
Did you extol the fact that you have experience in those trades at the employment agency?

Did you argue that you believe you actually would be able to work jobs that have some level of human interaction despite any mental illness you may have?

Also, if you have a car and experience you know that you can actually research and apply to jobs of your own volition? Trade positions rarely advertise through agencies anyway, in my experience you're infinitely more likely to get a trade job if you just contact them directly and ask for one
>>
>not getting part time work when you're 16
>not looking for apprenticeship or work experience when you're 18 and studying
>not having a club or hobby to go to while you study/work when you are 16-20

You missed the boat, m8. You are supposed to think about your future when you are in school, now you are fucked.

t. happy normie
>>
>>37700955
Yet you're still on 4chan.
>>
>>37700982
Yeah, I like shitposting and picking on robots. Got a problem with that?
>>
>>37700942
I did she just ran over the fact with how the last guy she sent to a worksite that had depression got fired within a week "you know how it is with these types."

Yes. So she gave me all the shit end jobs that'll cost me more than i'd make just to get there because if i'm one of those "episodey types" its no skin off their back they'll still be on good term with the local companies they contract out to.
I've tried cold calling and dropping in but everyone and their mother seems to be doing this exact shit and I don't have the know how or capability to just start up my own freelance welder career. Yes, i know jimbob is smart enough to make himself successful as a self-employed welder/carpenter but i'm not.
>>
>>37701003
GET OUT NORMALFAG FUCKING FAGGOT KILL YOURSELF

Also cyberbulling doesn't exist when it's Anonymous, I've seen all this shit for years.
>>
>>37701010
Do you actually have qualifications or just experience?

Research apprenticeship positions, hell even unpayed internships at local firms

Also if she's actually that dismissive of you, request a new job coach?

>I've tried cold calling and dropping in but everyone and their mother seems to be doing this exact shit

Yeah, they are, except more than you, hence they're getting the jobs

> and I don't have the know how or capability to just start up my own freelance welder career. Yes, i know jimbob is smart enough to make himself successful as a self-employed welder/carpenter but i'm not.

Thanks for the sarcasm, but that's not what I'm suggesting at all
>>
>>37701057
Sorry about the last bit thats just what everyone brings up the second they hear welding and needing a job.
"My cousin is making $xxK a year since he threw his rig in his truck and just did traveling welding and he's half retarded! Why haven't you done this?" I've tried and failed 3 times now actually networking that shit means you're working against every other guy doing that and i just never get picked out of the bunch and its a massive cash hole until you get established.

20 a day for a few weeks seemed proactive to me. How much more do i have to pick this shit up I can't afford to drive all over all day every day.

I'm journeyman in both and certified through a technical college.
>>
>>37701136
Didn't know i could just ask for a different person. I figured my rep was my rep. Who'd i even ask? The receptionist?
>>
>>37701162
Well I'm sure it depends where you are, is this a government mandated job coach or are you paying for the privilege?

Even then, if your file already says you're depressed/anxious then I'm certain you could angle that into them assigning you someone new. Just come up with some bullshit about how you're not comfortable talking with her.
>>
>walk into handicap center for talk
>So you can speak english at decent level and can use computer , thats all your skills?
>so anon you are almost 25 and you never worked , not even seasonal jobs?
Entire room laughs
>So that will be it, see you in 3 years *chuckle*
What can i do now with fucked up spine? I cant afford any courses or drivers license. Most trade schools offer only shit in construction and i cant lift more than 10 pounds. Im too dumb to work in IT. Also slavbot. What do bots?
>>
>>37701204
I done pay for anything its an employment agency. You pop in, they give you some jobs that need filling, you sign a contract that means about 30% of your earnings goes back to them in exchange for work and a possibility of actually being hired which never happens because they'd have to start paying you an actual wage.
I'd probably have to ask for the boss or something up front all i ever saw was the receptionist then the actual rep came out and we went back to her office.
>>
>>37701409
I don't*

This probably unoriginal.
>>
>>37701247
>>so anon you are almost 25 and you never worked , not even seasonal jobs?

That's the fucking question. What did you do for most of you life? You expect anyone to care if you never showed any aptitude or initiative in anything?
No one wants to hire someone who ha no experience, let alone someone who never left his house for 20 years.
>>
>>37699937

fuck m8, if you can't handle a job appt, what can you handle?
>>
>>37701680
I dropped out of school when I was 15 from bullying and other shit, I spent the past 5 out of 8 years at home.

I don't have much experience with it, don't have friends outside my family, literally hikik level of not going outside the house months at a time over years.

I was happy last year that I finished more school and courses, but past 8 months I've fallen back into the same shit, but it's not like I left it.
>>
>>37699937
>>she sounds mean and I feel upset
Why are you such a fucking pussy? You deserve it, and I'm in your situation as well.
>>
>>37701785
I stayed, I didn't walk out, I could have. She was just telling me I'm a piece of shit for never having a job.
>>
File: 1420767073105.jpg (54KB, 564x518px) Image search: [Google]
1420767073105.jpg
54KB, 564x518px
>>37701761
Sounds like you've lived a tough life anon. I've spent 10 years in a room the size of a shoebox since I dropped out of highschool. Does this ride ever end?
>>
>>37701814
Yes, use that as negative energy as motivation to better yourself and picture yourself in a better light with said job so you have more incentive to get one.
>>
>>37699937
Because someone reminded you how useless you are? Get a fucking spine, loser.
>>
File: Hard Man Hard Job.png (229KB, 559x331px) Image search: [Google]
Hard Man Hard Job.png
229KB, 559x331px
>>37702317
>picking on robots
you people are dogs
>>
>>37702374
do you even know what a robot is, or how the term came to be?

a robot is an unthinking, unfeeling tin man with no emotion.

you, bitch boy, nearly cried when someone pointed out an objective fact about you, that you dont have a license.

you arent a robot, youre a beta bitch.
>>
File: he is so crypto.jpg (364KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
he is so crypto.jpg
364KB, 2000x1000px
>>37702445
unforced error after unforced error that's how you lose the big games cabbagebrains
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.