[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>May all robots be happy >May all robots be healthy >May

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: GlaDv3N.jpg (104KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
GlaDv3N.jpg
104KB, 500x637px
>May all robots be happy
>May all robots be healthy
>May all robots be free from suffering

How goes your day, /r9k/? I bought some pies from the shop after not leaving my property for weeks. Tomorrow I have an x-ray appointment, which I'm a little nervous about, but hopefully it'll help solve my hurt foot.
>>
I'm anxious about my interview anon. Today I'm proud that I exerciced for 2 hours but I want to finally seriously start drawing tomorrow.
>>
>>37698617
That's great news anon! It's always good to hear people taking care of themselves. Best of luck in your interview as well, just take a few deep breaths before going in and you'll do fine.
>>
It's pretty shit right now. I have to give a presentation on a quarter long project and I'm trying to figure out how to hype up the details in the presentation so everyone in class doesn't realize I picked an easy project that only sounds appropriately difficult for the level of the class to get an easy A. I don't know how I'm going to pull it off, I only have 4 fucking slides and it's due tomorrow
>>
>>37698662
That sucks, man. We've all been there. Only thing I can say is that it won't help to try and "brute force" it. If your reach a mental wall, don't keep trying to work on it, take a short break to relax, eat something, etc. and go back when you're ready to look at your project with a fresh perspective.
You still have time. You can pull this off.
>>
>>37698707
I'm honestly not super concerned about the grade I'll get, even if I 0% I should still be walking away with a passing score in the class. I'm worried that if the project itself doesn't sound good enough the entire quarter will be invalidated or some shit and I'll get fucked over and need to retake the class.
>>
>>37698760
If it's really that important, you could look into getting some sort of extension or exemption for your project due to external situations. If you've had it rough this quarter you could possibly get a note from a doctor explaining this, which could qualify you for those things.
>>
>>37698804
I honestly don't think they could invalidate the quarter since my professor looked at my shit and gave me the go ahead with weekly checkups. It's more of an irrational fear and an attempt to save face with my peers who took on harder projects.
>>
>>37698845
Fair enough man. I guess you'll just have to bite the bullet and hope for the best then.
>>
>>37698920
>bite the bullet
I think you mean stay up working on this until 4AM and then giving the presentation too tired to feel the anxiety while remaining just conscious enough to be coherent. This ain't my first rodeo.
>>
>>37698962
Hey, if that's what works for you, there's no need to feel bad about that. Life doesn't have a set of rules; you do what you have to do to look after yourself. Just make sure you seek help and support when you need it in the future.
>>
>>37699015
>Just make sure you seek help and support
That's why I come to /r9k/. I can't trust the people around me to unfuck the anxious wreck that is me. Or rather, I don't want to burden them with my problems.
>>
>>37699242
Man, trust me when I say you are 100% being wayy too hard on yourself. There are people you know who will take the time of day to help you out, even if it's just a sympathetic "that sucks" if you vent your problems to them. I'm sure there's at least one person who springs to mind when you think of someone for support. Don't tell yourself that you don't deserve it; if anything they'll probably feel good you came to them.
>>
>>37698589
I'm not doing well. My teeth were hurting especially bad so I decided to brush them for the first time in 8 years. There was a pool of blood and the pain only got even worse. My teeth are so weak I can't even eat. I've been chewing on one side all year because my teeth on the other side kept breaking when I chewed even though the only side I can chew on is also weak and I'm already missing teeth there. Just tried slowly chewing some salad and even that was too much and another piece of my tooth broke off. First vegetable I've had in several years. There are so many broken areas in my teeth that every time I eat food gets all stuck inside holes and cracks sticking into my gums and causing tons of pain. My wisdom teeth need to be extracted and every single one of my teeth have a cavity or need some kind of special work done or need to be pulled. Every time I see or touch a hard surface I want to smash my skull against it over and over. I keep fantasizing about cutting off my limbs and eating them or playing with them, disemboweling myself or cutting myself in half strapped to a table with a swinging axe and to slosh around my slimy guts with my dirty hands. I want a great white shark to bite my brain in half and I want my limbs to rot in it's stomach like shredded paper. I want my eyeballs to get popped out of my skull from someone squeezing my head until the pressure explodes and for them to push down on them with a brick until they burst. I want to jump off a building and to smash my skull directly into the concrete and for people to jump around and stomp down all over my brain. It feels so good like scratching a nagging itch. I just want someone to take a sledgehammer and slam it down onto my skull as hard as they possibly can. I want a saw to rip through my skull and squish my brains all around. I don't know if it's the pain that's causing this but FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>37699459
>being wayy too hard on yourself
>Don't tell yourself that you don't deserve it
I realize this but I just can't stop it. Throughout my life I've prided myself on being the one who is self-reliant and able to solve their own problems. The people around me have the expectation that I am the one who can be trusted to get the job done. The reputation I've built up over the years would come crashing down if it were to come out that I'm a damaged person who can't even fix themselves. It doesn't feel right to let down those around me and admit weakness, looking to them for help. I may be a fucked person, but somehow I've retained my pride. Most days I think I would rather keep up the act that it's all fine and eventually crash and burn alone instead of admitting defeat.
>>
>>37699478
That sounds truly fucking awful man. I'm legitimately sorry.

I know it's a dumb question but have you seen a dentist? Even if money is tight, there has to be some way you could visit them and get help with the resources you have. It is not at all worth it to keep yourself living in such agony.
>>
>>37699630
Nah I have never been to a doctor or dentist since I was a child. I have no income, no job, can't drive, can't go outside during the day, no health care, no ID and there is no amount of agony that would make me go to the dentist.
>>
>>37699611
I know how you feel. Truly, I do. But I'm here to say that it is not only OK, but actually better for everyone - including the people who look up to you - to admit your vulnerabilities. It's strange how the universe works, but things become so much clearer as soon as you admit them, and you realise just how much unnecessary stress you were putting yourself through.

And of course, this doesn't mean you have to host a party where you come out and say "I'm fucking damaged, everyone!" It takes time. Unlike what Hollywood tells us, opening up is usually a process, not some big, life-changing event. If you don't wanna show all of your problems right away, you don't have to. You can start right where you are with whatever feels best - even just a "I've had a shitty day" to a friend will do more good than you realise.

So yeah, that's pretty much all I wanted to say. You'll come out stronger for it.
>>
>>37699801
I know what you're saying is true, but I just don't know. Maybe after college finishes up I'll try and open up to my friend. If I opened up to my family I would just be assaulted with a constant stream of "are you okay". Even though they mean well that phrase just makes everything worse. Also they, or at least my parents, would probably worry a lot for me and I don't want them to. They're good people and don't deserve to worry about anything.
>>
>>37699929
Well, for what it's worth, I think you're doing a good job and you've got a good heart. You might feel like you're not doing enough but you really fucking are. Keep doing what you're doing whilst also taking care of yourself and things will be fine.
>>
>>37700115
I want to believe you, but this time next week I'll be an unemployed neet living at home trying to convince employers that I'm not a fuckup. There's so much more I could have done by this point in my life.
>>
>>37700222
There's also so much less you could have done, too. Just the fact that you want to make something of yourself means you've got something to give that people will appreciate. A lot of people don't have this.
>>
>>37700306
>want to make something of yourself
I just don't want to be a neet. I've been going with the flow my whole life. I just need to do something so I don't feel like shit.
>got something to give that people will appreciate
I don't know anon, I'm not just not feeling it. I don't really believe in myself so I honestly don't know what I have to offer that someone else wouldn't do just as good or better. I know I should be proud of the things I have done, but I must have have imposters syndrome because I just don't see those things as a product of hard work and aptitude.
>A lot of people don't have this.
And this is why I always feel guilty about bitching my shit to 4chan. What right do I have to complain about shit when there's some homeless meth head living off of government aid while nursing their addiction or a robot who has zero contact with humanity outside of the internet and no life accomplishments at all and considers suicide daily? How dare I have the audacity to fucking complain that I feel empty inside or that I might disappoint someone. I've never even considered becoming an hero, so obviously my problems aren't that bad. People should help those worse off than me, I don't know how you guys haven't just told me to fuck off with my non-problems and to go be with the normies.

I know this all probably sounds like a drunken ramble but I am completely sober, just a little tired if anything. Maybe that's been the problem this whole time and I should just start drinking or smoking my problems away so I'm not taking away bandwidth from the people who really need help.

I'm so sorry, it's late and I'm just venting. You're just trying to help and you shouldn't be treated this way.
>>
>>37700715
>I just don't want to be a neet. I've been going with the flow my whole life. I just need to do something so I don't feel like shit.
Dude, like, 95% of that isn't your fault. Life today is fucking rough, it's really hard to know what it is you're supposed to be doing and how to do it. You're not alone in thinking like this. I feel like this all the damn time. Don't blame yourself for a shitty situation you didn't put yourself in.

>What right do I have to complain about shit when there's some homeless meth head living off of government aid while nursing their addiction or a robot who has zero contact with humanity outside of the internet and no life accomplishments at all and considers suicide daily?
Life isn't a suffering competition dude. Everyone is allowed to feel shitty about their problems, that's literally what defines us as humans. Just because there's people addicted to drugs or women forced into prostitution out there, that doesn't mean your own suffering isn't worth being addressed. In fact, the more people look after themselves, the better they are at looking after others. That's a fact that I feel is really missing in society.

Other than that, I don't know what to say dude. The world is cruel, but don't for one second let yourself believe you caused it to be this way. I truly believe a person's character is far more important that their material possessions or security or beliefs or whatever else, and you strike me as someone of a very good character.

So yeah dude, it's okay, I mean that. You're allowed to feel like shit. You're allowed to want help from other people. You're allowed to be concerned about yourself.
>>
>>37699478
Salt water can be used as a good mouthwash. Combined with flossing and some gentle brushing is all you need.

Feels good not to be smearing fluoride all over my gums and rotting my brain. Best decision ever.
>>
>>37700892
>you strike me as someone of a very good character
Thank you anon. I don't really know if it helped, but I think I needed to hear that. I try to stay positive. I try to be a good person. I try to volunteer and help out a local youth organization, but due to my schedule and personal obligations (college, work, etc) I just haven't been able to do much with them. It just seems like no matter what I do it is never enough.

>So yeah dude, it's okay, I mean that. You're allowed to feel like shit. You're allowed to want help from other people. You're allowed to be concerned about yourself.
I appreciate you saying this, but I honestly don't think I'll truly believe it unless I hear it from someone who actually knows me. That little rational voice in the back of my head just keeps reminding me that you don't really know me. I mean no offense, I just think I need permission from someone who's been with me for some time.
>>
Original bump. Try to have a good day as you go about your business fellow robots
>>
>>37700975
Huh, never thought about using salt water for a mouth wash. I'll have to try that.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.