[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how's your writings coming along anon? Be it >poetry

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1495412743066.jpg (319KB, 640x548px) Image search: [Google]
1495412743066.jpg
319KB, 640x548px
So how's your writings coming along anon? Be it

>poetry
>short stories
>novels
>manifesto
>stand up comedy
>>
>>37696933
Pretty good. Thanks for asking. How are yours, and what are they usually about?
>>
>>37696973
I haven't even really started. I've been tempted to give stand up comedy a crack but only have a few half baked ideas that aren't even really that funny.

What do you write?
>>
I'm working on writing a sitcom, I don't know if it's any good, would any anons mind reading it and giving me some feedback? all I have so far is a few pages of dialogue
>>
Writing a fantasy.
Lots of brutal killing and raping.
>>
File: 1473923447147.png (219KB, 304x334px) Image search: [Google]
1473923447147.png
219KB, 304x334px
>>37696933
It's not bad. Just wrote a new rap song.
>>
>>37697043
I tend to write out my thoughts primarily in a journal. My writings are kind of a stockpile of half-assed attempts to explore the meaning of my life and how to better explain my feelings/thought process.
You should just try to start already. It will help you improve.
>>37697130
post m8
>>
File: 47 oil up.jpg (38KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
47 oil up.jpg
38KB, 600x891px
>>37697205
i'd like to hear more

jdksjksdoriginal
>>
File: 1497287946093.jpg (86KB, 564x410px) Image search: [Google]
1497287946093.jpg
86KB, 564x410px
I decided to make my own fapfiction but that had inspired me to go on crested an actual serious fantasy sorry for myself with slight fetish stuff because I'm the only one reading it so why not?
>>
>>37697255
>You should just try to start already

Fuck it, will do. Cheers anon.
>>
>>37697255
format is kinda weird at some parts, never done this before but I tried to give some context since I'm writing this episode out of order. Posting the doc since pastebin won't keep some of my formatting-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DGPgYrqCEz2VrIi1nblzHryYDYzTHHTeyKm2G42fn4s/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>37697255
>I tend to write out my thoughts primarily in a journal. My writings are kind of a stockpile of half-assed attempts to explore the meaning of my life and how to better explain my feelings/thought process.

Same, and I'm finally starting to see it pay off in terms of finding my voice and producing stuff that isn't totally terrible. Also, it's starting to hit me that a lot of the writers I enjoy pretty much just did that--which is why I've been reading a lot of Bukowski and HST lately.
>>
I'm a freelance writer and mainly cover issues pertaining to political appointments and ongoing litigation.

I'd really like to try writing something for fun, but I'm not sure where to start.

One of the stories I began writing some time ago is about a doctor who suffers a fatal heart attack. He's raised out of a trauma room, judged by St. Peter, and sent to Hell, where, after some time, he's eventually raised to Purgatory.

(for what it's worth, I'm not even remotely religious, and the Hell in my story resembles more of a dilapidated city than eternal torment)

I'm also trying to write either a dramatization of my travels in India. I'm really self-conscious about it, though. I've lived in India and spent nearly two years there, but I don't want to be another white guy putting together a book about the same old shit.

Going back to South Asia in another few months with the aim to attend some conferences and learn about the ongoing Naxal conflict in the eastern states. I want to write about that, as well as compile a historical narrative of the Soviet government's deportation of Ahiska Turks from around the Black Sea.

Basically, lots of ideas which haven't gone anywhere.
>>
>>37697444
For better or worse kinda reminds me of Always Sunny

good luck anon
>>
Poetry comes to me more naturally than prose, but I really want to try writing a story. I always end up revising until I cut an entire page into a few lines, though, if I can manage that.
>>
>>37697365
Great to hear mate. Just try reading what you've written after a month, and you might have no idea what your original intentions were if you are anything like me. Theres a saying that I learned from my dad that goes "The best time to have planted a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is now."
>>37697444
The writing is very clear and fits closely when referring to the list of traits and characters. The stage notes are actually pretty good, and I got a good few chuckles too. Keep it going anon.
>>
>>37697444
>>37697613
>>37697693
Thanks lads
Would appreciate more criticism from anyone willing to give it a read
>>
>>37696933
It was going well, managed to write out a nice story line for my game, but I am dissatisfied. I threw it away and only plan to keep a few elements. The issue is I want to use a dream/subconscious setting, I want people to suffer the way I did my entire life through this medium. I want them to play this game, become attached to the world, then at the last second I am going to rip it all away one way or another. But ultimately, the player's decision is meaningless.

The best possible "solution" is to die therefore kicking the can down the road until the next cycle, at the cost of literally putting reality on hold. The other two endings are canon, one of which the player lets the cycle continue and everyone dies or they ultimately rebel against reality itself, this causes a lot of issues also killing en masses.

The issue I am having is I don't know how I feel about the whole Idea. I enjoy it for a day then my mind fucks off to something else. I just want suffering in a fantasy world of some sort really.
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to paste non ascii text fuck this shit
>>
>>37696933
Been writing on and off again for about 8+ years. None if it ever went anywhere outside a few greentext stories. Idk after seeing this thread, I might pick it back up again.
>>
>>37696933
I started writing a novel series about two months ago, but my writing is terrible to be honest. Although I'm getting writer's block, I'm trying to come up with new ideas in order to progress my story.
>>
>Tfw had a great idea for a hentai anime storyline
>Not an artist, planned to release it as episodic fiction, one chapter as one "episode"
>Planned out all the character arcs, the plots and subplots, all the different scenes, even drew up a carefully labeled map of the main setting
>tfw realized too late that the whole premise is based on the characters being 16-19 years old and that woukd be considered borderline pedophilia by most white devils
>tfw not a jap who can get away with ephebiphilia stories
>>
>>37698104
serves you right for being a pedophile and a weeb
>>
I get embarrassed about it but I like writing tiny little snippets about made up people. Just highly detailed looks into the lives of made up people.

My very first one (not good imo) went sort of like this, "and then I went to the corner store and bought beer from a man who was too busy deciding whether or not he should buy a lotto for his gf to care about me being underage. Regardless, he knew he would probably get in a fight, then drink while watching TV too late so he can fall asleep easily to wake up too early to do it again. He probably would have killed himself if he wasnt so tired all the time. But what do i care, he's taking too long to scan the pack. If he did die he'd be replaced by a happier faster person, but one who would card me. So I guess it's a small pain to endure".
>>
What the fuck do I do if my friend is super excited to have published his first book, but it's shit? I'm not even exaggerating, it is godawful, fanfic tier shit. Apparently he has a legitimate publisher but I don't understand how any editor would allow this to be the way it is.
>>
File: man selling fruits near rubble.jpg (272KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
man selling fruits near rubble.jpg
272KB, 900x600px
>thinking of writing a novel
>don't know what to write about other than metaphors of background pieces from life
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.