[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone have any experience with the French foreign legion?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8427.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8427.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
anyone have any experience with the French foreign legion?

I'm pretty /fit/ but I can't run very well, but I can do like 10-20 pull ups, and my record is clean.

Is it really as hard as they advertise, or is it just a scare tactic?
>>
>>37694554
>but I can't run very well

You better start fucking running then, because you're going to be doing a lot of it.

>Is it really as hard as they advertise, or is it just a scare tactic?

Dude, it sounds like you're not ready for this at all. Go have a long think about it and train up before you knock on the gates, most people aren't offered a second chance.
>>
they want real professional soldiers not just some dude who can do pull-ups

join your own country's military and then try to join the legion
>>
File: IMG_8293.jpg (11KB, 514x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8293.jpg
11KB, 514x328px
>>37694771
I mean I could probably make the 12 minute time for the 1.7 mile run, and I could probably do the marching. Its just Ive always had problems with long distance running, due to me always being short of breath and getting tired easily (hereditary). I'm a good shot though and I think I'd be a good soldier.
>>
>>37694867
If you have problems with long distance running the Legion isn't for you. You're only going to be fucking yourself and your buddies who are going to be getting shit for your failure to run.

Train more, you have until you're 39. If you have no experience with military I wouldn't go through the Legion first. Join the army of your home nation for a few years.
>>
File: IMG_8340.jpg (131KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8340.jpg
131KB, 1024x1024px
>>37694904
Fuck man, I thought it would be an easier force to join, since it seems the legion is used as canon fodder anyways. I mean I'm just a bored dude looking for action. Do you have any other foreign military recommendations? That see Action?
>>
>>37694980
It's incredibly tough to get in and it's a grueling experience. If you're bored looking for action go with your country's military and get some experience, there isn't anything quite like the FFL, but I hear there are a few militaries that accept people who are qualified with in-demand skills.

Where are you from exactly?
>>
>>37695014
USA, I feel like I was born to be a soldier. Like if I was born I'm the WW2, era I would've fought with the brits in Africa. I can shoot really well, so I was thinking like light machine gunner/rifleman/sniper.
>>
>>37695066
Just go with the Army and shoot for Ranger School or something. You have more chance getting into Army Rangers than you would with FFL.
>>
>>37694980
>>37695066
>I feel like I was born to be a soldier
>complains about the Legion being used as canon fodder

also checked
>>
>>37694554
You get sent to wars to die as cannon fodder. If you don't die, you'll lose a few limbs. If you still have all body parts intact, the only thing you'll get is a french citizenship at the end. If you're not from a third world country wanting to escape poverty, there's no reason to join
>>
>>37695097
That just made me depressed as shit, because I know that's one of the few fighting forces that actually get to see action. The whole reason I want to join is frontline combat, like to be in the shit, not to sit around on a base in the middle of nowhere. But I was thinking marines before the FFL.
>>
>>37694554
They used to call it the Cavalry on Foot because they'd do ridiculous distances per day. You tell me about it.
>>
>>37695113
I meant I thought the legion was basically for anyone looking for action, and not this elite force that only take the top 1% of recruits. I mean why can't there just be a military for people that just want to fucking shoot shit? You know?
>>
>>37695133
What are you talking about? Rangers are usually the first ones in behind special forces including the 75th.

The world isn't frontline combat anymore.

>thinking Marines before FFL

I have no idea why you're all over the map, but take my advice, join the US Army, see if you like it and advance into Rangers if you're capable. Spend some time there and try out for FFL later.
>>
>>37695179
What's wrong with the marines?
>>
>>37695223
Nothing, I thought you were looking for a tougher experience considering your first option was FFL. Rangers are better trained and more professional than the USMC.

t. worked and trained with Marines on multiple occasions
>>
>>37695247
Oh ok, i mean I'm not necessarily looking for tougher, just more action. But if it takes tough to see action I'll think about the Army.
>>
>>37695341
If you wanted action try being born 50 years ago.
>>
File: IMG_8326.jpg (466KB, 2480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8326.jpg
466KB, 2480x1754px
>>37695350
Whats my purpose in life? If I have no purpose what the hell am I supposed to do.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (5KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
5KB, 320x180px
>>37695570
nofin
>>
File: IMG_7779.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7779.gif
2MB, 696x478px
>>37695661
There needs to be like a worldwide society for outcasts and people who just can not take this stupid system of killing ourselves for meaningless things
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.