[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots, I heavily recommend that you try regular meditation,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: med.png (517KB, 501x463px) Image search: [Google]
med.png
517KB, 501x463px
Robots, I heavily recommend that you try regular meditation, every day for at least 30 minutes.

Your mental health and quality of life will improve over time.

It may not give you answers to your biggest problems but it makes solving them a lot easier and more comfortable.
>>
>>37691071
this .
also try yoga (real one , not meme one)
>>
Seconded. I meditate as much as seven times a day, sometimes using a prop like a book or even the end of a hairbrush.
>>
>>37691071
How can I learn for free? TM centers in my city are too expensive.
>>
>>37691244
where are you from?
in my city i found a yoga and meditation center for something like 1 dollar in USA money.
>>
>>37691244
Learn how to meditate?
It's not very hard, just set some time aside in a quiet place to do absolutely nothing but focus on your breathing.

I found it really helpful to use audio of "guided meditation" at first, where someone will talk you through meditation. After you get the hang of it though it's no big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHoXAn0H0b0
This one takes some patience but it really helps you be aware of your body and breathing.
It's going to seem hippy as fuck but just go with it.
>>
File: shotgun.png (595KB, 760x627px) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.png
595KB, 760x627px
>>37691353
NYC

>>37691390
>do absolutely nothing but focus on your breathing.

Do I set an alarm?
>>
My back hurts after 8 minutes what do?
>>
>>37691546
Keep your back straight. Put a book under your ass when doing the meditation pose.
>>
>>37691512
You can if you want, just make it subtle.
>>37691546
Yeah I'd recommend using a cushion and looking up proper meditation pose/posture.
>>
>>37691071
Meditation will make you go insane unless you submit your soul to Satan.
>>
>>37691071

I tried OP. I'm so depressed I can't even meditate anymore.

I'm tired of escapism, I just wish I could live without having to constantly squash my subconscious
>>
>>37692324
But it's the exact opposite of escapism.

It's about learning how to do do anything BUT escape, and live comfortably and happily with what life truly is.
>>
File: abstract_pepe.jpg (6KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
abstract_pepe.jpg
6KB, 400x300px
>>37691071
How is meditation gonna help me? That just puts me in a spot where I have nothing but my thoughts.
The only reason I didn't already break down is because I constantly listen to music to drown out my thoughts.
>>
Um I think for beginners it should be max 15min. And then slowly you can increase the time. I personally do meditate but sometimes I adopt different method i.e chanting the Mantras (I'm brown so I know effective mantras :3). For non brown peeps just focus on breathing. It's effective too.
>>
>>37693643
That's the whole point meditation will always make you remember your past and all the thoughts and that's why you need to focus on your breathing everytime you start to think about those thoughts. That's how your brain learns how to control your thoughts. i suggest you to watch this video https://youtu.be/wirV265ZYSw he explained it very beautiful. It's worth every second you watch. Hope this helps you :)
>>
>>37693643
meditation can be thought of us cleaning the mind.

Just like the hygiene of the body is important, the hygiene of the mind is very important.

The point of meditation, and why it takes practice, is to be in a state where you are completely free of thought, and are left to focus on the sensation of your surroundings rather than your interpretation of them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.