[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw there's nothing fundamentally wrong with you but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1423970436974.jpg (16KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
1423970436974.jpg
16KB, 400x449px
>tfw there's nothing fundamentally wrong with you but you still can't get anything at all going in life

spent the past year trying to get a job and failed miserably. mid 20s' khv living in my mom's basement despite applying to at least one job every day since I graduated. Everyone has been telling me that I'm a smart good person with applicable experience, and I'll get a job soon for the past year yet nobody has actually offered me any meaningful help or advice even when I've asked.

I'm now competing with the graduating class of 2017 instead of 2016. I'm becoming less and less employable by the day and still nobody will even interview me. I've only gotten 3 interviews in the past year, all for jobs that pay less than unskilled day labor, just as a way to get my foot in the door.

I mean seriously, how do people say the job market is improving? I just don't see it. Maybe it's easier if you have more experience but I only have one year of professional experience in my field and most jobs want 2-3. And of course I can't get experience because nobody will hire me.
>>
Have you talked to your college's career office?
>>
>>37689392

Well, what's your major, OP?
Did you have job/internship experience in College
>>
>>37689624
Yes, nothing really productive. Mock interviews, reviewing my resume, ect. I also tried worksource and it's the same services, nobody connecting me with positions, no actually helpful advice. Just false consciousness building exercises.

>>37689658
I have a graduate degree. I had two professional internships working in state/local governments and it hasn't done me any good. They say I'm a competitive applicant when I apply for jobs where I used to work but they don't even call me for an interview. I wish they would just tell me to fuck off if they don't want me, it would hurt less in the end than them stringing me along like they might entertain the idea of hiring me.
>>
>>37689798
>stringing me along
I want to fucking murder any potential employer who does
>>
don't bother getting a white collar job if your not a woman or really handsome

there is alot of politics and bullshit that go around in the academic/corporate world. you don't want to get involved with that.
your best bet is to learn something like programming or interface design, maybe unity
>>
File: 67ufkKG5.jpg (163KB, 704x1280px) Image search: [Google]
67ufkKG5.jpg
163KB, 704x1280px
>>37689392
If you don't have contacts, you have no chance

About 4% of all jobs available are filled via traditional application processes, usually new stores opening and things like that. It's who you know, not what, the generation above you is teaching you skills for employability that went out of date the day Facebook was invented.

There is software that scans your Resume for key words and unless you hit a specific percentage you're binned before a human even sees it.

I'm telling you this as a man who's in the same position as you, but I've accepted it. It's a rigged system, and you failed the moment you realised you fit in on /r9k/

You can't get a job because society doesn't want your ass. I work for the NHS in England because my mother works there and she basically shovelled me into a position literally just carting peoples shit around all day for 15k a year, which is as low as wages get for an adult.

My life is miserable, but at least I've accepted it and use my pitiful pay to entertain my hobbies like painting, volunteering to help the elderly learn IT and campaigning for environmental protection.

Beg your parents anon, it's the only way.
>>
>>37690653
>You can't get a job because society doesn't want your ass

what you mean by that?
skills + willpower = job. what more do you need?
>>
>>37690892
someone not mentally ill because they don't want to deal with that shit
>>
>>37690911
there is nothing to deal with. you punch in at 8am do your job like a good goy and punch out.
where does mental illness comes in play?
>>
>>37690653
Lol I'm in the same situation and agree 100%. I try to stay positive with videogames and drinking every once in a while.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.