[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eyo, wageslave here. Only, I sit hundreds of feet in the air

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 120.jpg (22KB, 360x238px) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
22KB, 360x238px
Eyo, wageslave here.

Only, I sit hundreds of feet in the air in a box for 12-16 hours a day, literally pissing into jugs and playing on my phone.

I don't know why robots don't do this more often, it's robot heaven.
>>
what do you do when your phone runs out of battery? what utilities do you have in that box?
>>
>>37687689
>what do you do when your phone runs out of battery?
Crane has electricity and an outlet for a charger.

>What utilities do you have in that box?
CB radio, GPS, camera monitors and the like for work.
Have a Mini-fridge, small A/C unit, AM/FM radio, and a small locker for snacks and clothes.
There's also a Home Depot bucket and a few rolls of TP. I try not to think about it.
>>
I'd literally shit my pants everytime I look out of the window. I'm afraid of heights.
>>
>>37687848
Wait until you get some 15-20mph winds, that thing rocks. Ironically its one of the safest places to be.
>>
What's your salary like?

Orogihano
>>
>>37687868
I would die on spot holy fuck.
>>
>>37687170
How do you have so much time to slack off all day? Shouldn't you be picking things up and putting them down?
Also, how does it feel knowing that some people climb tower cranes for fun?
Is your radio actually a CB radio? Do you ever talk to truckers when you get bored?
>>
>>37687771
Sounds comfy as fuck anon
>>
>>37687887
I'm hourly. Right now I'm 38.55/hr with OT after 8/day and 40/week. I probably only do "work" about 25% of the day.
>>
File: 1492826118530.jpg (165KB, 490x403px) Image search: [Google]
1492826118530.jpg
165KB, 490x403px
>>37687868
>Ironically its one of the safest places to be.
Wageslave here. I'm occasionally operating cranes too, smaller ones with RC mostly though.
Responsibility is off-putting. You carry loads of several tons over the haeds of living fuckers. you'd better be careful.
I once got hit by a framework wall element, Chains were poorly fixed to it, so it fell off. the Crane operator felt worse than me though, he was shivering all over
>>
>>37687965
>How do you have so much time to slack off all day?
Lot of little nuanced safety regulation. Can't carry stuff if there are X number of people running around the area. Can't carry stuff above X MPH winds. Can't operate if X type of machinery is also operating. A lot of the time it's "can't operate when the delivery item is late".

>Shouldn't you be picking things up and putting them down?
Yeah, but you can do that with one hand. All the work is in getting it off the ground and setting it down (safety). Rest of the time you're just slowly pulling it into the sky and moving it around.

>Is your radio actually a CB radio?
Yes. Worksite has a specified channel.
>Do you ever talk to truckers when you get bored?
Not really. Most of the time I have it on the site's channel in case the ground guy needs to talk to me.
>>
>>37687170
12-16 hours a day though? you are a literal slave
>>
Where is this? US?
>>
>>37688164
US, downtown west coast
>>
>>37687986
whats the best way to get into this? college program? I was looking into gettin electrical licenses but this looks comfy
>>
File: 1472511425403.jpg (26KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
1472511425403.jpg
26KB, 500x485px
I had to guard the officially longest serving crane operator in the UK.

He loved his job and made it sound incredibly comfy.
>>
What kind qualifications do you need for a job like this?
>>
how do you even get a job like that, its so unique
>>
>>37687170

Fuck that, is be worried about screwing up and killing someone.

I used to work in a warehouse. I was using a forklift to move a pallet of conference table tops through the warehouse, I had the forks raised really high to get past some boxes. I hit the brakes too hard and all the conference table tops slid off the pallet and fell to the ground and almost landed on some guy. A few feet closer and he'd have been dead.

Another time I was getting a pallet off a rack and the forks got stuck in the rack, I put it in reverse and accidentally pulled the whole fucking rack down. If anybody has been standing there they'd have been killed.
>>
>>37687868
Oh shit mate, I know that fucking feel.
>Have special fedora overhead power line that crosses bridge and is about 80' tall
>Can't get the bucket up there
>While I climb up this fucking pole the wind picks up to about 30mph
>Start getting nauseous from pole seating
I fucking fixed those insulators and ran my ass down that pole faster than most of my crew have ever seen.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.