[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>during a near death experience or natural death, the brain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0060.png (6KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0060.png
6KB, 669x514px
>during a near death experience or natural death, the brain releases dmt
>"psychedelic" compounds potentiate beliefs held beforehand
>dmt is said to feel as if your conscious being is transferred to an alternate "plane" of existence
>christians commonly claim having witnessed heaven if they live to tell the story

Does reinforcing our individual beliefs affect our next state of being?
>>
File: 628y9crf.jpg (10KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
628y9crf.jpg
10KB, 240x232px
so if i despise myself and think of hell as a possibility, im definitely gonna end up in there? thats not fair!
>>
>>37686998
Yeah, but at least you think it's not fair, so if you think that unfair things shouldn't happen, then you'll be fine.
>>
>>37686998
No, your brain will judge you and will decide what you're going to hallucinate to forget that you're dying. (the judgment is made between good and evil things you've done lmao XD)
>>
>>37686934
>dmt
>retarded scientists flailing to come up silly excuses and proofs against the true ascension of the soul
Are they incapable of being happy? Is something only true to them if it makes people miserable?
>>
>>37687037
yahoo
that sounds a lot better
>>
Do you think the DMT trip is the afterlife or do you think it's just a necessity for our physical bodies to transition to the next plain?

There is no evolutionary reason to get a nice trip after death so I'm leaning on the latter.
>>
You interpret experiences with whatever language and concepts you have to make sense of them. So, if a Christian has a near death experience and goes to some crazy place and feel like they've gone to another dimension, they're going to come back from that and say "Oh, that was heaven. Those things I saw were angels/souls/etc." Somebody else could have the same experience but because they don't believe in the same things interpret it totally differently. It doesn't mean the experience changes necessarily.
>>
>>37686934
>>37686998
>>37687037
>>37687058
>>37687073
>>37687116
it's an urban myth you retarded niggers
there is no DMT release at death, birth, lucid dreaming, any of that bullshit. The DMT in your brain is in microscopic amounts
>>
>>37687116
I dont think you understand how evolution works. Go back to 9th grade biology and try again
>>
>>37687286
>it's an urban myth
>The DMT in your brain is in microscopic amounts
It is or not ??!
>>
>>37687338
you really are stupid
there is DMT in cerebrospinal fluid, that much is public knowledge
but there is no burst of it when you die.
>>
That's why I meditate. Not only because I feel better but also because eventually you get to a point you manage to be able to do this kind of thing at will.

You know about "ecstatic religions"? They're religious cults that through advanced meditation practices they manage to hack their way into gaining conscious control over the dopamine tap, among many other substances your brain can secrete.

And then they stay all day with a heroin tier high with no downsides.
>>
>>37687338
You do realize that the DMT experience only requires microscopic amounts, right?
>>
>>37687286
>it's a myth
>but it does exist
Then it's not a myth, genius.
>>
>>37687399
if by microscopic you mean 10 milligrams or more
and by the way there's nowhere fucking NEAR that much dmt in the entire human body
>>
>>37687422
I know you're pretending to be retarded for yous but see >>37687353
>>
>>37687308
Enlighten me then, Mr. '''''''''Smart''''''''' Ass.
>>
>>37687423
Incorrect, even the tiniest amount of DMT at least minorly affects your perception for a short time, mixed with the other massive influx of chemicals released during death - it results in an extremely hallucinatory experience as every part of the cocktail potentiates and strengthens every other part; do your research you fucking turd
>>
>>37687488
>Incorrect, even the tiniest amount of DMT at least minorly affects your perception for a short time
not true
> mixed with the other massive influx of chemicals released during death - it results in an extremely hallucinatory experience as every part of the cocktail potentiates and strengthens every other part; do your research you fucking turd
you just made all of that up
fuck off
>>
>>37687517
>everything I don't understand is made up
>>
>>37687517
I'd point you in the direction of sources but they're all extremely long lectures I'm certain you don't have the capacity or the attention span to bother with
>>
>>37687573
ah jeez... you really showed me... I'll shut up next time
>>
File: 1427660737657.png (385KB, 892x703px) Image search: [Google]
1427660737657.png
385KB, 892x703px
>>37687573
>I'd point you in the direction of sources but I don't have any because I'm spouting pseudoscientific new age bullshit lol
ftfy
>>
>>37687488
>Incorrect, even the tiniest amount of DMT at least minorly affects your perception for a short time
confirmed for never tried smoking dmt before
>>
>>37687286
In ancient egypt their version of priests used to sit in a completly dark room for 30 days, after which DMT would start being released in larger amounts and they would have visions and means of communicating with a higher plane.

so ive heard

One of the first things humans developed was shamanism and they all used the same shit to contact the dead, their ancestors, their gods and higher beings.
They would consume psychidelics, mostly containing DMT.
>>
>>37687673
that's total bullshit though. You will definitely start seeing shit after spending a month in sensory deprivation but not because of more DMT in the brain.
The only psychedelics used traditionally that contain DMT is ayahuasca. There's bufotenine and magic mushrooms, which are somewhat chemically similar, but all of these and/or their traditional use in shamanistic practices are limited to the Americas; hardly "all" cultures.

This is stuff you can verify with very basic research anon. stop spreading bullshit
>>
>>37687653
Try again bud, I've been a psychonaut since before you were born and sometimes shit's in short supply and one tiny hit does at least something and that can be good enough when times are tough
>>
>>37687731
>Try again bud, I've been a psychonaut since before you were born
this is a really good way to get me to take you seriously lol

you're still missing the point completely you brainddead nigger. Stop frying your head with drugs. Let me spell it out for you:
The amount of DMT present naturally in the brain is ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE away from ANYTHING CLOSE to what could provoke a religious experience or psychedelic response.
>>
>>37687754
>you're still missing the point completely you brainddead nigger.
this is a really good way to get me to take you seriously lol
>>
File: 1497292372585.jpg (67KB, 750x438px) Image search: [Google]
1497292372585.jpg
67KB, 750x438px
>>37687286
If it's not DMT then, whats causing these hallucinations in NDE? is it just the brain shitting itself?
>>
>>37687835
>is it just the brain shitting itself?
who knows, oxygen deprivation and eventual resulting cell death alone could probably do it, but of course there's lots more going on than just that during an NDE. take your pick.
>>
I have a heart condition that causes me to go into ventricular fibrillation for 1-2 minutes where essentially my heart fails to pump blood and I lose consciousness before the defribilator in my chest shocks me back and I have experienced these near death states about 30 times the past 8 years.

No I don't feel fucking transcended afterwards and no there are no green pastures and blue skies. Just a complete darkness.
>>
If there is one thing I have learnt in my 21 years it's that Joe Rogan is always right.
>>
File: 1492401334924.jpg (716KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492401334924.jpg
716KB, 1000x800px
>>37687073
>true ascension of the soul

Reminder that if you don't have empirical evidence then you're just another deceiver.
>>
>>37686934
near death experiences almost always follow the same pattern which doesn't match up with hallucinations which are typically random.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.