[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help please i met an autistic guy on a discord server and he's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: 1496760309173.png (579KB, 808x798px) Image search: [Google]
1496760309173.png
579KB, 808x798px
help please
i met an autistic guy on a discord server and he's the cutest and awesome person i've met.
we've spoken for the last 3 days on and off and he told me he's confirmed autism (although you would hardly notice it) we're both very socially recluse people and mainly stick to ourselves.
i'm not autistic but i have a lot of socially anxiety and i hate doing any "normie" things, not to mention i have a hard time judging peoples feelings/thoughts.

i really want to talk to him more but it's difficult sometimes because he goes quiet on me and gives me 1 word replies (could that mean he's not interested in talking to me?) even though over voice we have no problem keeping a convo going. what's the best way to approach someone like this? should i keep trying to talk to him? should i wait until he feels like talking? i guess i'm asking here because he seems somewhat like a robot.
>>
gtf0 normie shit why are you talking to people
>>
File: 1497273972076.jpg (20KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497273972076.jpg
20KB, 704x400px
>>37685187

He's lucky then,

>tfw no savior

Try and do things he likes with him like games or watch anime, he probably will distrust your intent at first but keep trying.
>>
>>37685233
okay thanks, i'm trying
we played some games together last night and it was really nice
he's so quiet and shy but when he was really getting into the game it was great

it's really hard for me as well having a bunch of social problems
i just don't want to overwhelm him because i know sometimes i can feel that way
>>
File: Screenshot_30.png (523KB, 477x642px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_30.png
523KB, 477x642px
>>37685187
be my gf imo(in my opinion)
>>
>>37685187
please be in london

>>
>>37685187
>i have a hard time judging peoples feelings/thoughts
Just so you know, this is literally the primary symptom of autism.
>>
i wish i had a qt autistic bf
>>
File: melt.jpg (215KB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
melt.jpg
215KB, 900x1080px
>mfw some autistic guy can attract a female almost without trying
>mfw I do literally everything I can to look and be my best
>mfw I work out, take care of myself, make good money, and step out of my box to talk to people and girls
>mfw I thought I was making progress
>mfw I thought I was doing better than "those autistic on r9k who doubted me"
>mfw I truly believed that one day a girl would like me for me if I just worked hard enough and was genuinely kind to everyone I met
>mfw people with disabilities have females chasing them
>mfw I just realized that life is just the result of a cruel genetic lottery, where if you're ugly you might as well kys
>>
>>37685187
>over voice
Ok good this isn't about me.
>>
File: 1496290860093.gif (842KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
1496290860093.gif
842KB, 350x260px
>tfw no qt gf to save you from yourself
>>
kill me. please i dont want to live please kill me
>>
File: tumblr_omahumxF6y1vhtegpo1_500.gif (499KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omahumxF6y1vhtegpo1_500.gif
499KB, 500x514px
>>37685533
australia, sorry
>>37685550
i know.
i never had trouble learning, i was always top of all my classes etc.. i just was a social retard.
>>37685579
ahh i'm sorry anon, the reason i'm so attracted to him is because he's very shy and quiet like me. i have no doubt you will eventually be able to find a girl who will love you for all your efforts
>>
>>37685187
as a confirmed autist myself, I sometimes give one-word replies if I don't really want to talk, sometimes I do it because I don't know how to continue a conversation
often when I'm asked a question Ill respond in a single word if possible unless I'm aware of how autistic I'm being in that conversation

I'd say keep talking to him because that's what I would want

good luck OP, very jealous of your guy
>>
>>37685187
What discord server? And how did you meet him from the sea of guys on that server anyway?
>>
>>37685638
you are a glitch in the matrix because you need to go for the bad boy chad and become a single mothers like all the other girls.
>>
File: flick2.jpg (421KB, 555x675px) Image search: [Google]
flick2.jpg
421KB, 555x675px
>>37685638
>he's very shy and quiet like me
This was my exact personality for almost 20 years. I would read books and play vidya all the time. People told me that if I kept acting like a social retard who doesn't talk to anyone, then you'll never make friends and find a gf. That's when I started "fixing" myself.

>i have no doubt you will eventually be able to find a girl who will love you for all your efforts
Thank you. I have plans to kill myself if I'm lonely by age 30 so I hope you're right :)
>>
File: sylvy_by_fable_amare-db5cpnz.png (39KB, 214x193px) Image search: [Google]
sylvy_by_fable_amare-db5cpnz.png
39KB, 214x193px
>>37685680
gaming discord and he was just very different compared to everyone else in there
he was the one posting memes, talking about autism not caring when people talked about their irl, i thought it was really cute so i just noticed him
>>37685698
that was really unfair for people to say that to you, we all deserve to do what makes us happy and if playing video games and reading books made you happy then maybe you could of found a quiet girlfriend to read books together
you can do it don't worry!
>>
>>37685567
I'm autistic i don't happen to be cute though
>>
>>37685187
>>37685330
>we're both autistic social retards

Stop the relationship because it wont work out since you're both too similar in regards to communicating. You have to Ying each other's Yang. he's quiet and responds with one word? Then you should fill the opposite end of that and be the one who initiates activities.

Gonna assume you both prefer to be a sub than a dom. That shit doesn't work out. Two subs aren't going to satisfy each other and the same goes for two people who can't speak to each other due to their similar personalities.

If you want this guy then it's time to adopt dominant characteristics. He gives one word answers? Ask more abrupt questions that can't be answered with yes/no.
>>
>>37685735
>that was really unfair for people to say that to you, we all deserve to do what makes us happy and if playing video games and reading books made you happy then maybe you could of found a quiet girlfriend to read books together
>you can do it don't worry!
Lol you're such a nice person. Wish more people like you were out there. Thanks for the kind words friend :)

>>37685753
>i don't happen to be cute though
Me too bud, me too.
>>
>>37685735
Did you send nudes to him yet?
>daily reminder everyone in a discord server is a normie and if he was truly autistic he would prefer solitude
>>
>>37685762
that's going to be really difficult for me.. i'm not a very dominant person, i'm quiet and i like pleasing my partner. i have no issues replying to questions and conversation with more than yes/no but sometimes he will just use an emoji and i'm not sure how to go from there.
i've never been attracted to loud dominating people emotionally.
>>37685777
you're welcome!
>>37685788
no. we have known each other for 3-4 days, i don't send nudes ever. i don't know why this is even a question
>>
>>37685838
>yes/no but sometimes he will just use an emoji and i'm not sure how to go from there.
Dude just end it. Conversation is only going to go downhill. Find a robot who isn't a LITERAL AUTIST. You are not the right fit for this person.
>>
>>37685838
are you a girl? and also what avatar did he have? if you dont want to post the exact avatar just tell me what type
>>
>>37685753
i bet you're qt just low esteem maybe
>>
File: 8NRr1ML.jpg (185KB, 640x553px) Image search: [Google]
8NRr1ML.jpg
185KB, 640x553px
>>37685861
i don't see why i couldn't give it a chance, i really like his attitude and he's really funny.
>>37685888
yes and it's a gaming avatar
>>
>>37685838
>never been attracted to loud dominating people

Don't worry about being a big, loud alpha male, just focus on being the leader in conversations/activities.
>>
>>37686031
>its a roastie claiming to need advice but actually just trying to cultivate a group of orbiters

fuck off please and also gas yourself
>>
>>37685187
also autist here. he probably has no idea what to say in these contexts, this is probably foreign territory to him and freaking him out a little bit.

Didn't you say it was only a couple of days? just take it slow, let him come out of his shell when he feels comfortable.
>>
File: hape.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
hape.gif
2MB, 235x240px
he probably just has social anxiety, him not replying is probably just him being nervous. good that love between autists can sprout
>>
>>37685187
Just be patient and try various angles of approach until you get a feel for what works best. Break down the walls, construct a comfort level. Engage him over topics that he finds interesting. If he's confirmed autism he probably has some specific interests he'd be delighted to share with you. Be patient, be authentic, and make it clear that you're there to be supportive and bond with them rather than to fuck with him or indulge some sort of boredom or curiosity/
>>
>>37685187
You and all the underage /b/tards that took this shit bait should hang yourselves.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.