[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 21 and want to own a bar. Is it a good idea to go

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1479166177267.png (110KB, 256x388px) Image search: [Google]
1479166177267.png
110KB, 256x388px
So I'm 21 and want to own a bar. Is it a good idea to go to school for Business and entrepreneurship or just read up on business and learn the trade through experience?

>Also general question thread. I don't know.
>>
Learn and read. Also you need money. That's the big hurtle.
>>
>>37677238
Just watch always sunny. You'll learn everything you need to know from the show
>>
>>37677238
Definitely go to school (community college at least) for entrepreneurship. It cost money but not as much as an inevitable failed business if you go in blind.
>>
>>37677373
I've decided if I did go to school community college would be where I'd likely go. Is it that much more affordable?
>>
>>37677618
yeah community colleges are insanely cheaper than state and private schools. and if your plan is to open a bar there are probably specialized curriculums for that. Good luck hope everything works out for you!
>>
>>37677238
Community colleges are starting to churn out hospitality management/food service degrees more and more. That's likely the field this would fall under, with a heavy leaning towards business management. Complete one of those while working at a new bar every 2-3 months. Start as a barback, and work up to assistant manager (experience is transferable for the most part) once you have your degree, then grind it out until you can take a crack at it yourself.
>>
>>37677238
Friendly reminder: Most bars and restaurants go under within six months.
>>
>>37677238
You need 50k, a liquor license and a good location and some contacts who will sponsor your bar

You should also invest in making that a restaurant because then you can offer catering, dining in, take out, etc and make more money

Eventually expand and franchise open your bar in busy metropolitan areas and work on your branding

The only thing 2 years of community college will teach you is how to do your own taxes and suck other people's dicks
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.