[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>freshman orientation >Private uni >normie school >80%

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 20170612_232009.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_232009.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>freshman orientation
>Private uni
>normie school
>80% white
>60% female
>Everyone is downstairs in the lounge areas
>Roommates are cool but super normie
>im in my dorm playing eu4

How the fuck do I get out of my autistic shell? I came to this school to start a new life
>>
Lmao you didn't even try for freshman orientation? You'll fail out before the end of the semester.
>>
>>37675469
This is what im afraid of.

I just want to fit in reeee
>>
>>37675419
I thought this too, but it's just a meme.
Everyone's "cool" with you now, because they want to see if you're approachable, which you aren't, you have failed their test.
Now they'll leave you alone, they probably won't make any attempts at socialization anymore, it's probably for the best.
>>
>>37675419
at least you have a patrician taste for games OP
>>
You have 2 options right now. Turn that game off and go down stairs and try to fit in (it will be awkward at first) and try to befriend them, or spend the rest of your time at uni being a hermit outcast.
>>
>>37675419
your first step is to get off 4chins
>>
>playing as venice

what a pleb
>>
>>37675469
>>37675621
This. Orientation is a peer test, and you have failed. Everybody will know you as the antisocial fuck who played video games.
>>
Learn to be a real man and play Brittany. That'll give you the balls you need
>>
so far i have had normal conversations with people, i dont think people see me as weird (roomate came in to get stuff and we had regular small talk)

nobody knows i am playing eu4, in fact most people only know the 15 people in their groups
>>
>>37675928
They don't think you're weird yet, bozo.
They literally just met you, but in time you will isolate yourself from them.
>>
>>37675928
They know that you aren't there, and your room mate is more than likely telling everybody how he's sharing the room with an antisocial loser
>>
eu4... do i have eu4? no, i just have victoria II on my steam. i've got 11 hours on that game and i remember sucking dick at it- having no idea how the fuck to stop a province from rebelling out of control even though my entire army is hunting rebels in it

is eu4 more retard proof? or am i just bad? i don't think i'm that bad
>>
>>37675957
>>37675959
the lounge has 30 people, out of the 450 registered for this orientation session
>>
don't listen to the people who are saying it's already over. you fucked up so far but if you join their group now without sperging to much and an explanation why you came later you should be good.
>>
File: 1495638165265.jpg (647KB, 2696x2232px) Image search: [Google]
1495638165265.jpg
647KB, 2696x2232px
>>37675419
If you don't get into groups and make friends in the first month, you failed the normalfag test - IT'S OVER. Drop out and save yourself 4 years of eating alone at lunch and not getting a job upon graduation.
>>
>>37676042
And what?
You think they're all in their rooms jacking off and posting on 4chan?
They're out with friends.
>>37676059
Past the point of redemption, it's over before he even started.
Providing an explanation would make him look like a spineless faggot, why would he need to explain himself?
>>
>>37676030
Eu4 is more retard proof

Just press a button, subtracts 50 military points and voila the revolt goes down by 30%
>>
>>37676071
ill add my 2c
as someone who had a traumatic uni experience socially
at first i fit in really well. i was amazingly popular on my dorm floor, but the reason i was able to do so was because of drugs. so i was high and drunk 24 7. eventually big break down, everybody hated me, dropped out.
if i could change anything it would have been to be happy in my life, to have my shit together and to just be okay with being myself. i was so self conscious that i adopted a dumb persona and almost killed myself over it. and it was fake, and eventually got destroyed.
i was lucky, however, because i wouldnt have had any friends at all if not for drugs. i was very fucked up, and like you i wouldve been playing video games in my room alone.
as for you, just go and socialize, that's it; if you want to break out of the shell you have to act differently. dont worry about being too late, just try talking to people in class, join clubs, go to events, talk to the people there. talk to as many people as you can. being part of a group isnt something you have so much control over, but something that just sort of happens after repeated interaction. dont psyche yourself out over it ffs, just go and do what you want. have your shit together, self improvement, go to the gym, spend your time doing meaningful things. have a life, basically. you need that foundation. after awhile you might get lonely, then you will have the motivation to go and do it.. it will still be scary, but what's important is that you actually want it. when you want it, you're as ready as youll be. good luck
>>
File: 39778192907433192.png (112KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
39778192907433192.png
112KB, 250x250px
>>37676071
>4 years of eating alone at lunch and not getting a job upon graduation.

This describes me to a tee. A somehow managed to graduate with a mediocre GPA. It didn't help that I was able to secure a single room for myself all four years using a loophole regarding food allergies. Those four years were basically a blur of indulgence and debauchery for me, and not the normie kind. The robot kind.
>>
You're already far past fucked.

Also, I wasn't aware there are schools that have overnight orientation, at least in terms of staying in dorms with roommates.
>>
>>37676200

I will never understand this, when I get high the last thing in the world I want to do is socialize. I barely even leave my house. Alcohol on the other hand is the opposite effect.
>>
>>37676260

I'm pretty sure all the prestigious, small to medium sized private universities in the US follow that protocol.
>>
>>37676316
weed was usually coupled with super smash bros melee
sometimes there was mdma or shrooms
alcohol was common too
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (221KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
221KB, 1440x1080px
>>37675419

>How do I get out of my shell?

You don't, you add Crusader Kings 2 to your stash
>>
>>37676316

Only the most autistic of autists can survive 4 years without any meaningful social interaction. People like us are the minority. Good thing for you is that college is as much of a place primed for loners as it is for socialites. The longer you stay on campus. the better you can identify nooks and crannies to hide in.

t. autist
>>
>>37676316
I always get high alone. Maybe it is just that I get too high but I wouldn't even want to talk to someone.
>>
>>37676218
4 years of college was all it took to crush my spirit and leave me a treatment-resistant (PERMANENT) depression NEET. I had a great group of friends in high school but we mostly played video games together...?

I get to college and I don't know anyone there or how to make friends. Most everyone there was from Chicago and already knew each other from high school. My roommate was an international student (funny how just checking 'would you be ok with an international roommate' box doomed me) and I wasn't in a sport or club so socially, it was already over.

What a joke. I remember calling my dad saying I didn't fit in and was miserable and was told yukata jus b urself. 4 years of isolation during a time of critical social&life skill development destroyed my entire life. If only I hopped in my car and dropped the fuck out of meme college like I wanted.
>>
File: 1487567715538.png (213KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
1487567715538.png
213KB, 600x887px
>>37675419
My uni orientation is coming up very soon.
I'm very nervous about it.
What am I in for?
>private uni
>Going to still live at home (not at school)
>extreme normalfag city
>I've been there once, everyone's overly nice (maybe they were only overly nice to me because they were afraid of the way I was dressed?)
>everyone seems extremely social
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.