[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make headway in an argument with someone that has Borderline

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1472394289754.jpg (60KB, 566x701px) Image search: [Google]
1472394289754.jpg
60KB, 566x701px
How do I make headway in an argument with someone that has Borderline Personality Disorder? I'm fighting with a diagnosed BPD friend of mine on Skype. He's twisting my words, interpreting everything I say in ridiculous ways, and is making me feel like I'm the bad guy and that he never did anything wrong. I am getting incredibly stressed out. I thought my feelings were reasonable and justified, but the moment I brought them up he got so intense it's scary.
>>
BPD anon here. You don't. Just don't waste your time and sanity on him, it can't be helped.
>>
>>37663862
not a bpd anon here, but experience with a bpd

You don't. Just don't waste your time and sanity on him, it can't be helped.
>>
Tell them something like "If you can't talk normal I'll just ignore you until you can" and wait for them to come crawling back to you.
>>
>>37663706
I have BPD. You don't. Just give him time to chill out and talk later when he's not splitting.
>>
BPD faggot here u dont
>>
>>37663862
>>37663931
>>37663946
kek
Being an asshole isn't a disorder, guys
>>
>>37663862
>>37663876
>>37663931

These are correct

This comment was made by me, originally
>>
>>37663706
The reason he's twisting your words is because his mental processes are fundamentally warped at the lowest levels of cognitive development. The reason this personality disorder manifests is due to childhood abuse and you can be damned sure that you're not going to change the deep underlying pathological structure that controls his personality. Don't even fucking try it, anon. Go no contact and do not look back. You should not be friends with BPD or NPD people, ever, period, because they will hurt you and train you to respond to their warped processes until you are used up, and then they will throw you away.
>>
>>37663990
Is NPD similar to BPD? I never hear Narcissist Personality Disorder talked about much.
>>
>>37664024
The primary difference is NPD does not have the emotional volatility of BPD. BPD people are literally slaves at the behest of their emotions. A good analogy is a 5 year old child who drops an ice cream cone - you can't explain to them that you can get a new one in 5 minutes, or that it was only 5 dollars, the mere feeling of loss overwhelms the child to the point where they're not even consciously acting, rather hyperbolically expressing extreme swings of mood with no self control possible. That's BPD. NPD is much more dangerous - it's the underlying psychopathic narcissism with a clearly defined directive and ability to plan over time. The link in the DSM between the two is called "Cluster B" personality disorders. They act upon the same mental processes and the difference is in the manifestation, and they also express differently through genders.

I survived a narcissist parent so hey, this is hands-on experience here.
>>
>>37663706
So he's the bad guy now huh? Is that what you're saying? Don't even try to play the victim here by pretending that you're scared and in distress. Your feelings can't be justified and reasonable because like you said, they're only feelings. You're admitting that you're in the wrong because you're being emotional. Admit. It.
>>
>>37664620
Ahh, but two can play this game, Anon. Your big words are just a sad compensation for your little life and all the wasted potential. And so you think that making a snarky little comment on a Comanchian speartip-sharpening pow-pow excuses all those lost years, all of your mothers disappointment, all your non-lived life.
But you are wrong. You are nothing. And deep down, you know it.
>>
>>37663966
You know 0 information about bpd
>>
>>37663966
Yeah, but BPD makes you an asshole. Like, you cannot really get assholier than with BPD, trust me, I know what I am saying. I am diagnosed myself.
>>
Post a screenshot of your conversation OP.
Funny, no one asked this first !
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.