[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start to get really into cooking >ask parents if i can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>start to get really into cooking
>ask parents if i can get a professional knife
>wow anon you want your own chef's knife? maybe you want to be a professional chef instead of an accountant haha
>no no, it'll just be a hobby for anon
any professional chefs out there?
whats it like being happy
>>
one step at a time cook bro

don't fall for the culinary college meme until you get a little experience working as a line cook and they ask you to go for promotion or something.

if you want to get good fast, find the busiest kitchen in your area and work up from dishboy.

i slam 6-10k shifts solo now with three people under meeeeeee

fuck u mom and dad look at meee gooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>37663157
Catering chef > restaurant chef
Pay is ass, but free meals for the whole day you work
>>
>>37663232
what kind of restaurant do you work at anon?
would a decent restaurant actually hire some guy with nothing culinary on his resume knowing that they one day want to cook for the restaurant?
>>37663241
same issues as post above
i'd probably need some sort of experience to get a chance at it
>>
>>37663321
yeah, but you gotta be hype about it.

i worked first at a shit diner, but that got me good at cooking fast.

then i moved into a fancy 5 star joint in a hotel

i'll leave my privacy intact, but my got the food there was fucking expensive.

if you can, take home a menu of wherever you want to work and learn that shit in and out.

it looks real good when you go in like, YEAH. I know all of your shit. they like that a lot.
>>
>>37663541
thats some fantastic advice anon thanks for your time friend
>>
>>37663157
Why the fuck would you wanna be a professional chef

Accountants and actuaries make bank and the work is easy as fuck. Low stress 9 to 5 job, never take any work home. It's boring but nice.

Just cook for fun man.
>>
>>37663610
can you tell me you've never had an unexplainable passion for anything
>>
>>37663631
>can you tell me you've never had an unexplainable passion for anything
Yes
I have never had a passion for anything

That aside even if I did I wouldn't wanna make it my career dumbass

You think every league gamer should try to become a pro because they like it?
>>
>>37663590
no problem.

some things you can do at home are cooking steaks, practice flipping shit in a pan, know how to make barebones stuff like roux and stocks, have a good working knowledge of what spices go with what.

and never NEVER be prideful. i cannot fucking stand when people come in my kitchen thinking they're hot shit. i like when they are enthusiastic sure, but if they think they're actually too good, or the best, I'll run em into the fucking ground.

aka pride is not a good thing.

your food should say how good you are.

kitchen warfare is fun, yet rugged.

people are over hot shit for 8+ a day sometimes throwing down rush hour food to gourmet standards. and they have to be good and consistent. consistency is key. Sear and cook a steak to a perfect medium. grats. do it again.

tho after a day in the kitchen i work at man you feel accomplished.
>>
>>37663610
>>37663631
i feel this honestly.

before i worked in it, i loved to do it at home as a hobby.

i went into the diner job with no working knowledge. got my ass handed to me and wanted to quit week one. i was like fuck it. got good at what they were cooking. and i could literally tell everyone on the whole line to get off cause they were legit in my way and eventually i was cooking the whole shit solo and i was good at it. like, it took skill sure, but it was all muscle memory. timings of food were subconciously ticking and you just have your whole line in your head.

once you get there its fucking ezpz.

its like starting a video game, being terrible.

then getting really really good and throwing down. but like, i can't explain it.

it made me love cooking so much more because i got really fucking good at it.

huh anyways sorry i got excited. i really like cooking.
>>
Line cook is the ultimate cuck wage-job.
My ex-girlfriend's ex boyfriend is a line cook, who worked 60 hour shifts a week while his girlfriend was messing around with guys on the internet (me).
>>
>>37663953
cant be cucked wehn no gf

gotemmmm
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.