[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw inarticulate For some reason, I have a lot of trouble

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: pepe.jpg (30KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
30KB, 385x385px
>tfw inarticulate

For some reason, I have a lot of trouble putting my thoughts into words. Like a lot of times I'll come up with an idea, and I'll have no idea how to express it verbally, and then I'll hear someone say exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't articulate. This problem is extremely frustrating, and I'm wondering if there's any way to fix it. I've tried reading a lot, and it's helped, but I still feel like I have a lot of ideas that I just can't translate into natural language.

Anyone else have this problem?
>>
You expressed that feeling very well op.

Maybe you're just too hard on yourself.
>>
File: 1494244326853.png (250KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494244326853.png
250KB, 800x600px
>>37651121
Yes, pretty sure i have autism
im like pic related, except i draw instead of paint
>>
hi friendo, the reason you are unable to put your thoughts into speech is because you lack the practice of doing so.

no one would be surprised that a man who read many archery books and owned the highest quality bows misses his target constantly if he does not regularly try to shoot an arrow.

do not see this situation as any different.
>>
File: the actual best girl.png (451KB, 791x594px) Image search: [Google]
the actual best girl.png
451KB, 791x594px
>>37651202
literally shit tier girl kys
>>
>>37651121
op please alaborate
>>
>think in pure idea form
>takes a while to translate this to words
>conversation usually skips past the point to interject
>have to repeat um and pause when trying to say more than two sentences at a time
>completely unable to hold an actual coverstation
>>
>>37651298
>shit tier
Fuck off normie
hanako is 2nd best though
>>
>>37651262
>hi friendo, the reason you are unable to put your thoughts into speech is b
Actually will agree with this anon to an extent.

I'm the same as you OP. If I get asked a question out of the blue I struggle to articulate myself well. But if I need to give a speech or know in advance that I need to explain something I can practice it very well.
>>
>>37651298
>>37651926

Emi, you gigantic plebians.
>>
>>37651983
Emi is shitty normie tier.
She also can flip her emotions on a dime like a crazy bpd.
Ill pass.
>>
I know how you feel, I'm the same way. I find it impossible to find the words to fill up anything longer than a page. I also find it difficult to have a conversation with anyone. I just feel like I have nothing say.

How do you learn how to write? Like if I was in a college course where you're required to write a research paper, I just wouldn't be able to do it.
>>
>>37651121
Sounds like narcissism it does.
>>
>>37651121
Iktfb. I sound like a complete retard any time I try talking out loud.
>>
>>37652014
She's a bundle of joy that will accept and challenge you. She also has issues so there's something to relate to.

10/10 would run with.
>>
I'm a really good writer but a shit speaker. I get flustered easily and backtrack too much when I speak. But, like I said, my writing is quite choice and I can express ideas cogently. Is the only way to fix this to do away with my le social anxiety completely?
>>
>>37651121
I'm pretty sure you just don't have that good of ideas in the first place. The people you hear later probably put a lot more effort into expanding the basic premise
>>
>>37651121
Don't feel bad OP

You're taking a step in the right direction by reading a lot

I know this is cliched advice, but I think what you need is to be more confident. Research has shown that being nervous literally makes people dumber. If you get more practice talking to people and trying to articulate yourself, and you eventually get desensitized to that particular anxiety, you'll get a lot better

Goodluck OP
>>
>>37651121
i sort of let the words do all the work for me i just start a thought and there's only a few directions to go from most any phrasing so once you've read enough things you basically surrender all control of language to the kind of automatic process that the language is formed of in the first place
at this point it articulation isn't a matter of fault but of inexperience and incapacity or language processes in the first place and then you can wipe your hands of any feelings of weakness or whatever
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.