[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a pharmacy technician who works at a major retail chain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

File: pills.jpg (99KB, 1000x567px) Image search: [Google]
pills.jpg
99KB, 1000x567px
I'm a pharmacy technician who works at a major retail chain pharmacy. Ask me anything.
>>
>>37648660
>I'm a pharmacy technician who works at a major retail chain pharmacy.
How much pharmacy scam people?
>>
>>37648672
Those of us in the actual pharmacy? Not at all. It's the corporate heads of pharmaceuticals, insurances, and the pharmacies themselves that do the scamming.
>>
>>37648660
>>37648706
how easy is it for you to lift stuff? have you ever done it before?
>>
>>37648660
Why is Pulmozyme and Prednisone so fucking shit? I see kids dying because those two medicines are so fucking shit at their job.
>>
>>37648888
Taking stuff is easy. It's getting away with it that's difficult, especially if you're talking any sort of controlled substance. Cameras everywhere. Honestly, I'd say it's just not worth it to even consider. If you really wanted to steal from the pharmacy, arrange with some friends to go in and just outright rob it one day. Not that that would be any easier to get away with.

And CII drugs (like oxy, adderall, etc) are kept in a safe that only the pharmacists know the code for.

>>37648936
Never heard of Pulmozyme, and I don't really know much about Prednisone. I'm only a tech (albeit certified), so most of what I know about medicine is gleaned from my job.
>>
>>37648991
What is CII?
>>
>>37649016
Control 2. Aka schedule 2, the narcotics. One (legal) step below schedule 1 and things like cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc, and the highest schedule that can be legally prescribed.

Lots of additional rules and regulations about those drugs, both federally and state by state.
>>
What's the most Jewish thing pharmacies do to scam customers and make money?
>>
>>37648660
whats the best otc pills for suicide
>>
>>37649237

Most scamming is done by doctors, insurance, and pharmaceutical companies. Unless you're buying a prescription completely out of pocket (no insurance or even discount card), the price you pay is determined by the insurance/card processor.

>>37649250
For effective and painless death? No idea. But if you take a whole bottle of any otc pain reliever (tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen, whatever), you'll pretty much die guaranteed. They'll cook your organs something harsh.
>>
>>37648660
>I'm a pharmacy technician who works at a major retail chain pharmacy.

ok?
>>
>>37649338
Ok, so what's the most Jewish thing insurance companies do to scam people?
>>
>>37649369
Pretty much everything they do. It'd be much harder to think of ways they DON'T scam people.
>>
Why does it take like 20mins to get my medication?
>>
>>37649410
Because there's 10 other people who put in to fill their medication before you that we're still working on. There's also more to the process than "put pills in a bottle" or "stick a label on a box."
>>
>>37649435
>There's also more to the process than "put pills in a bottle" or "stick a label on a box."

Like what?
>>
>>37648660
How many times have you declined medication or at least berated a patient because a prescriber prescribed medication that conflicts with each with other medication?
>>
>>37648660
What did you major in in uni and how did you end up where you are now? Did you have to get some experience elsewhere or did you just get there right out of uni?
>>
>>37649471
First the prescription needs to be entered (if it's a new script), which can take a few minutes. Then, it needs to be filled (actually physically preparing the product, such as counting pills), then the pharmacist checks and verifies it.

The biggest issue is that most pharmacies are understaffed, so there aren't enough people to do everything. If there's one pharmacist and one tech, and someone is at drop-off and at the register, nothing else can get done until one of us is finished with the person we're helping.

>>37649535
If we ever decline to fill a script because of prescriber incompetence, our procedure is to call the doctor's office and get it sorted out. We've never just told a person "we won't fill this because it conflicts with something else, tough luck."

>>37649562
Needed a job and a retail pharmacy hired me as a tech and trained me. Been doing it for over two years now. I have a biology undergrad degree, but no luck finding any job to use it.
>>
>>37650080
>>>37649535
>If we ever decline to fill a script because of prescriber incompetence, our procedure is to call the doctor's office and get it sorted out. We've never just told a person "we won't fill this because it conflicts with something else, tough luck.

Really? I've been told that my doctor is a retard and to find a new one by a pharmacist. I'm a schizo so I get prescribed a lot of different meds and that happened to me once. When they told me, I found a new psychiatrist. I told them what happened and why, he agreed.

My experiences with (((doctors))) makes me sad. You have a bunch of retards that think ANY doctor shits out gospel. That you should trust them 100%. Hell, do that. If they kill you, hope your family isn't as retarded to now sue them for mad cash. Oh well.

I love pharmacists. They're more versed in meds, that's the meme. But at least these faggots don't have a dumb ass ego that prevents them from thinking that they're wrong. Please stay up to date with meds and save more lives. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably would be dead ... which I kind of hope I would be. I can't kms, not worth it. I'll let a incompetent doctor kill me and let my family not worry about working for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>37650360
Not OP but same experience with doctors here as well. Took me a long time to find an actual good Psychiatrist. I think pharmacists and doctors are so different since as far as I know pharmacists aren't bribed to prescribe medication that will make the big guys lots more money.
>>
>>37650360
Well, some doctors really are just incompetent. I don't think we've ever had one bad enough to recommend the patient see a different doctor, but even if we encountered that situation, we'd do what we could to work out the medication issue with the current doctor, so the person wouldn't have to go without their meds.

One big issue is that doctors don't always have a list of all of a person's meds (especially if someone sees multiple doctors), which can make it difficult to avoid prescribing possible contradictions.

But yeah, trusting doctors 100% and that they can do no wrong is a terrible view to have. They're only human, after all.

>>37650452
Pharmacies have different things they push, like vaccines. That's always something our corporate masters at [major chain pharmacy] want us to push as much as possible. Flu, pneumonia, tetanus, shingles, whatever. But often those of us in the actual pharmacy hate having to push that stuff so heavily.
>>
>>37648660
Yeah its your turn to do bin recons.
>>
>>37650452
>>37650360
Can you shop around for psychiatrists? I thought I was stuck with the one I got/was assigned. I'm schizo but on a mental health act constraint that requires me to take meds. All doctors I've met are venal though. I don't trust them at all. Maybe the one I got is fine. But she is keeping me on this damn thing even though I've been on it for like four years by now.
>>
>>37650626
Nothing forces you to stay with your current psych, although if you have insurance, only some may accept it, so that could limit your potential pool.
>>
>>37650649
What about in hospital when you are certified? Can you demand a new doctor?
>>
are there any pharmaceutical or otc drugs that are better than the ecstacy or molly you buy off the streets?
>>
>>37650681
No idea about in hospital, sorry. I would assume it's more difficult to do so there, if at all possible.

>>37650700
I don't do any drugs, so I don't even know what to compare those to, much less if there's any prescription that is better than them.
>>
I always feel so guilty for going to the pharmacy to fill my Adderall prescription.

Do you guys judge people like me silently? I know I need to take it or my life is a trainwreck, but I always feel so bad about, like I'm just some tweaker
>>
>>37651029
No we don't talk about who takes what we just full.
>>
>>37650626
Are you on neetbux? You are NOT STUCK. Are you on medicare/medicaid or someshit? If you want a new psychiatrist, you should find a new one. Do your research. It's even easier if you're on insurance from your parents or something. I lost my parent's insurance when I turned 26 and switched to Medicare. Yeah, I had to switch psychiatrists but I found one that was even better. It took me 3 changes. Don't give up hope. Just remember that YOU pay for their livelihood. Without you, they have NO JOB. Even if you're on medicare. The TAX PAYERS pay for THEM to take care of you. Why else would they? Never give up hope. If you're unhappy with who you're ever seeing, find someone else. It's actually easier if you're on medicare. The only problem with being on medciare means that less doctors take it. The government is SHIT. And people want universal healthcare? LOL! It's fine. But you'll see. Don't give up, please. At least, get your neetbux and just bullshit your way with whoever. Keep up with your appointments so you keep your neetbux. Stay strong. Killing yourself is not worth it. Trust me. If you were an actual schizo, I'd take you for a ride, no ... it not has nothing to do with normie sexual bullshit. Sex is for normies. I'd give you some shrooms.
>>
>>37651029
At most, we maybe lament that such things are so over-prescribed. But generally we won't judge you or anything, especially if it's a regular script and you're a nice person.
>>
Can you cure my ADHD?
>>
Why do you have to be a fucking doctor to hand out pills? You don't even prescribe them
>>
>>37651309
No.

>>37651333
Because pharmacists need to know about medication interactions and that alone is a huge amount of education required. If you ever have a question about some medication (prescription or otc), give a pharmacy a call and ask the pharmacist. Any pharmacy, doesn't even matter if you go there. Hell, give one several states away a call just for fun and ask about it. That's the resource they provide to people. Try calling your doctor and getting a quick recommendation for a pan reliever or allergy med, see how far you get.
>>
What pharmacy and what did you put on your application to get it?
>>37648660
>>
>>37648660
Face it. You don't do shit, and you don't know shit. You are the bottom bitch of health care services, even lower on the totem pole than a receptionist at a doctors office. Hope you enjoy being patronized by pharmacists who actually know what they're doing and make at least 5 times as much as you.
>>
>>37650626
Ask your insurance provider for a second opinion. Most understand and are cool with it.
>>
How hard was school and how long did it take you to get certified?
I'm in nursing school and taking pharmacology right now and it's a lot meds to remember. I've learned a lot so far though, respects to all pharmacists.
>>
>>37652532
A major retail chain in the US. Think one like CVS, Rite-aid, or Walgreens. I had no pharmacy experience, or even retail experience at the time. They train you from scratch.

>>37652657
Being a pharmacy tech isn't some lifelong dream or anything. I don't intend to ever become a pharmacist, so the job is basically a dead end with no possibility of promotion. No pharmacist has ever been condescending towards me, though.

>>37652973
I'm only a pharmacy technician, not a pharmacist. Certification wasn't that hard, it's just a test for PTCB cert. I passed it the first try, but I took it after I racked up nearly two years of experience. Taking courses to get ready for pharmacy tech certification is for those who don't have experience in a pharmacy.
>>
>>37648660
Would you be named Terrance by any chance?
>>
>>37653214
Not even close. I am male, though.
>>
>>37653396
eh it was worth a try, know someone who does the same thing you do by that name. They live in Seattle.
>>
>>37648660
In a zombie apocalypse, assuming all the shit hits the fan when the place is locked up,

-Whats the best way to get in
-How to identify key drugs such as antibiotics and stuff thatd be better than basic first aid / triage
-Would most pharmacists try to open it to the public, or is it best to lock it down
-If theres a pharmacy that looks mostly picked over, are there any places to look that most would overlook?

Its not that imporant, but prolly good to know for emergencies that manage to fuck up most things we take for granted

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>37648660
Are you familiar with pharmacogenetics?
Do you believe this to be an accurate gauge of drug metabolism? I keep trying to tell doctors that I'm a poor metabolizer of medicine involved with cyp450 and have absolutely no function in cyp2c19 which most ssris are based on, but they look at me like I am insane and tell me the best way is to just take it and find out, but then I usually have horrible reactions, sometimes ending up in the ER. I tried talking to the pharmacist about this and she seemed to think the testing and outcomes have poor accuracy. I want to try and ssri from a different enzyme pathway but they won't let me just for that reason.
>>
>>37653548
>people still fantasize about zombies in the year 2017
>>
>>37653692
Its something Ive wanted to ask a pharmacist for awhile, but would likely get you either arrested or put on a watch list if done in person since it sounds so sketch.

But if, say, a solar flare shut down most electronics for more than about a day, nogs will start looting and rioting and I wanna make sure I have a feel for whether I can still somehow get my meds.

Without them Im a useless blob of flesh
With them I win awards for my research in particle physics.

I wont go back.
>>
>>37648660
can you mail me some adderall?
>>
>>37648660
Can you steal oxymorphone, and/or hydromorphone, and mail it to me pls? My connection has run perminatley dry and I want to kms desu
>>
>>37651204
Hey thanks. Had to go afk so just read your response, but yeah, I appreciate it. I'll see what I can do. To be honest though, I've been in trouble in the past, so I'd probably still have to wait a little longer anyhow. Thing is, I've learned from my mistakes, but I'm not sure every doctor will buy into that explanation. I hear voices and have delusions but they are not obtrusive anymore. I guess it'll be hard to convince anyone, but I'll do my best. Eventually I'll be off, I'm sure.
>>
>>37653548
>>37653766
Well, do you mean adderall or some other amphetamine? Those are usually kept in a safe, so they would probably be safe from generic looting, but you'd also have a tough time getting in. I don't know any details on the safes besides that they are fixtures, not free-standing.

Antibiotics and other stuff, you should just learn about what antibiotics are available before the apocalypse hits, and search for them.

I don't imagine pharmacists would care much about the pharmacy in such a situation, but if it was sudden and they were there, they'd probably lock it down and barter with the medicine they have.

>>37653649
Not at all. I'm just a tech, not an actual pharmacist.

>>37653780
Considering I don't even have physical access to it where I work, and I don't have a script for it, no.

>>37653807
See my above response.
>>
>>37653918
That makes sense.

I have a general idea of tetracycline and other antibiotics due to a brief stint as a premed major and an allergy to penicillin (also part of why I ask) but figured there might be a color-coding system for classes of stock to make life easy. I also figured it might be proprietary but things are regulated rather tightly.

With an active emergency, reading labels isnt on most peoples minds. Glad to know it probably is more involved.

And yeah, its a c1. Shame to hear it'd be a pain but glad to know most people wouldnt get to it as the shit hits the fan. I like to consider myself clever and hopefully have enough left over to stay lucid until I get more IF worst came to worst.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.