[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I frequent this board quite a bit and actually met a robot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 1495499315928.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495499315928.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
So I frequent this board quite a bit and actually met a robot guy that I thought I could be with. I flirted him up in my awkward way and we definitely liked each other and really hit it off.

The problem emerged when I said I might love him after we had known each other for a few months... he told me later that he legitimately believed that the government had put nanoprobes into his body and were controlling his thoughts.

I told him that he really ought to get help because this genuinely concerned me, considering that he seemed relatively level headed up until this point. I didn't mean to offend but my first reaction was 'you can't be serious, right?'

I didn't even think about it... I was so insensitive and he didn't talk to me for several months after that. I tried over and over to reach out and when he did speak to me again it was just him saying that he was fine and that I just didn't understand. I cried and apologized as much as humanly possible, even offering to travel to see him.... but he said it was a bad idea and that I was a bad idea...

It's been 10 months and he still ignores me. I fucked it up guys.... any advice?
>>
lol i don't care if this is a fake thread (which it is) the idea of a roastie getting ghosted makes me feel giddy

ehehe....ehehehehehehe....pffft.....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

saged btw
>>
>>37641189
What for? I haven't done anything to make you think I deserve saged. This isn't /b/, I figured you guys would actually help me since you help each other and other fembots. Why not me?
>>
>>37641227
Don't - don't fucking reply to me. I don't want to speak to you, you nasty cur.
>>
>>37641237
Oh jeez you're upset as fuck.
>>
>>37641133
sounds like he might have stabbed you OP
too far gone, nothing you can do
>>
>>37641249
Thank you for the genuine reply. I appreciate that. You're probably right too...
>>
>>37641246
Shut the fuck up, you nasty mongrel. I don't want to have to imagine your disgusting garbled internal monologue thinking out these messages.
>>
>>37641302
Why are you so mad? Just leave the thread if it upsets you so much. And don't reply if you don't want to talk.
>>
>>37641333
Stop. Fucking. Replying. To. Me.
>>
>>37641302
Thanks for keeping it bumped though. Gives me more of a chance for a real reply to help me out here.
>>
>>37641133
I'd say that's a pretty appropriate reaction to his response. Something like that is so far out of the realm of normal thought that just a follow-up: "is this a joke?" would be perfectly reasonable. However, if you're in a state where you think you have government manprobes, I dunno senpai. The hard part is that people can be pretty reasonable on the surface, but there can be some weird shit down there. What you described kind of sounds like a mental issue, and it's hard to switch gears when these things show up out of nowhere. If you can't talk to him, don't keep worrying about it, take it as a life lesson and move on. Nobody's perfect man, you did just fine.
>>
>>37641441
You are so wonderful. Thank you, and thank you again. I've felt so guilty and missed talking to him so much that I guess in my head I made my reaction out to be a bigger problem than it really was. Either way I appreciate you taking time to help me sort this out with myself.
>>
>>37641133
>I fucked it up guys.... any advice?
Do you have access to any powerful magnets?
>>
>>37641490
..... yes. Why? I'm very interested in what you'll propose with magnets. Is it because robot? I feel like magnets would hurt a robot
>>
>>37641469
I had to go through some real rough shit with a close family member involving stuff similar to this. This kind of stuff is rough because it skews your perspective on what is normal, and makes you think: "what if it's me?". The best advice I can give if you want to pursue that relationship still is to just take it reeeeeal slow. Trust lost (from his perspective) will always take a long time to earn back, and if someone is paranoid it will only take longer.
>>
>>37641513
Hold the magnet on your head for an hour or so and see if you feel any different.
>>
>>37641515
He's quite paranoid... he thinks that the nanobots are the only reason that nobody had dated him before. I wanted to date. He said everyone was always talking about him and watching him and thinking about him being a loser and when I very very gently suggested therapy for his depression he said the medicine would control him even more. I know he's riddled with psychological issues but he is a very kind person with an interesting personality. If he got help he would be so much happier and less terrified of everyone judging him when they clearly aren't. I'm sorry you had to go through something similar. It really is hard to know what to do.
>>
>>37641543
Disappointed desu. Was hoping you'd say something funnier. Thanks for trying though
>>
>>37641133
Why do women always go for the insane broken types. Where do you live? Be my gf instead.
>>
>>37641607
I'm fucking serious, do it.
>>
>>37641629
This.
There's hundreds of robots willing to date a nice girl and you're dead set on the schizo one, kek.
I know you think you're like a Harry Potter character or something, but you're not, this idiocy is straight out of a Doestoyevsky novel
>>
>>37641629
he didn't seem unusual at first, just a bit shy and withdrawn....

And I'm from Pennsylvania, but I'm afraid to say too much in case he sees this because like I said, he uses this board as well and I don't want him to feel embarrassed over this
>>
>>37641592
Yeah and that's the tough part. Psychological issues like that don't make someone a bad person, and that's one of those realizations that can be hard to see without being near someone like that long term. The hard part is that paranoia is often a symptom of something larger. In my case my mother has Type II Bipolar Disorder. Every 5 years or so she goes on a manic phase for a few months, then a depressive phase for a roughly equal length of time. I had heard if them but never experienced it until last year. The hardest part is that if someone doesn't feel they are off, they will never go in for help. My mom is incredible and sounding perfectly reasonable to strangers. My family literally put her in a mental hospital and she was out in a few days. She even went to jail (just like the local police station) and got out in a few hours. If they have no understanding that their perception of the world is skewed, you won't be able to help in that way. It's really hard to come to terms that there is something wrong with how you interpret the world, that you may be broken.
>>
>>37641670
I didn't say that I still want to date him, because I really don't. I just wish he'd talk to me again. And how does this relate to harry potter? I don't want a schizophrenic guy to be with, it can get scary to even have them as friends since they tend to be unstable and not very trusting.
>>
>>37641687
>US
Again. Holy fuck is anyone from europe even left or do I need to wait for the next batch of lonely girls to ship in next year?
>>
>>37641726
I'm not a fan of America but hey what can I do? It's tough to save up with the price of living being so awful in PA
>>
>>37641709
Savior/hero complex. You'd be better cutting volatile people like this out of your life completely, you can't save him
>>
DO THE THING WITH THE MAGNET FOR FUCK SAKE
>>
>>37641792
what does it do ?
i want to try it
>>
>>37641759
I don't want to 'save' him. I just need to know that he's ok and not a danger to himself anymore. He had been suicidal for a while and I'm worried because of that.
>>
>>37641849
could fucking kill you apparently
t. googled it
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.