[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything wrong with hedonism? Are there any convincing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: hedonism.jpg (437KB, 2562x1404px) Image search: [Google]
hedonism.jpg
437KB, 2562x1404px
Is there anything wrong with hedonism?
Are there any convincing arguments against moral nihilism and the pursuit of pleasure?
>>
only practical reasons

honestly if you live in a capitalist society and are a below average male good luck trying to be purely hedonistic.

you will never stop suffering and your body and mind will decay from it causing you to suffer more and the world will laugh when you fall prey to your own demons
>>
>>37640460
Hedonism is not nihilistic.

Hedonism is a value system. It values pleasure. A quite extensive set of ethical and political values can be built on that foundation.

Nihilists don't even believe in pleasure.
>>
Unless you've got a society like Brave New World, hedonism still means winners and losers, as people don't fuck equally. From a utilitarian perspective completely free sex has to be combined with a pretty strong eugenics program to produce a society where everyone really is willing to fuck everyone else.
>>
>>37640506
I was referring to them as two separate things. I specifically said moral nihilism. A Sadien type of deal
>>
Hedonism is the most fundamental way of life that a person must follow at one point. From the corpse of hedonism rises someone's true ideology
>>
>>37640460
dogma and virtue
>>
File: Attach0_20170509_155030.png (216KB, 482x436px) Image search: [Google]
Attach0_20170509_155030.png
216KB, 482x436px
It makes you a slave to your passions, imprisoning you with your desires, seeking pleasure and satisfaction of your base urges above all other things in life only ends in the kind of spiritual death and despair you see in places like this.
>>
>>37640582
That's an awful lot of spooks you have
>>
Yeah.
You'll die at 30 if all you do is drink, smoke weed and masturbate.

Not that that'll stop me though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.