[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is the point of therapy? Anybody with an iq above

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What the fuck is the point of therapy?
Anybody with an iq above 90 could figure out all of the "coping strategies" and therapeutic methods these people use without any guidance.
Is therapy just for retards and/or normies without any introspective thinking ability?
Complete waste of my fucking time. Been to numerous therapists and none of them have helped shit. The meds are the only thing that's helped improve anything.
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>37633968
Introspection is the equivalent of beating off while staring at yourself in a full-length mirror. Or something.

You're the one who got yourself into a bunch of shitty habits and situations, you can't get yourself out of it by yourself. You need an outside perspective and objective assessment.

More importantly you need someone that'll tell you what you don't want to hear, but need to hear.

You can sit there and go HHHMMMM THIS INTROSPECTION REALLY MAKES ME THINK MAYBE MY ENTIRE LIFE IS FUCKED UP BECAUSE OF THAT KID IN 4TH GRADE WHO WAS MEAN TO ME ONE TIME all you want. Introspection is a meme.
>>
>>37634076
>hey anon, just give advice to yourself while imagining you're another person!
Wow, so useful. I couldn't have possibly figured out that that could be useful on my own.
>>
>>37634107
Who are you quoting?

I didn't say any of that.

I explained what the point of a therapist is.

and yes I'm "reddit-spacing" on purpose.
>>
>>37634185
One of the magical tricks of CBT for social anxiety. Its all useless bullshit.
>>
Therapists are like friendship prostitutes
>>
>>37634744
>years and years of training in the field of psychology
>friendship

Therapists aren't paid to be nice to you. If you think your therapist is just being nice it's probably because you hate yourself and need to stop or their just a shitty therapist Plain and simple.
>>
therapy is useful for people who have actual mental illness not meme depression and meme anxiety
>>
>>37633968
People deep down love authority. So when a smart, well-dressed person with a professional title tells them all their problems and how to fix them, they listen. It shifts responsibility from the individual to the authority figure. "I have a therapist. He will help me get my life on track. And even if I continue to fail, well, it'll be out of my hands! Even my therapist couldn't right this mess! Oh well".
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.