[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am an ex-NEET turned normie getting married soon, I have helped

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Attach0_20170609_133040.gif (356KB, 370x208px) Image search: [Google]
Attach0_20170609_133040.gif
356KB, 370x208px
I am an ex-NEET turned normie getting married soon, I have helped a NEET get a job and and an otaku get a girlfriend, I am here to offer advice and encouragement if anyone would like it, if not then have a good day friends
>>
I need advice now, for everything.
>>
Where did you find the motivation? I know I have the potential to do better, but im mentally exhausted.
>>
>>37632143
how old are you

original content
>>
what's the best way to off myself?

original comment
>>
File: Attach0_20170608_233340.png (111KB, 306x304px) Image search: [Google]
Attach0_20170608_233340.png
111KB, 306x304px
>>37632719
The very first baby step to becoming a normie is to work on your social skills in a way that is just slightly outside your comfort zone for a little bit each day. What I did, and what you may find good to do to, is to practice normie traits like patience, humility, and kindess online. It found it was so fun to be nice to anons instead of telling them to kill themselves even if they are rude in response that it just became a habit. These skills practiced online transfer to real life interactions with people, and as you acquire them you'll have more success socializing IRL. The next step after this is to slowly start weaning yourself off of online socialization on imageboards and games and get most of your socialization IRL once you meet some people you can be friends with and who will like you back because of the new social skills you learned that help you to be a more likable person.

>>37632771
I was suicidally depressed and decided I would try as hard as I can to change myself before giving up.

>>37632798
>>
>>37632943
>generic advice
>getting married at 25
Once you're past 21 you can't just develop new social skills since your brain stops growing in that department. You were just a failed normie all along.
>>
>>37633000
Virtues like generosity, diligence, and forgiveness have to be practiced by everyone, even normies. Those things can be learned at any time in life. I have aspergers and I have also read a lot of self help articles that directly teach "soft skills" like how long is an appropriate amount of time to make eye contact with someone. I have found this book to be very helpful:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Category:Book:Autistic_Survival_Guide

As well as this website: http://www.succeedsocially.com/
>>
How do you get a woman to love you? No meme advice like "just bee yourself" or "get a job" pls.
>>
>>37633000
Trips confirm

Op is a faggot
>>
>>37632143
You're not a robot so i don't trust you
Reminder that you're not a robot if...
>You want to improve yourself
>Exercise
>have a healthy mind
>want a gf
>had a gf
>have friends
>have social media accounts
>have goals
>are in college or finished it
>>
does your brain really stop growing so that you can't learn new social skills past 21?

should i forget about conspiracy theory stuff?
>>
>>37633192
The first step to find a woman to love you is to meet women who will find you acceptable to be friends with. You need to work on improving your social skills while simultaneously going to places where women are. There was this guide on 99chan in like 2009 that provided direct instruction on things like how often to brush your teeth and shower if you are really starting from zero, I found it very helpful but unfortunately I cannot remember what it was called now. I will keep looking. To meet women, what I did was look for what kind of "nerdy" things there were to do in my state such as screenings for anime movies and went to these events, that is how I met my fiancee. Some of them were unpleasant and not fun and some people would be very rude to me but I just kept going to them anyway in hopes of eventually meeting people who would be my friends. It was actually easier for me to meet a woman this way to date than it was for me to learn the skills to holding down a job, which I did not really learn until just a year ago. Not being able to hold down a job was a big impediment to making the normie step of getting married.

>>37633358
I don't go to /r9k/ specifically much these days but I have been going imageboards since 2006. I want to be helpful to other people who have aspergers, social anxiety, depression, and other problems that I have faced.
>>
I've given up though OP now im just sitting and waiting for basically my death
>>
>>37633581
I like conspiracy theories but I can only talk about them with my fiancee and one other person I have met in real life because it is a mutual interest. For the sake of social harmony I have found it is often good not to talk about such things if you tried talking about them once and got a negative reaction from the person. The same goes for any other topic, but some people find the topic of conspiracy theories to be especially distasteful, like how talking about things like bodily functions is often generally considered distateful, but you may be able to meet people who don't have such an aversion and can talk about such things with them. I recommend going to "nerdy event" places to meet strange people because people go to these things specifically to make friends and meet new people and may not otherwise have any friends to do these things with on their own. Then once you meet people who are interested in being your friend, you can do things with them together outside of an event setting and become better friends with them. It is helpful to make make friends as well as female friends just to have more opportunities to practice learning social skills.
>>
>>37632143
How do I get a girlfriend. I think I'm already assured a job rn.
>>
File: 1493680222467.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493680222467.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>37632143
You're a good man, Anon. Bless your soul
>>
>>37634208
Congratulations on getting a job, anon. I talked about some of my strategies in these posts >>37633665
>>37633799 if you are able to pass a job interview you already have a lot of skills of being a presentable-looking and approachable person. Another piece of advice for meeting women is to wear a piece of clothing that relates to one of your interests. I followed the advice for many years to "hide my powerlevel" but this does not actually help you to meet women who are interested in the things you are and could potentially be interested in you. I have met many people just by saying, "I like your shirt" when they were wearing a video game or anime related shirt and people interested in these things have likewise approached or complimented me for doing the same. This is actually how I met my fiancee. I have noticed that for me, this shirt in particular gets a lot of compliments from women. I have also met close friends who were previously strangers by complimenting their shirts if they were wearing something relatively high powerlevel and not as expected as Pokemon or Zelda and striking up a conversation. This is actually a normie PUA technique called "peacocking" that I think is very applicable to meeting "nerdy" people. The normie PUA vrsion of this technique involves wearing something outlandish like a pink shirt as a conversation piece, but wearing a shirt that exposes your powerlevel has the same effect for attracting video games/anime/meme people.
>>
>>37634520
I didn't take a job interview. I did do a practice one before though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.