[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think that gender dysphoria is a mental illness or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1494396463192.gif (2MB, 870x388px) Image search: [Google]
1494396463192.gif
2MB, 870x388px
Do you guys think that gender dysphoria is a mental illness or nah?
I can personally identify with gender dysphoria, and I believe that it is.
>>
>>37619219
Honestly OP I'm not sure, I think it is since there isn't any history of Gender Dysphoria until what, the late 1900's? Maybe 80-90's and It could've been brought about by marketing and media, women were becoming more empowered, more like men, oh shit I'm a man in a female's body.
Still haven't come up with a counter that includes female in males body.

I've known a few transgender people in my time and they seem ok, fun to talk to even, but they don't have any of the characteristics that other mental illness patients have. Maybe some disassociation with society due to their view of themselves contrast to how society tells them to be.

I've no fuckin clue dude
>>
>>37619219
Does gender role dysphoria count?

I'd be ok with being physically male if I wasn't expected to be the stereotypical male.

"Just lift bro" - done it got boring as fuck
"Dominate me anon, don't stop" - yawn...
"Women will only respect you if you treat them like crap and generally show no weakness" - yeah? Oh well ... It's not like being respected by a group with no self-respect means much.
"Teehee I like him maybe if I glance at him super awkwardly he will come talk to me" - just get off your lazy ass and talk ffs.

I am just sick of society's stereotypical expectations placed on men...
>>
>>37619219
When a schizophrenic person says "Big Dairy is beaming signals in to my brain", you don't get worried and you don't take the delusions seriously. Why then is Gender Dysphoria treated with buying in to the persons delusions? It doesn't make sense.
>>
It doesn't matter. When people say "gender dysphoria is a mental illness", what they mean is "trans people shouldn't transition because it's gross, but I want to appear considerate so I'll pretend there's a psychiatric treatment that will make them stop being trans (that we are presumably ignoring for PC reasons.)" Case in point: >>37619380.

You can give anti-psychotics to a schizophrenic and they might become normal. We don't have options like that with gender dysphoria. There is no treatment. Nothing works, except transitioning. How many trannies post here every day talking about how having to choose between unending dysphoria and being an ostracized freak no one will date is making them want to kill themselves? Don't you think if there was anything at all that they could do to avoid being stuck in this shitty catch-22, they would do it?
>>
The term "gender dysphoria" is used to describe a variety of conditions, from actual genetic conditions (like mosaicism in the brain), to a form of mental illness. It is not right to generalize by using such a term. Each and every individual claiming such a condition must be subjected to appropriate testing and the treated according to the results.
>>
It's a mental illness no doubt. But not all mental illnesses are bad.
>>
>>37619219
Of course it's a mental illness, how is that even a question?
>>
>>37619573
>>37619574
Is homosexuality considered a mental illness?
>>
>>37619573
Yeah, some mental illnesses create fresh new boipucci for Chad to defile on camera and upload to the internet for robots to watch. Seems pretty good to me.
>>
>>37619588
I doubt it, it's an obvious disorder (all creatures are biologically made to breed and reproduce, when you don't want to, SOMETHING is wrong obviously) But just the same with mental illnesses, not all disorders are bad or wrong.
>>
>>37619219
As someone, with gender dysphoria, yeah.
And it is legally a mental illness, so...
>>
I wonder sometimes. My entire life I have felt I should have been born female. How should I put it...I have no great urge to be female, but I do honestly feel there was some sort of mistake when I was born male. So maybe I am just crazy and it is a mental illness. I'm going to stay male the rest of my life, and I think I can make it through ok. But in my head I know that my life would have been so much more fulfilling and "correct" if I had been born female. I'm sure my parents would have had a better life if that had happened too and been less disappointed with me.
>>
>>37619359
You care too much about what OTHER people think. Mistake.
>>
>>37619219
Its a mental illness, but if they want to drug themselves with hormones then go ahead. I'm strictly against pushing this shit on children, though. Any parents of 8 year boys who suddenly happen to "identify as girls" should have their kids taken away.
>>
File: Capture.png (111KB, 659x588px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
111KB, 659x588px
>>37619660
Actually, you can have your kids taken away if you don't respect their gender identity.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/06/new-ontario-law-enables-govt-to-seize-children-from-parents-opposing-gender-transition/
>>
yes
gender dysphoria is like body dysmorphic disorder except instead of fixating on just one feature such as your hairline or nose for example you are disgusted by the sex characteristics displayed by your entire body
it's so fucking uncomfortable to want nothing to do with your body,to not identify with your physical form at all, it's totally dehumanizing, you feel like a floating camera, it's like you toggled noclip in real life
it's really no laughing matter, it's a serious mental illness
>>
>>37619689
jesus. well, this shit can't last for long, it isn't built to last.
>>
File: 2014-11-11-history1.png (18KB, 758x405px) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-11-history1.png
18KB, 758x405px
>>37619716
That's what they said when apartheid ended.
>>
>>37619737
And now Zimbabwe which used to be the breadbasket of Africa is starving and relies on food help.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.