[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I attempt to join the military and they deem me mentally unfit/unstable,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: rt17-ssgtchambers3.jpg (43KB, 359x568px) Image search: [Google]
rt17-ssgtchambers3.jpg
43KB, 359x568px
If I attempt to join the military and they deem me mentally unfit/unstable, can I always go back and try again in the future? Or does that terminate all possibilities of me joining afterward?
>>
mentally unfit is prolly perma DQ

source: was 2 seconds away from signing contract to enlist
>>
Just go back 2 seconds later and say jk I was lying

They can't check your medical records.

I was diagnosed with depression and with a councillor and lied about it and got in.
>>
>tfw tried to join army
>lie about medical past
>succeed tests
>get "unfit for combat" during interview with officer
>join artillery instead
> find out recruitment officer fucked me over
>realise I'll get fucked for 5 years
>denounce my contract
Feels pretty bad.
Maybe I'll try again when I finish my formation, though I'll definitely avoid the ground army.
>>
>>37619172
>They can't check your medical records.

until 1. you tell them about something that they have to have med dox to verify or 2. something comes up in MEPS that you have to get documentation of
>>
>>37619195
OH ALSO

this is a big one:

if either of your parents served and/or had that military healthcare you're FUCKED

they will know all ur medical history
>>
>>37619048
LOL i used to take anti depressants and didn't put it in got cold feet and left and I passed all the tests.
>>
what happens if you join the military with bad teeth? I didn't take care of them in my early teens and have a few cavities I can't afford to get fixed now
>>
>>37619195
Well I fractured my hand at around the age of 18, being 20 now. Fully functional with no therapy. Obvious scar from the surgery. Will that fuck me over? I'm mainly worried about them deeming me mentally unfit. I don't have my drivers license or anything. Will my recruiter or whoever has me sign the contract take basic adult shit into account? I can still hold a weapon and follow orders to the letter.
>>
>>37619295
>Obvious scar from the surgery
How obvious? Have you lied about that yet?
> I'm mainly worried about them deeming me mentally unfit.
Why? In what way are you unfit?
> I don't have my drivers license or anything.
If you do sign a contract, you should put getting a driver's license high on the list of things to do before you ship
>>
>>37619174
How did your recruitment officer fuck you over?
>>
>>37619310
Dead on obvious, don't they examine you and make you squat? The full nine yards of inspection? They'll know what it is the moment they see it. I don't intend on lying about my surgery anyway. I'm confident that I have full control of my hand.

As for me being mentally unfit, I'm not sure how they'll discern me as being so. Depression has run through my family, but I've never acted upon my depression. People have been known to notice how sad I get sometimes, but I don't think it'll effect my performance. I'm a good person down to heart.

Thanks for the recommendation on the drivers license by the way. Appreciate it.
>>
>>37619314
Told me I'd get to fly drones, watch hills get blown up and use my English.

Turned out I would only lift the box of the drones, watch officers fly them, only hear the explosions and read English on the manual.
And then I learned that didn't even matter because command would ignore our choice of speciality.
>>
File: quick_rundown.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
quick_rundown.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>37619048
I told my airforce recruiter I was diagnosed with depression an he cut off all contact with me. I went across the hall to the Marine recruiter as he just told me to lie. They'll scare you in boot camp to try and get you to confess, butt just stick to the lie and you'll be fine. With the exception of you'll hate life even more for the next four years. Oh well. I've made wise decisions since.
>>
>>37619419
> Depression has run through my family, but I've never acted upon my depression. People have been known to notice how sad I get sometimes, but I don't think it'll effect my performance. I'm a good person down to heart.

none of this will come up. at all. unless you specifically take someone to the side and be like "hey depression runs in my family btw ; )"

is there anything else that has happened to you medically? you probably can still get in with that hand shit but they're prolly gonna want documents on it - meaning if you had some childhood asthma you're fucked
>>
>>37619533
I have diagnosed autism. How does that sound? Used to be on medication when I was younger, but I've been able to function normally like anyone else for the past 5-6 years or so. Most people are surprised when I tell them I have autism. Should I lie about that?
>>
>>37619736
Hmmmm

Iunno. I was diagnosed with ADD - and had to lie about it.

It depends on what rate you're trying to go. Most likely if they find out about it you're getting the boot. Thing is, if they have to pull med docs...

you see where I'm going, right ?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.