[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a higher purpose in life than having kids? I can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1491273845082.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1491273845082.gif
47KB, 306x469px
Is there a higher purpose in life than having kids? I can't think of any but I desperately need one

hedonists are not welcome in this thread
>>
>implying there is any purpose in life
If reproduction is life's purpose, it is no better than any pyramid scheme, with your potential kids as the suckers.
>>
>>37614181

I can't see how having kids is a very high purpose.

Parenting them, maybe, if you raise them to be good people. But any old fuck can have kids

>huhuhuh not you robot

Consider how the kids feel thrust onto this earth. Without a good parent, they're facing a rough go in life.

There are many, many contributions that take far more brains and work that can impact so many more people without bringing another innocent soul into this maw.
>>
I dunno. Happy people say you have to find your own purpose but I have felt purposeless for years.

All I have is a fear of being homeless.
>>
File: 1496367139466.jpg (75KB, 683x591px) Image search: [Google]
1496367139466.jpg
75KB, 683x591px
>>37614181
Sure thing. There are a lot of high purposes in life, of which having children is one of the most important.
Cultivating good friendships, doing meaningful, industrious deeds, working on a romantic relationship - these are all worthwhile purposes.
Don't listen to the nihilists. You can choose to be miserable about the nature of existence, or you can choose to be joyful of the good parts you can create within it.

Only you have the power to clean your room, bucko.
>>
>>37614181
if you are white it is your duty to have white kids, even if it means bringing them into this shitty world.

if you aren't then feel free to set your own purpose in life and seek to attain it. just don't expect society to care or understand unless you make it
>>
>>37614181
Life has no purpose. you're born then you die, get over it
>>
File: 1497043571655.jpg (49KB, 640x543px)
1497043571655.jpg
49KB, 640x543px
>>37614495
>>37614239
>being this pessimistic
it's almost like you're the authors of your own misery
>>
>>37614181
The only worthwhile purpose is to pursue the satisfaction of your own ego. Even if don't do so directly, you'll end up that way. There is no point in deluding yourself that there are "higher causes" Become your own cause and all the world becomes your property. You say hedonists are not welcome but are you not a hedonist in your desire for a higher purpose? You seek this cause not for the cause's sake but for your own. It is better to embrace this fact of reality than fight against it with delusion.
>>
>>37614432
>>37614711
gb2 /pol/ you FAG.
>>
>>37614181
Serving God.
>>
File: Day of the rope.jpg (52KB, 507x470px) Image search: [Google]
Day of the rope.jpg
52KB, 507x470px
>>37614181
Removing enemies of the Fatherland
>>
eudaimonism
>>
>>37614181
Reducing human suffering through ethical means.
>>
>>37616097
fuck off real humans with self preservation can bring themselves out of their shit-holes or at the very least survive
>>
File: file.jpg (27KB, 200x290px)
file.jpg
27KB, 200x290px
>having children and forcing them to endure endless suffering because you can't resist animalistic urges

heathen
>>
>>37616115
If you're going to be an egoist, I'll just default to the "altruism has selfish benefits" argument.
>>
File: gnosticism.jpg (34KB, 500x317px)
gnosticism.jpg
34KB, 500x317px
The highest purpose is apotheosis and reunification with the source. But a good runner up is improving human life on earth for all future generations. Improving the average standard of living, eugenics, technological advancement, cultivating philosophy, art, and overall average IQ. Having children can be an important part of that but you don't have to have children to be a part of that.
>>
>>37614181
>Is there a higher purpose in life than having kids?

Finding and completing a path to spirituality and enlightenment which may never end
Children and family can be a means method of that path
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.