[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically, you play the lottery on a whim and you win 500

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

File: 1496527613193.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496527613193.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
Hypothetically, you play the lottery on a whim and you win 500 million dollars,

What do you with the money? How does your life change?
>>
I'd spend 33%, save 33% and invest 33%

I'd buy a few properties to secure an immediate income, then buy a few cars for myself and a decked out house, not a mansion though, but a nice townhouse in a Pacific Northwest city. Then I'd give various amounts to my immediate family, enough for them to finance a house and buy a new car, maybe gift a few travel packages to my grandmas, and gaming PCs for my teenager cousins. Then I'd "invest in myself", hiring a personal trainer and nutritionist to make me fit, a fashion advice to make me look good, a counselor or psychologist to make me less of a sperg and polish some social skills.

I'd save 33% in a a good bank somewhere in a tax heaven, away from the grubby hands of the government's tax officials.

Then I'd invest 33% in a wide portfolio, with both high-risk options and more traditional investments. I could go wild on this, and I assume not having to work for the rest of my life will give me a ton of time to work out good investment plans.
>>
File: 1493148278510.jpg (251KB, 953x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493148278510.jpg
251KB, 953x1000px
i spend it all on cute anime girl figures!
>>
Hi what anime is this from please thank you appreciate it
>>
>>37614026

Establish a holding and investment corporation to both house and maintain/increase the money store. Purchase the necessities I need (house/car/some land) and then just work on self-improvement. Improving my body. Diet. Creative works (mostly writing). All things I can put my whole mind and effort towards now that I don't have 12 hour work days to slave away at.

I don't need much material comfort. Just the basics. Maybe splurge on a slightly nice home.
>>
File: f1big.png (182KB, 1000x733px) Image search: [Google]
f1big.png
182KB, 1000x733px
>>37614026
I'd go broke building a liquid flouride thorium reactor so I could generate dimethyl ether with the waste heat. I'd probably start selling DME produced conventionally after selling the LFTR hardware.
>>
Donate it. Poverty should be embraced.
>>
Honestly? Not much.

I'm 37, I've already wasted my life getting educated and I've already gotten used to working and I'm pretty low maintenance. I already live far below my means as it is.

I live in a shit one bedroom apartment, I'd probably move to a nicer neighborhood and find a nicer one bedroom or alternatively a small to medium size home. I'm just one guy, I don't want a mansion or a vast estate.

I'd still work out of courtesy but I'd probably retire at 45. Then save and invest, live off the interest and live a quiet life at home. I'd just be a NEET until I died. I don't want to travel or go partying or buy expensive cars and shit. I just want to stay at home, play games, masturbate all day, browse the internet.

I'm a boring guy. Maybe I'll hire a cute 18 year old maid to be by my side until I die but otherwise my life would be exactly the same.
>>
Aside from the token penthouse, mansion, yacht, investments, etc, I'd buy several Panzers and drive them around the British countryside and local cities with my friends. I imagine that it would be quite comfy.
>>
File: 1496872283250.jpg (562KB, 2190x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496872283250.jpg
562KB, 2190x1080px
invest it all into BITBEAN
>>
>>37614026
>buy ounce of weed immediately and treat family to dinner
>do the whole money-shower thing for my cousins with a stack of hundreds
>send mom to a better treatment facility to get clean; make the whole payment up-front
>pay off my student loans and my sister's
>buy Ford Mustang GT
>buy friend a new PS3 to replace the one that got stolen
>buy new laptop and phone
>pay off the mortgages on every house in my immediate family's possession
>no longer have to worry about paying for medical school
>set up trusts for all my little cousins
>give sissies a million each
>buy 2 years' worth of canned food and water and store it in the basement
>hoard the rest
>wear the same shitty clothes
>wear the same shitty shoes
>change nothing else about lifestyle
>tell everybody to shut up about it
>keep going to school
>still become a doctor
>>
>>37614415
Oh yeah, also I'd get an anime made about me and my squad. We came up with a heavily Jojo-inspired anime about ourselves like a year ago, and we've always wanted to make it a reality.

Not really for broadcast or anything, just a thing for ourselves to enjoy.
>>
>>37614026
Get a lawyer specializing in this sort of thing immediately. Choose to take the lump sum. I'll call my dad and my graduate school and tell them I'll be gone for at least a year. Later I will gift my father 2 million dollars (he can give what he wants to my mother). Hide away, invest most of my money in a blue chip index and live off the dividends. Start drafting plans to build secure, compact, soundproofed cells that lock from the inside as homeless shelters along with the paperwork required to make such a thing legal. Solve homelessness.
>>
>>37614026
I can drop this bullshit university and transfer to my first without issue. That much money would eliminate the single problem that kept me from starting there this past year, and that's costs/debt. I'd be able to go through four years at the school of my choice and still have millions left in the bank for any future projects, wants and needs. I wouldn't change my lifestyle at all besides maybe buying some more vidya and sex toys, so that much money could sustain my living costs for years on end.
>>
>buy nice property with decent tenants
>have rent as a constant source of income
>spend the rest travelling the world
>>
I can't think of anything to buy besides a sweet crib and a lot of expensive clothes, along with some other dumb shit I've always wanted but wasn't able to afford.
>>
File: Trumpy.jpg (207KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Trumpy.jpg
207KB, 1000x750px
>>37614264
>Not doing that already.
>>
>>37614026
immediately: pay off house for my parents, get it all fixed up real fancy and stuff, buy some property, buy a decent car and some cool cloths, gamble a bit, invest a bit, put the rest away.
>>
I'd give a few million to my parents so my dad doesn't have to work and fuck his back up even more. The rest would be a nice house and a great car. The rest I'd be pretty humble about spending. Wouldn't go crazy. I'd want a bunch for myself and set aside a couple of million as a sort of emergency fund in case siblings need a little or if I need expensive surgery or something.
>>
buy myself nice stuff as I want it. Maybe start a business.
>>
My life would be exactly the same except I'd probably lose all my loved ones when they inevitably start begging and get pissed when I don't give them anything.

I don't need to do anything special with the money because it 500m dollars. It'd take me centuries to spend all of that, I'm not going to buy stupid shit like cars so it doesn't matter.
>>
I'm not sure how getting that money works. I assume lawyers and everything. Once all of that is out of the way I leave a lot of it for my family and then leave never seeing their faces again.
>>
>>37614026
I invest in cryto and buy my grandma a new house.

I'd maybe go o a trip to japan or some fancy place like that.
>>
>>37614026
Buy a small island close enough to build a bridge to mainland. Build a mansion, airstrip, buy a few cars I've always wanted. Break Timothy leary out of prison in exchange for him making me several large paintings out of LSD blotter. Buy a harem. Invest and live off of whatever is left
>>
Honestly, if I won, I'd take the safe route, start looking up lawyers and seeing what they have to offer. I'd read up on which banks to go with, and go through all the terms and conditions of each account they offer for the amount I won. Priority will be taxes, so lets say I take home $250 million of the $500.

I'm worried my family would try to buy things that could hurt them so I'd be tight on the money but buy things for them. I'd give them money occasionally, like $50,000 for living, etc. at most at a time, but I would save at least $50 million, invest a good portion into passive income systems (real estate being one of the worst, online shit being the best) then upgrade my living.

I would purchase land in Washington, Colorado, and near Manhattan, building my own homes there and traveling back and forth as I would like to, I'd set up small art studios where I can draw and paint in peace, like a glass castle of sorts. Frequent visits to the MET, concert halls, I would address my health problems, and after I've done a good amount of what I wanted to, I would start planning how I could help others without just throwing money at them.

Definitely go back to university to chase the dream. Hire a body guard maybe. Buy a nice car for general use, and one obscenely expensive car to just look at and feel good inside, but barely take out, like a Bugatti. Would also start my own E-Sports team.
>>
>>37614026
For real not shitting you, fund 2 and 3rd seasons of animes I liked.
>>
>>37614026
Bascially just travel the world partying like a crazy person.
>>
100% on DGB
>>
>>37614285
eromanga sensei its pretty ok if you like incest
>>
>>37614026
Why do you torture me with such a scenario? I don't want to be so constantly reminded of how poor I actually am.
>>
File: 1496867949425.jpg (738KB, 856x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496867949425.jpg
738KB, 856x960px
>>37614026
I would wait for a normie to bother or inconvenience me slightly. Then I would devote my vast fortune towards slowly breaking them, mentally, physically and spiritually

only once I I'd taken my vile revenge would I retire to a isolated island villa where I would live the rest of my life in peace
>>
>>37616214

You're the Cunt of Monte Cristo
>>
>>37614026
Set myself up nice. A good, secure home, steady income off my interest.

Then devote as much money as possible into penis enlargement research. It's absolute BULLSHIT that there's several chemicals that are proven to shrink your dick, but none that safely enlarge it. I WILL discover the secret that big pharma so desperately wants to hide. And I will sell it and distribute it as much as humanly possible until big pharma sends assassins to kill me and then slander my product.
>>
>>37614414
Don't you feel like your life lacks luster?
>>
File: spider.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>37614026
I'd build a web of informants and play 4D chess with other people's lives.
>>
>>37616261
or just make realistic sexbots

>>37616303
500 million, not 500 billion
>>
>>37616326
500 million is sufficient
>>
I'd keep 50 million and invest the rest in a wide variety of shit. I'd also start a political lobbying group to quietly push my agenda.
As for how I'd live I'd buy a smallish to medium size modest home in my hometown and a nicer car but nothing extravagant. I'd built the ultimate gaming PC and do let travel meme. That's basically all. If family needed money I'd probably help them but I wouldn't be a faucet of money to be turned off and on.
>>
File: 1471224660508.gif (144KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1471224660508.gif
144KB, 126x126px
>>37614026
>I buy a 25-30 million dollar mansion
>get some solar panels on my land
>buy a 10,000$ gaming computer just to play visual novels and jack off to hentai on
>get all the windows replaced with one way bullet proof glass so I can walk around naked and let light come in
>dedicate a room to hom fitness and actually get /fit/ right in the comfort of my own home
>play vidya
>Play MMO's
>Go shopping at whole foods and not buy a few things
>Buy an expensive car and plaster my waifu on it
>drive that shit around not caring what people think
>not buy expensive clothes
>invest in some businesses
>>
>>37614026
Invest done of it move to Tennessee buy a secluded section of land build a house from the ground up complete with custom built garage with room for up 20 cars then close the door and slowly die in piece
>>
>>37614026
Buy land, build a fullly stocked nuclear bunker fitted with everything I would ever need for as many years as I could afford, live their comfortably when the nukes fall.
>>
If I won untaxed 500 million
>buy land all over America in bulk
>buy beachfront properties in tourist traps to rent out
>build a mansion on a large sum of land
>basketball court, don't play but always felt comfy
>my own private climbing/bouldering gym in my mansion
I can't really think of anything else desu. I'm pretty impulsive but also a jew when it comes to spending, so I have no idea how that would go.
>>
>>37614026
Invest it all in tech, try to make the future come quicker. Also invest in making original vidya and movies again, eg not normified. Probably some kind of endowment of robot friendly arts.

(This and a Small fund of 10million for a home and basic financial security)
>>
>>37614026
500 million is A LOT of money. Unless you're mentally retarded, you'd never need to work again. The vast majority of people alive will never spend even a fraction of 500 mil. I'd just live the most luxurious NEET life possible, just now instead of being a pathetic NEET in my dad's apartment I can be a king in my own house and can eat more than top ramen. I might buy a house, or maybe travel a bit.
>>
>>37614235
And give me 1%? :3
>>
File: 1440008914559.gif (401KB, 500x197px) Image search: [Google]
1440008914559.gif
401KB, 500x197px
>>37614026

I issue a 499 million dollar bounty on my head, then I see how long I can survive.
>>
>>37614026
I'd probably buy a large decommissioned missile silo or bunker with some acreage around it to fuck around with and try living a simple life tending to a small orchard or garden or something. Put a nice (not disgustingly extravagant, just nice) house on the land and refurbish the underground portions to be nicer, along with some landscaping to make the topside look nice. Setup a shit ton of solar panels to help take the edge off or eliminate the power bill. Private gun range and a decent gun collection. A really good computer. Maybe get something to make some money off the land as well, not sure what at the moment. Also pay for security so I don't get killed in my sleep.

If I can't find a decommissioned bunker in a place I would want to live, a private island would be acceptable.

Basically, nice property I can live on and explore hobbies while being comfy.

I'd probably buy some other properties to rent out as well.

I would get into the investment game and try to ensure my family and I could live comfortably through the generations with whatever is left. If I really had a shitload left over, I would give to some charities.

I would probably live more or less the same, but naturally would be much more paranoid about getting robbed. I wouldn't want to be flaunting around my wealth too much lest I attract gold diggers who are simply with me for the money. Instead of dying alone I'd probably die surrounded by people trying to take my money.

I'm sure I could probably come up with something more creative though, like moving to some shithole third world country and living like a king or founding an independent nation for /r9k/ on some island or a Sealand type deal.
>>
>>37614026
>Pay for everything my dad/mom/bro could ever need
>buy a house for me, dad, mom, bro and for 2 friends.
>spend in a few business
>live my life normally but without stress because now i know that even if i fail at everything, i still will be able to live without being a burden to anyone.
>>
Assuming it's 500mil after taxes
>give 100mil to dad, ask him to share that with family in whichever way he sees fit
>buy a small studio in a nice neighborhood of a big city
>buy a small house in the suburbs
>renew wardrobe, buy a new computer, whatever
>invest 200mil in something safe so I can live off that for the rest of my life
>blow the rest of the money on luxury shit and travelling
>NEET it up
>>
>>37614026
I imagine I'd buy a fairly affordable house in a neighborhood with fiber internet, and create a budget that would allow me to live work free til 90 with a backup 10 million specifically set aside for emergencies.
>>
Pay off my parents' houses and buy places to live for my siblings too.
>>
I'd buy or build a house and move into it. Learn to drive and buy a car. Make sure my family and friends have all their needs covered, and then finance some of my acquaintances creative projects and hare-brained business ideas for the hell of it. Some of them might not even be total losses.

I'd go back to school and finish my degree, this time without being weighed down by financial insecurity. Then I'd either use my expertise to build an evil capitalist business empire, or have a couple of kids by some gold-digging boy toy or through sperm donations, or devote the rest of my days to doing academic research. Whatever would seem appealing to me at the time.

The end.
>>
Buy vast tracks of cheap land

Become a feudal lord with my own brand of historical LARP

Basically Armish but more autistic

Invite various others to play this weird game

Hope is to become self sufficient and breed generations of technologically illiterate weirdoes

I'd do this for various extinct cultures and time periods.

I want a little Anglo-Saxon civ and Roman civ that speak old saxon and Latin.
>>
>Pay off credit card bills.
>Buy my parents a house.
>Buy obnoxious craft beer and belittle people who haven't heard of it.
>>
>>37618001
I made this post:
>>37617140
But you got me thinking, I'd probably want to setup an estate up in Canada or somewhere. Basically I'd run it like an enlightenment village, except in with full modern amenities. So instead of a blacksmith we'd have 3d printing forge and instead of guardsmen with spears the estate would be home to a large private military company.

I'd try to build up the village by offering an ideal lifestyle to accepted residents, complete with good pay, fully styled streets and parks, working environments full of decent people and an of course the 17th century European aesthetic. For money I'd sell the services of these companies, which should be super productive, to the outside world.

My own home, where I'd live with any friends I really like at the time, would be built in this aesthetic, with the crest of house (my surname) carved on the gated entrance. The area around the house would have greenhouses to emulate different environments, there would be really well looked afters lawns and lakes surrounded by trees and there would be small patches of crops like pumpkins and corn and wheat.
Inside it would have rooms for gaming, spa's, garages for all kinds of cool vehicles and stuff like bowling alleys.

I'll post more if there's interest
>>
>>37614026

Easy.

> Buy large plot of land for my own personal nature reserve
> Build custom home on said land and have a large garden for growing fruit/crops
> Have underground area, this is where I'll have various things including my own personal museum
> Make sure all the species on my land are biodiverse enough and that I have a large area for many species of birds to nest, including geese

I'd keep the rest and just do what I do now, which is paint minitures, read, cook and animate.
>>
i'd buy a big chunk of land with a house and some other buildings on it and start a construction business

buy a couple more motorcycles too, and maybe a boat
>>
>>37614026
I'd buy new clothes, get plastic surgery, move to America and buy and appartment there and then I would finally go live my dream (going to an American College). After all of this I would take a year off for a year-long trip through Australia to visit the nature and after all those years probably return to my home country and get a job.
>>
>>37614026
I'd order a new HDD because my old one is full and makes weird noises, I don't want to lose a terabyte of anime. Maybe buy a nice apartment with a generous garage, I hate parking my car on the street. I'd probably donate 400 Million to medical research and pray that it's enough to find a cure for my disease. In my current state, I couldn't enjoy money anyway, and I won't live long enough to see it run out.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.