[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not capable of empathising or apologising unless it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (105KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 600x338px
>not capable of empathising or apologising unless it's to my personal benefit
What's my problem, bots?
>>
>>37606522
oh my...
normies have been talking to you a lot about "the need to apologize" lately haven't they
>>
>>37606522
Normies will tell you it's psychopathy.
and i mean, it could be, but you're probably just a busy person who doesn't even think about shit like that.
>>
>>37606572
Actually no. The other day I had gone to far with a joke with someone and apologised but not because I felt sorry but because I didn't want any reprocussions if they had escalted the problem. I've noticed that this has always been my only reason for apologising to others and I'm curious as to if this how others work.
>>
Malicious bump
>>
>>37606522

"problem"? Empathy is a sickness in and of itself
>>
>>37606522
Hits close to home my dude. Literally destroyed every bond because normies don't understand:
1) I'm not going to apologise unless I genuinely feel sorry for what I've done (fat chance)
2) Overusing the sorry meme makes it lose its meaning.
Instead they think I'm an arrogant, egotistical arsehole. Go figure.
>inb4 u actually r one xd
>>
>>37606522
Pretty common, having been on the outside so long you never develop the group empathy that makes normies thrive so well in social situations.

Classic robot trait.
>>
>>37606631
I think you realized that you should apologize for the sake of social amity, but deep down thought that the motherfucker should just learn to take a joke.

That's not a lack of empathy. That's having a different standard of what constitutes an offense severe enough to cause genuine harm, but still not wanting to be that big a dick about it.
>>
>>37606522

>psychopathy
>BPD
>NPD
>autism
>schizophrenic
>bipolar

pick your poison

you literally have to have something wrong with you
>>
>>37606522
"Empathy" seems like a meme that normies just pretend to have. Society kind of needs everyone to pretend like they can understand and care for each other, so that people can buy into the idea of being surrounded by others.

If people accepted that "empathy" was a meme, they'd have to accept that everyone around them is a potential enemy only acting in self-interest.

They don't want to think that way, so they pretend they have "empathy", and they ostracize anyone who doesn't succeed a pretending they have it.

I've never felt "empathy" either, but I'm good at acting like I can feel it.

Your problem is that you're not good enough at lying/pretending.
>>
File: 1470651913435.gif (2MB, 424x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470651913435.gif
2MB, 424x240px
>>37606522
The problem is that you can't see that you're exactly like 90% of the self centered world, but think you're special enough to have your own thread.

faggot
>>
>>37608164
>you're exactly like 90% of the self centered world
w/e helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>37607882

Yes it is lack of empathy.

Empathy isn't agreeing with the other person's reaction. It's the ability to understand the mindset that preceded their reaction. You would apologize because you were able to understand that there may be a deeper reason behind his reaction to the joke, a line you may have unintentionally crossed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.