[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truth be told, I am a successful person. I may not be on the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: 1410792720471.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1410792720471.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
Truth be told, I am a successful person. I may not be on the top of the ladder, but high enough be be comfortable. What most people don't know is that I started from the bottom. The castaway, the loner, the outsider with not a single friend but a horde of enemies, the mocked.
I still enjoy this place and want to help those who want be be given a helping hand. Keep in mind that I can't solve your every problem, but maybe lay a foundation. Go and ask anything you want, I will answer as honestly as I can.
>>
File: IMG_0396.jpg (120KB, 636x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0396.jpg
120KB, 636x610px
>>37601109
Why the are you on this board? The very fact you succeeded in life means you were never a robot, at best a late blooming failed normie who finally realized his normiehood.

Now fuck off cunt.
>>
File: 1470431645725.jpg (99KB, 743x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470431645725.jpg
99KB, 743x800px
>>37601109
My digestive system is fucked up. I can't go out without thinking I got to poop. Help me, Norman.
>>
>>37601664
Try to add some fiber to your diet. Help with a lot of issues.
>>
I could be handsome, but I have acne. How do I get rid of it?
>>
>>37601706
Stay away from your regular skin cleaning solutions, they tend to worsen the situation. Try to clean your skin with a skin-friendly soap every evening, change your linen more often than usual and, if you see it as necessary, get a more expensive clinical cream or face wash from a pharmacy.
>>
File: avGqZXE_460s.jpg (8KB, 134x157px) Image search: [Google]
avGqZXE_460s.jpg
8KB, 134x157px
whats the best way to work up to a good job which pays well if i only finished highscool (UK) badly
>>
>>37601803
I am not familiar with the UK, but I can give some general advice. Try to get into a trade that pays just good enough and try to advance. I got a degree on the side, then applied for another job and got hired right away, simply because I had a degree and experience in the field, something that become more rare these days.
>>
>>37601742
This is probably rly good advice truth be told. I'm currently using gentle soap, then benozyl peroxide on zits I had to pop (they're whiteheads, so I have to or else I look deformed). I put aquaphor on scars / scabs, which seems to assist with the healing process. Anyway, I should get new linens and try some kind of fancy skin shit. Maybe a mask? I don't know.

UNRELATED: Is there any escape from being a wageslave? I'm working a job that I like, and it's paying my bills, but it seems like stocks / cryptocurrencies are an effective way to build wealth, even if they're risky. Have any experience in finance you want to share?
>>
>>37601862
>Is there any escape from being a wageslave? I'm working a job that I like, and it's paying my bills, but it seems like stocks / cryptocurrencies are an effective way to build wealth, even if they're risky. Have any experience in finance you want to share?
If you want to trade stocks, try to got for the little ones. There is no use in owning one Apple stock. I am not familiar with cryptos, but the fast gains also mean fast losses. Be aware of anything that claims to make you rich over night.
If you really don't want to slave away for another man, try to start a side hustle. It's really nice to reap in the benefits for yourself.
>>
>>37601109
In what way are you successful, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>37602020
Successful in the way that I have a steady income without the daily wish to off myself, a working family of which I am the head of and a social life that's in order, all without mental issues bugging me. A life in order, at least by my standards.
>>
>>37602050
Okay so you mean successful compared to r9k, not to normal people.
>>
>>37601109
Help me. I have BPD, autism, and OCD, I have zero interest in females in real life but get turned on by every single one in my fantasies. I cannot have vanilla sex, I need extreme fetishes to make me happy like making her live with a vibrator 24/7 without rest and have her cut off her real family in replacement for a family of blow-up dolls.

I have an addiction to knowing the history of video games. This has devolved to the point where I can no longer have fun with them, but I have fun with nothing else, leading to a sort of zombie state where I play old 90s games just to play them while not finding them enjoyable and even desiring to play modern games.

I work, but everyone at work talks behind each other's back and talks about sports/politics, neither of which I care about due to the only thing I know about being terrible video games from the 90s I don't like. Besides this I like to imagine fantasies of my waifu getting raped in various ways, this is how I spend most of my free time at the moment.

I am fat due to having terrible willpower, a lack of time to exercise (it takes an hour to and from work, so 10 hours of my day are spent there), and the fact that I am ridiculously incompetent in the material world. It took me a month to learn how to unlock a door at my job without busting it down.

I cannot handle people, yet am surrounded by them constantly. At home I have a loudmouthed family and three babies that constantly cry. At work I have loudmouthed people whistling and laughing. I get no silence or time to think.

Yet at the same time I am lonely because, being an autist, everyone pretty much talks to me out of pity and I find I cannot make any real friends unless I talk to them in a controlled environment like the internet where I can easily hide myself when I am starting to sperg out or my bad BPD side comes to fruition.

So, am I pretty much doomed or is there still redemption for me?
>>
>>37602062
Pretty much, yes. I am nothing out of the ordinary, but you can't expect to go from outside to the top. You have to go through the middle on the way.
>>
>>37602086
Fair enough. What's your job, out of curiosity?
>>
>>37602074
>So, am I pretty much doomed or is there still redemption for me?
I'd like to say there is redemption for everyone, but your cases are pretty severe. You reached a point where return is more of an abstract concept than an actual goal point, so I doubt that my online normie advice will be much help to you.
The one thing that might improve your overall situation is a battle against that lack of willpower. Character does wonders in improving even the most mundane shit, so it may make your personal life a bit more enjoyable. As for your addictions and fetishes, it might be good to have a hard reset. But that really up to you, I wouldn't know how to handle that situation of yours. Good luck, and sorry for the mediocre help.
>>
>>37601664
>I can't go out without thinking I got to poop.
Not op but I think you should eat hot soup or drink coffee or similar right after waking up and don't take shower yet or do any physical activity that may halt your digestion.

Wake up earlier so you have extra time to poo. This is coming from a person who is always late.

I think you should cut down your bread/wheat/milk/creamer consumption too. It's bad for people with stomach issues.
>>
>>37602129
>What's your job, out of curiosity?
I work as an energy engineer for a major power grid company.
>>
>>37601109
OP what's your MBTI, be honest. This is for my personal research purposes.

Another question: from a rate of 1/10 to 10/10 describe yourself physically.
>>
>>37602207
Interesting, what do you make? I'm in private equity and wealth/asset management.
>>
>>37601109
How to live with shitty apes everywhere?
>>
>>37602218
>OP what's your MBTI, be honest. This is for my personal research purposes.
>Another question: from a rate of 1/10 to 10/10 describe yourself physically.
I was typed as ISTJ not a long time ago. I guess it's a good fit. As for my physical appearance, I'd give it a 5/10. I'm not really special when it comes to looks, but I am also not bad to look at. Loosing a couple pounds would help.
>>
>>37602229
>Interesting, what do you make?
The last project that we tackled was a gas compressor for transporting natural gas from our supplier towards the smaller local grids. Fun thing to do and something I hadn't done before.
>>
>>37602074
Sounds like you're an INFJ.
>>
>>37602159
It is no worries OP, I am used to mediocre help, I just never really considered myself severe. I mean, half of my problems are self-induced issues, but it accumulates to something a bit more chaotic for me.

Not sure how to do a hard reset. I sure have tried to change my outlook. My lack of willpower is mostly because I break down when starving, I am just not sure how to avoid such an issue. I get hungry, I need food. I used to not have many problems as I am naturally nocturnal. I don't feel good during the day, problems are amplified and I am either sick or feel cramps. Plus I am more likely to get hungry, the early morning hours are extremely hard because my hunger makes it hard to think or function, and I need to keep it up for about 3-4 hours.
>>
>>37602253
>>37602253
Follow up question: Do you have any material collection?
>>
>>37602283
An INFJ? I have actually been tested pretty consistently as a INTP-T, but I am not sure if having BPD means that my second personality is a completely different MBTI.
>>
>>37602274
I meant it more in the sense of how much money you take home but that's good to know too.
>>
>>37602357
You are probably mistyped. Take this test instead http://keirsey.jung.test.typologycentral.com/
Only 29 questions.
>>
>>37602312
When I'm talking about hard reset, I am talking about stepping away from all of it. If you don't like the games you play, don't do it. If all you can get off to is strange even to yourself, keep away from it for some time. It would free a lot of time for you to use otherwise.

As for your hunger, it's really up to what you eat. I tend to eat a lot of fiber, because I had issues with my stomach and bowel and really don't want any of that to come back soon. What I found is that it keeps me filled for a pretty long time, while being low in calories.

>>37602321
>Do you have any material collection?
As in, do I collect a specific thing? I don't. I have a large collection of books, but I wouldn't say I collect them out of a habit, I just buy the ones that are interesting.
>>
>>37602383
>I meant it more in the sense of how much money you take home but that's good to know too.
I misunderstood. I earn 65,000 EUR, but I haven't worked as an engineer for too long.
>>
>>37602441
> I have a large collection of books, but I wouldn't say I collect them out of a habit, I just buy the ones that are interesting.
Yep. That's definitely ISTJ.
mostly, fiction or non-fiction books?
>>
>>37601342
Fuck off with your "le true robot" fallacy. Anyone here coule get their shit together if they chose to.
>>
>>37602524
>mostly, fiction or non-fiction books?
Divided evenly. I am a fan of management books and like classical novels. Both are abundant.
>>
>>37602074
>sexual fantasies
First paragraph is definitely Ni dom. You have extreme ideals. An INTP would open a paragraph to why reality is unfair or similar.
>unusual interest in old video games
definitely normal. I find myself in the same position as game these days lack that 90s quality and aesthetics.
>affected by what others think and thinks of fantasies in free time
That's not INTP. Fe auxiliary is for IRL fantasies/ideals. Most INTPs would think of new out-of-this-world ideas with Ne aux or contemplate the human condition with Ti dom
>i'm not healthy physically
Totally not INTP. INTPs are well known for being thin. You have inferior Se as INFJ which means inferior physical looks. INTPs have inferior Fe which means they don't understand other people and would rather be alone forever like monks in mountain or archwizards in a secret castle basement. INTPs are like zen monks and can't afford to become fat out of extreme irrational desires.
>I want to be alone from other people so i can think
wanting introverted side. nothing wrong here
>tfw too lonely and no one understands me, i want to have social interaction and friends but no one understands or they got it wrong
INFJ definitely. INTPs wouldn't care if people don't understand them because most normies are out of league to the INTP brain. INTPs would rather be alone to think than have annoying social acceptance or interaction at all.
>So, am I pretty much doomed or is there still redemption for me?
If nothing haunts you then you still have the redemption card. THe irredeemable are only those who've commited terrible crimes.
>>
>>37601664
hemorroids do that to you
>>
File: INFP.jpg (130KB, 1232x824px) Image search: [Google]
INFP.jpg
130KB, 1232x824px
>>37602430
Well, it is a bit closer than I thought, it appears this test says I am a INFP.

>>37602441
The problem is... what does one do with free time? The problem is that I justify my fetishes as being something that is part of me, plus justify the games I play by saying you must suffer to get ultimate pleasure. Plus I don't know if I hate it strongly enough to stop, nor do I know what else I would do. I guess that is my biggest problem, I have become so disenfranchised. As for playing games I would be interested in, the problem is that doing it without the checklist order that I set for myself causes intense distress to the point where I view the game with massive regret and end up hating myself and it. Essentially, trying to get to pleasure immediately just results in me disliking everything anyway.

Well, I eat Dunkin Donuts every morning to as I am otherwise starving. I usually then hold out for noon, where I eat some fast food since I am autistic to the point I cannot hold onto a sandwich without it becoming gross and destroyed, plus the fact that everyone complained the last time I brought in a sandwich because it leaked in the fridge. After that, I don't eat anything until dinner, where I eat a sandwich (right now I am eating "hamburgers" made of potato hamburger buns with ham/cheese/pickles/spicy ketchup/honey djon/onion salt/banana peppers/miracle whip). The only other thing I eat is desert, which is a few pieces of candy, I love Spice Drops especially.

I actually am very obsessive, I scare people away because I cannot stand to be alone and start breaking down if they aren't talking directly to me. I cannot go into any store with stuffed animals as they make me feel too much sadness, I feel bad they don't have a home. I try not to collect anything physically as I don't have the space, I live in a small room in the basement, so the only thing I "collect" is computer parts so I can obsess over random collections.
>>
>>37603092
>Ni dom
I should note I am well known for having extreme pessimism, though I have been trying to pick up the pieces lately.
>unusual interest in old video games
What is unusual about it isn't my choice to play them, but the fact that I obsess over games I don't even like because they are from an era I am more familiar with and because it fits into a chronological checklist filled with confusing/conflicting rules I can break but at the same time am unable to break. It is rather hard to explain, but for example I am extremely strict on playing games made on a certain engine, unless said engine had no past influences or was on an engine before that I considered unbearable to touch.
>fantasies
I also focus a lot on creativity, though I don't consider myself good at any of it.
>Monks
I am definitely not a monk. I live a life in seclusion and drown myself with distractions, but I am obsessed with talking to people. If in a place with people that isn't work, I start feeling like bawling my eyes out after 10 minutes of silence. I need constant socialization to an unhealthy degree.
>Introverted
That is what confuses me. I think I am both, simply because I like to make loud noises and do various things. But I also like my house to be a place of solitude and snap if I cannot have time for my games that I dislike as I feel I am falling behind on a quota and their voices grate me. This is the same person that constantly is begging for someone to talk to them. I think this is part of the BPD, I have always said I am pretty much the black and white to most people's grey, meaning I am either one extreme or the other with most subjects.
>acceptance
I definitely want this and cannot therefore be INTP. Normies don't understand me, but I am desperate for attention. I am a magnetic free spirit that scares those away that get to know me.
>crime
I cannot commit a crime. It isn't in my nature. Too much fear of repercussions, even if I cannot be interested in vanilla.
>>
>>37602207
>>37602274
>The last project that we tackled was a gas compressor for transporting natural gas from our supplier towards the smaller local grids
What parts of the project do you handle? I've thought about trying to go into electrical engineering but having to come up with solutions seems intimidating for someone who can barely wire up a breadboard.

Also, how did you become social and get friends? I'm trying to, and I can hold conversations with other students in my class for a minute or two, but my mindset and backstory are different from normies and it shows. I suppose I'm hyper goal-oriented, probably came from playing years and years of vidya. The motivation for the things they talk about and the way they jump topics seems foreign to me. Still don't know how to go out socially, I think facebook has killed that for anyone not already established.
>>
>>37603638
Since this is a lot of info, I'll just chop it into pieces.

> I scare people away because I cannot stand to be alone and start breaking down if they aren't talking directly to me.
You may need some alone time, as in all by yourself, for some extended time. Or go to any random social mass event, like a concert, and just engulf yourself in the mass. Be part of it without trying to be part of it. Sounds like bullshit, but do it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

>The problem is that I justify my fetishes as being something that is part of me, plus justify the games I play by saying you must suffer to get ultimate pleasure.
Of course they are part of you, but as with anything else they are objected to change. Nothing is set in stone, even the kinks you have. As in the necessarity to suffer in order to have pleasure, that's something I just don't agree on. I like sitting on lakes, there is no pain involved to enjoy a nice view of water.

>Well, I eat Dunkin Donuts every morning to as I am otherwise starving. I eat some fast food since I am autistic to the point I cannot hold onto a sandwich without it becoming gross and destroyed. The only other thing I eat is desert, which is a few pieces of candy, I love Spice Drops especially.
I don't want to sound too rude, but your diet is terrible. I guess you don't really enjoy cooking, do you?

>I cannot go into any store with stuffed animals as they make me feel too much sadness,
Don't forget that stuffed animals are just things. You don't get emotional over chairs in an IKEA shop as well, even if you put eyes on them. Seperate yourself from things in order to not feel attached to them emotionally. It's written a lot easier than done, but you would benefit from it by a lot, I guess.

>Plus I don't know if I hate it strongly enough to stop, nor do I know what else I would do.
You don't have to hate anything to stop, something the thought of it being not especially right is enough.
>>
>>37604334
>What parts of the project do you handle? I've thought about trying to go into electrical engineering but having to come up with solutions seems intimidating for someone who can barely wire up a breadboard.
Since I have a background with natural gas, I talked to the local grid people to have them build stations that actually take what we deliver, plus I had my fair share in setting up the grid to do so. As in calculating the mains, such things.

>Also, how did you become social and get friends?
I tried to not make it my main focus. Went to events that I found interesting by itself, not to meet people. Funnily, I met people. What I did was not to act closed, or trying to be by myself. If someone was in close proximity I'd just ask them a somewhat related question. If people are interested, they like to keep conversations going. I used that to my advantage. If they did not, I did not stay clingy, but moved on.
Sometimes you got to be not yourself to start things.
>>
>>37604426
>Concert
Actually I was at one not too long ago. One of the best places, it felt pretty much what you are describing. I just don't see how to apply that to every day.
>Pleasure
I just am unsure how one goes about mentally changing themselves. It sounds complicated. I don't agree with it either, in a way, and admit what I am doing feels like a waste, which depresses me. Yet I cannot stop because to stop is a waste of all I worked for, it is ruining that which I should have worked for, and there is no sense of organization.
>Diet
I don't own an oven. I live in a basement and avoid the rest of the household as much as possible as they overbear my senses. That is part of my conflict with attention, I am obsessed with it, but can quickly turn to just not being able to stand being around people and resenting that I tried talking to people in the first place. Usually it all ties back to my goal to get through the stuff I dislike, people slow down my quota, but I need people, though the quota is the most important thing.
>Emotional over chairs
Actually, it depends on the time, but I can get heavily emotional and obsessed over random objects. I may skip a meal because I felt bad that the food was to be eaten and worry about the soul of the food being upset at what I did. I may see a coat and feel an intense desire to hug it and cry into it, even if nothing is wrong. I guess I luck out that I never have set foot in an IKEA. How does one go about separating yourself from objects? It feels like they are so disrespected by others that just see them as things, that they understand me and would give me the unrequited love I ask for.
>not being right
I am obsessed with the quota. I have a drive to meet the quota. To deviate causes distress and eventually just regret as I think about where I could be on the quota for things I don't like. My life revolves around work to support my ability to meet the quota, then coming home to meet the quota. It is an addiction.
>>
>>37603989
I can't really guess your type. You probably have MPD desu
Have you ever been in a leading role?
>>
>>37604943
I wasn't kidding about the BPD. I have heard it mentioned before and it pretty much describes my issue. I am multiple people in a single body. We each know about each other, which I don't think MPD has. Plus there is a defensive mechanism or something holding it in check, my inferior side doesn't really come out unless I am left to think by myself. Usually I feel chills between the transitions, which sounds like I am trying to say I am Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde. In a way it is, my other side holds a lot of resentment for reasons even I don't understand. She is asexual, hates everything and everyone, and pretty much lives to be miserable as she hates being a human. I cannot really function or do anything as her, I am not sure if she even has the capacity to like things.

I try to avoid leading roles. I am a leader of myself, I like to do my own thing, but I cannot stand telling others what to do. I don't like the idea of controlling people. In general I have a weird/conflicting mindset of wanting to create something that lasts the ages while at the same time having done nothing to ensure I kept the balance of society the same as it otherwise would have been. Unless it is those fetishes, in which case I want to be somewhat like a dominant but with perhaps even more control if that is possible.
>>
>>37604737
>How does one go about separating yourself from objects?
By seeing them as things and nothing more. They have no feeling, they are stuff. Build a chair and you'd see, it's just a mechanical assembly, as with everything.
>>
>>37605538
Well, I put together my computer, so I am not sure if that is true. If anything, you get more emotionally attached to the point you see it as one of your waifus and start getting heavily protective of it.

They are things. They are materials. But are you sure they cannot feel? What evidence do we have of them having or not having a soul when we ourselves cannot tell if we have a life force inside of us? Maybe, just maybe, there is an appreciative waifu inside of my computer who loves me for giving her the love nobody else would give.
>>
>>37605170
You're really an interesting person IMO and I think someone out there would have interest in you.
Just invest on your looks and physical health and everything will be fine.
Girls treat guys who look good better regardless of their personality.
>>
>>37605643
>Maybe, just maybe, there is an appreciative waifu inside of my computer who loves me for giving her the love nobody else would give.
No.

>But are you sure they cannot feel?
Yes.
>>
>>37605671
I have a magnetic personality that makes it dangerous due to the fact that, around new faces, I often draw them in like bugs to a light. I have no idea what I do, but I have seen too many just like me to deny it.

The problem is, as I said, I am autistic and have multiple personalities. I am not a good person for someone to stay friends with. Usually I tend to be an unstable amount of emotional baggage because I can never be happy, I tend to feel forgotten about or ignored because nobody bothered to talk to me. I am the type that prefers others to take the initiative, at least at some point, so I don't feel like I would be easily forgotten otherwise. Yet I am also the type to dislike it if we spend too much time together and it doesn't feel "productive" because I have a quota to meet, meaning those that could satisfy me emotionally end up making me feel terrible as I feel bad trying to focus on my own hobbies to the point I will distance myself from them to focus on said hobbies, where they logically will stay distanced from me even when I am back and need love again. I basically can't win.

I don't know the first thing about looks, nor would I really want to put much effort on looks, because I care much more about my own personal comfort. I don't like wearing fancy suits or anything with a collar, I am hypersensitive to most types of clothing, thus it is hard to look good.

Physical health, I am trying. I am starting to take quarter mile walks to burn off some calories. My diet isn't the best, but a lack of an oven prevents better, plus the taste of food is one of the things I can enjoy among a day with slow work and a stressful quota. It is one of the rare times my enjoyment doesn't get linked with some negative emotion that holds me back.
>>
>>37605689
How can you be so sure if souls cannot be scientifically proven. How do you know beanie babies don't come to life when made, but feel depressed because they know their lot in life is to be mostly forgotten, which leads them to a life of depression and begging for a bit of compassion. You know I am an emotional wreck when writing this is making me upset to the point I am starting to struggle to see, I just care too much for them and wish to weep with them. I admit they are things, they are not people, but they deserve love...passion...care.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.