[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have -2 seconds to explain why you don't take 1 hou

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (84KB, 1336x799px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
84KB, 1336x799px
You have -2 seconds to explain why you don't take 1 hour out of your day of sitting on 4chan to do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Why not pursue the dream of becoming an elite grappler by rising through the ranks from white belt to black belt in the most effective martial art to cross into the northern hemisphere?

>1) self defense
The fundamentals has aspects of self-defense in it. You get to learn the basics of how to compose yourself if somebody becomes aggressive and puts their hands on you. You feel less awkward because you have some idea of what to do with your body in a fight.

>2) the art
After you get past the argument about whether or not it works against diversity "on da streetz," then you can appreciate the art. The art of it is understanding how to manipulate somebody else's weight and find your way from the bottom of a roll to the top of it. You become a person of culture just by showing up and enjoying yourself!

>3) being competitive
You don't even need to be that competitive. I know you would never actually fight somebody. You have the opportunity to try to win in a cerebral environment around many understanding people. There is absolutely no shame in tapping out.

>4) respect
You're never too fat or out of shape to start. Everybody shares the vision of progression in the art. Everybody started somewhere and became humble by showing up and getting beat up. It doesn't matter if you start out really weird and autistic or super skinny and shy. They like you for the simple fact that you showed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20d7exjCpC0
>>
>>37593914
Because kickboxing. Though I would like to learn sambo and maybe a little krav maga.
>>
I'm studying the art of "packmore bowls jutsu"
>>
>>37593914
shut up faggot, my money is on you only doing BJJ for under a month and thinking you're tough shit, I bet you don't even know what a side control is or how to get into one, kill yourself.
>>
>>37593914
I dont want to get fungal aids humpwrestling sweaty men every week
>>
>>37593914
I prefer gun-fu.
>>
Cause I practice taekwondoe, a real martial art
>>
File: kurtosianderchoke[1].jpg (27KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
kurtosianderchoke[1].jpg
27KB, 600x313px
>>37593933
Kickboxing is not a robot sport. There are no punches in BJJ, so no robot ever ha to worry about getting hurt.

>>37593935
Never heard of it, but good job, anon!

>>37593942
I've been doing it for 3 years now. I could tap you blindfolded, kiddo.

>>37593959
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/health/27brod.html

If you live in a super-sanitized environment, you can develop auto-immune disorders. You're actually becoming healthier by being exposed to germs because your immune system gets exercise just like your body. If you wash your clothes and take a shower, you will be better for the experience.

Pic related, robot BJJ person
>>
>>37594022
There is nothing artistic, competitive or respectful about guns. While it is good self-defense, you do not get to be part of a community that helps you improve yourself as a person just because you carry.

>>37594025
Kicking, again is not a robot sport. The idea of enduring the pain of a kick or striking an opponent is too much for the robot that is too fragile. Perhaps they show the nervousness of a virgin because they're afraid. Jiu Jitsu helps them develop that into a strength rather than a weakness to be disregarded.
>>
>>37593914
Bump! Wake up, sheeple your original future awaits!
>>
>>37593914
because its probably expensive.
>>
>>37593914
>martial arts

I may be a sperg, but fucking come on man that's some real fedora shit.
>>
>>37593914
I want to be as good a fighter as Alexander Solonik.

That isn't happening.

Ergo, no reason to try.
>>
I am not a homosexual.

>>37594036
>You're actually becoming healthier by being exposed to germs
Dude, there's clearly a difference between contracting herpes or fungus and testing your immune system by having some inconsiderate douche cough on you on the train.
>>
Lol, you want these people who barely leave their beds to go out and grapple some other dudes?
Not happening bro.
>>
Chad fears it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BquW9SQFkU
>>
>>37593914
I want to build an exoskeleton so I can shatter someones entire ribcage in a single punch or rip their limbs off in a grapple and become the founding father of cyborg martial arts.
>>
>>37593914
I don't want to.
Simple as that.

(It wasn't original! Oh no!!!)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.