[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this allowed /r9k/? >AC suddenly not working, blows

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Why is this allowed /r9k/?
>AC suddenly not working, blows air but not cold
>Friend refers me to company #1
>Call them and the next day this cuban driving a nice pickup comes to my house
>Inspects unit and says that the compressor is done for and needs to be replaced which would cost $1600
>Despite being a 2014 model with the fan motor working
>Give him 50 bucks for the service call and decide to have a second opinion
>Company #2 guy arrives in 1 hour of calling he tells me to turn the AC on and he gets straight to work
>Within 1 minute of looking at it he says "I know what's wrong" to his partner he's training
>Says the capacitor is burned, replaces it, and it starts working
>70 dollars for the service call and 70 dollars for the part and I have cool air again

So tell me /r9k/, why the fuck is this allowed? I almost got scammed out of 1600 because of this cuban fuck. I basically paid him 50 dollars to scam me while the other person got the full 140 and fixed it in 5 minutes. What would you do.
>>
>>37591475
You could only hire white people and cut out like >80% of the scammers probably.
>>
>>37591505
Makes sense. There are a lot of hispanics and blacks here. No wonder Cuba is a communist shithole with everyone scamming each other and taking 6 hour siestas.
>>
>>37591475
Btw the scammer company has full 5 star reviews. Why...
>>
>>37592541
Maybe it was a legit company and some group of shitty people bought it. I feel like business owners often aren't even aware of shit like this.

There are tons of home repair scams.
>>
>>37592541
Because his 200 cousins bumped up his rating
>>
>>37592600
It was the owner that came to inspect the unit. But I understand what your saying. Like a rogue worker that works for the company may try to scam me without the owners realizing. Unfortunately this was not the case.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.