[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Just offer to work for free, Anon. It shows you're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: 1484160155399.jpg (46KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484160155399.jpg
46KB, 645x773px
>"Just offer to work for free, Anon. It shows you're enthusiastic!"
>>
>>37589470
>tfw got into a field desperate for people to go into
>tfw doing something you actually enjoy
>tfw internships are nonexistent here
>tfw make more money than most people my age do
Feelsgoodman
>>
This actually works, though.

>offer every prof at local university volunteer work
>offered a job
>one prof I turned down offers to get lunch with me to talk about his research
>the prof I am now working for and the one who wants to do lunch both offer student research scholarships

Offering to do free work and actually doing it are two different things, OP.
>>
Doing internship/volunteer work is nice for the experience, but some people are really struggling to get some money and can't afford to be using up their free time for work with no pay. Rather work right away and get the money to afford living expenses then work for free and rely on someone else's income for the time being.
>>
>>37589896
Is it under the condition that you suck them off?
>>
>>37589896
>>37589953
>being a slave is a good way to show off that you can be a reliable wagecuck

you dont say
>>
i used to be a good designer but i quit and joined a construction union because too many people are willing to work for free

enjoy working for free forever
>>
>>37590020

how fit and smart do you have to be to go into construction?

Never finished college because wasn't good with writing and math.
>>
I did volunteer stuff for years bc the "networking" meme, everyone said it would look good for resumes and scholarships but I couldn't even get a job at Walmart. Finally paid off tho bc I met my current employer through volunteer for something completely unrelated and now I get paid 15/hr to use 3D printing software and work a laser engraver
>>
>>37589984
>slave
Ah, yes, two adults in a consensual work agreement that either party can leave while being monitored by government workplace standards is literally the same as picking cotton for massah.

NEETs are sad. I was one. I am way happier now that I am doing something I like with people I admire.
>>
>>37589984
you need to grow up anon

did a slave design the computer you are using? did you enslave that person?
>>
>>37589470
the problem is I'm not actually enthusiastic. and I'm not good enough at faking it to convince others that I actually am.
>>
>>37590332
>did a slave design the computer you are using?

yes ,slaves also built our society as well under the guidance of a leader.

You should focus on becoming the man who gives instructions rather than the one being dealt them
>>
how are you supposed to get a job when entry-level places ask for references?

It sucks that I can't drive. Can't really afford my own car and insurance right now. Let alone pay someone teach me to drive.
>>
>>37590297
it is boy

im supposed to believe that getting up early , stumbling to get ready for work all without pay for the CHANCE to get a job is not slavery?

Its no wonder corps are getting even greedier when you have people either working for scraps with no sense of standards

Internships exist solely to create complacent sheep for the workplace
>>
>>37590368
why would I want to be a leader any more than I want to be a worker? I want to be neither of those things.
>>
Why is getting a job so hard?
>>
>>37590064
i joined the operating engineers union and they had an entry exam that you needed to get 75% in to pass

it was mostly math and physics.. i'd say grade 9 or 10 level

i asked my smart woman chinese doctor student friend to help study and thanks to her scored 85%.
if you know pi and triangles, you should be ok

despite what people say about uni being a waste of time i don't think i would have had the chance to even write the test without a degree
>>
>>37590505
One has power freedom.The only things that matter in life
>>
>>37590368
>You should focus on becoming the man who gives instructions rather than the one being dealt them

Everyone takes instructions from somebody, even CEOs answer to the board

even steve jobs got fired from apple
>>
>>37590520
>Why is getting a job so hard?
it's not

getting a good job is hard, getting a job is not
>>
>"Just offer to work for free, Anon. It shows you're enthusiastic!"

what the fuck kind of lives do you fuckers live ? who the fuck would ever say that to anyone else in their life ?
>>
>>37590556
Why would I want power? Having, maintaining, and wielding power is a lot of work, and it's only useful at all if that power can get you something you want. If it can't it's nothing but a burden.
>>
>>37590020
Yeah, pretty much
>Keep telling e everyone to work for free
>Working for free becomes the standard
>Impossible to find any jobs because everyone is taken by someone who does them for free
How long until you have to pay to work for free?
>>
>need job
>but can only work noon and afternoon hours
>no driver's license

I wish I was an artist or good with computers so I can work at home at least. I don't even have a decent enough computer to stream on Twitch.
>>
>>37590589
you can get what you want , you can do what you want and depending on the amount nobody would have authority over you.

Its all about status kid and whether that person has authority over you.

Im pretty sure most of us would have rather never gone to school or would prefer to own some illegal substance but people bigger than us stop us from doing it
>>
>>37590522
Best six years of your life lost in there
>>
>>37590583
The kind of people who have a very good paying job.
>>
>>37590661
What if what I want is to not have to have responsibilities?
>>
>>37590672
how do you mean? i love my life now that i bring home 80k a year
>>
>>37590520
Unless youre a trans anon. Then youd have better luck (insert something impossible) than that
>>
>>37590705
Like a nomad?

You have to abandon society at that point assuming they let you.

Im a native and its illegal for me to live like my people did in the old times
>>
>>37590583
My dad and mom tells me that. I've told them to stop telling me that bullshit because it will never lead to anything, especially since I'm a high school drop-out. They don't seem to get that there's no jobs available nearby or real shit slavery tier jobs with shit pay. Besides there's literally no reason for me to work since I'll never be able to afford anything of value anyways, no housing(given to all the disgusting refugees FOR FREE), cars are expensive and cost a lifetime of work and I don't even have a license.

I'll never, NEVER work for free. I'd rather die a poor fuck than submit to literal slavery.

>"it might lead somewhere, you never know :^)"
Fuck off, no it won't unless you're a lucky normalfag or Chad.
>>
>>37590715
And it only took you six years to gain permission for a test you could have done all along
Really puts the fa t that college is just a money wall you have to pay and endure in order to get a job Wich you never even needed college in order to be able to do in perspective
>>
>>37589527
whats the field anon? be specific please.
>>
>>37590809
i'm glad i went to uni. i made a lot of friends and did a lot of drugs

probably could have done the test regardless but i wouldn't be in a better place now

>also my parents wanted me to go, so they paid for it + scholarships so i have 0 debt
>>
Data Entry is a meme

You're also doing the job of a receptionist so you're not just sitting at a computer filling out data entry forms. You're making phonecalls and talking to visitors.
>>
>>37590297
>option 1 (slave): stuck working for a single master, but he'll take care of your basic needs for life
>option 2 (wage-slave): can choose different masters, but the vast majority treat you like an easily replaceable piece of shit and will do everything in their power to escape any responsibility for your needs
>>
File: 1494298176919.gif (407KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494298176919.gif
407KB, 250x250px
>>37589527
what is the point of this bragpost?
>>
File: 4L_OBN79Ukk.jpg (30KB, 353x461px) Image search: [Google]
4L_OBN79Ukk.jpg
30KB, 353x461px
>>37590658
>tfw good with computers
>been interested since I was 13. 23 now
>small town with no internships into technology related fields when I graduated
>all the tech jobs are school district and local government IT jobs
>no verifiable experience other than the tech support I've supplied to myself and family members
>not exactly an expert but definitely advanced compared to normies

Apparently now there's a ton of internships but you have to be in high school. I'm working an okay job right now and saving up to buy the textbook and take the test to get A+ certified. It's cheaper than college and tuition. I refuse to cuck myself with student loan debt. Scared I won't get a job with the degree because this market is getting saturated because MUH DIVERSITY. Also because I wouldn't be able to pay off the loans in a reasonable amount of time. I'm hoping to get a job with either the school district or the local gov.
>>
>get job
>working 2 weeks and still LEARNING the job

I hate being slow.
>>
hard part about finding a job as a robot:
-most of the available jobs involve customer service or talking to clients/representatives
-lack of experience
>>
>>37591659
>hard part about finding a job as a robot
>severely crippling mental/physical illnesses that make it impossible
FTFY everyone else are just lazy cunts and failed normies
>>
>>37590626
It already exists.
There companies who sell internships placements for a few thousand dollars a pop.
I could have probably gotten into one but the notion that my parents would pay a fee for me to work for some rich conglomerate was beyond disgusting
>>
>>37590520
Because companies have unrealistic expectations and a massive amount of people to choose from. At least that's how it is here, I can't even get a dishwashing job without 2 years of experience. Meanwhile people out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere have no trouble, I'm kinda envious.
>>
"Anon, let's say we do hire you. We hire someone who is 25 , has no work experience, has no references, has no education, can't drive, lives with his mom, and lacks basic life skills. How would that look good for the company? How do you think your co-workers would react if they found out you're 25 and fast food is your first job? Anon I can consider hiring you because I believe everyone deserves a second chance, but if you can't learn the job within 2 weeks I will have to let you go. There are many people applying for this job and it would be unfair to hire you instead of someone way more qualified."
>>
You have nobody to blame but yourselves. I got my first job the summer going into senior year of HS, I was 17 at the time. Made $9/hr. In college I worked another job part time. While I was finishing up college, I interned. Then when graduated at 22 I had a job/career lined up for me. Am now 26 making 6 figures. I do not feel bad at all for any of you. When I was working, you were home playing video games. When I was busting myself at work, having to study and work at the same time, you were jacking off and playing video games. Now you have to deal with real life, and you're too far behind. Sucks to say but you basically ruined your life.

Have a good time :)
>>
>>37593060
You're funny. I wish I got trial hire chances.
>>
File: yesgoodgoy.png (14KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
yesgoodgoy.png
14KB, 501x585px
Yes, that's a good goy. It's a win-win for everyone. You'll see!
>>
>>37593125
>"When I was working, you were at home playing video games."
I wish faggot
>>
>>37593198
>:)
Don't give them (You)s, it's not even good bait.
>>
>>37593198
He's mad that he's going to be paying the brunt of our collective NEET bux once universal basic income kicks in.
>>
Why is finding a job so hard these days... I legit want to kill myself.
>>
>>37593438

>public transport sucks
>the ideal job is a 30-40 minute drive from your home
>you need to fill out the REFERENCES form or else you can't submit an online application
>hundreds of others are applying for the same job as you
>you need soft skills like QUICK LEARNING, SOCIAL SKILLS, SPEAK MORE THAN JUST ENGLISH, 120 WPM,
>if you haven't been working since you were 16 you pretty much have to rely on networking on miracles to get a job
>everything good requires an education and being a normie
>you need a car
>you need a smartphone that can handle MMS and you need a data plan or else boss can't send you your work schedule :C
>companies have to uphold a certain reputation so hiring a NEET is out of the question
>lots of entry level work places are severely understaffed and manager/employees may not have the time or patience train new hires . QUICK LEARNERS and those with experience are a must
>>
File: 1468188656034.png (815KB, 814x883px) Image search: [Google]
1468188656034.png
815KB, 814x883px
>>37589470
>tfw no gf

This is the most original comment in the world
>>
>>37593438

>live in a society where parents are too busy to teach their kids life skills
>kid grows up unprepared to take on the adult life
>job search hard because person didn't learn to socialize, drive, and develop a strong work ethnic
>>
>>37590020
Yeah I went to school for graphic design and can't find shit. My parents are trying to convince me to get into trades but I'm not interested in a physically demanding job.
>>
>>37590572
Incorrect. Because the economy is shit in a lot of places, employers are super picky. I tried dropping my resume off at fast food places, dollar stores, hotels and other shitty jobs and they all expect experience nowadays. People act like you can just walk into any mom and pop diner and ask to be a dishwasher, give a good handshake and get the job on the spot. That doesn't work anymore. For an entry level position you're going to be competing with a lot of people.
>>
>>37590803
if you were my son, i would kill you
>>
>>37592558
>Meanwhile people out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere have no trouble
What does that mean? I live in bumfuck nowhere and have applied everywhere in town, some multiple times for over a year now and nothing. At least in a city you have more job options. Living in a tiny town is fucking shit
>>
If you don't have a value for your time, your time has no value.
>>
>>37596859
Fuck off faggot
Originalio
>>
>>37596859
wow thata deep dude are you a philosoph?
>>
File: CyFyMRL.jpg (257KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
CyFyMRL.jpg
257KB, 800x1199px
>>37593125
When you were playing video games, I was working.

When you were jerking off, I was having to study and work at the same time.

Now you have to deal with real life you have the audacity to come to me for help?
>>
>>37592558
>>37596851

Yeah, it's ironically even worse in small areas. Where in more populated areas it's hard getting in because of the number of other applicants, in rural areas they just don't even have anything to apply to. They're working at Walmart for the foreseeable future and counting their fucking blessings for it.
>>
>>37596877
>>37596884
Negros, I am saying that if you let people take advantage of you, they will, that's all. Remain calm.
>>
File: 1489751982259.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489751982259.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>>37589470
I work better when i work for free because i dont feel worthy of getting paid
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.