[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone worked out why severe depression the likes found on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: smug frog.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug frog.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
has anyone worked out why severe depression the likes found on r9k and similar sites commonly deteriorates into a sensation of general smugness and contempt for everything. the smug pepes are so accurate, during my worst periods i just ate shit with a smile and reveled in it
>>
File: 1496954592590.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496954592590.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>37586989
Once depression gets the upper hand of you, you become so sad nothing cheers you up and you fall into apathy, stopping giving a fuck about anything and everything. Then you realize you've been in perpetual hell and somehow are still alive. You may appear to others as extremely frail, but in fact, you're more resilient than normies who would have killed themselves if they had been in your situation. This makes you feel superior to them. On the other hand, you know deep inside you don't deserve anything good, and you revel in whatever shit you may get. It's shit but it's still something. Furthermore, life has given you so much shit you don't even care and have actually grown to enjoy it. You have kind of reached enlightenment: you smear yourself in shit and become one with it. You ARE shit. Now you're at the bottom of any mainstream hierarchy, but if you turn that hierarchy upside down, you're actually at the top, or at least so close you might as well be the pinnacle of this construct. Now you're the best at being the worst. You have finally won, achieved, and gained something. You are superior to anyone and anything else at one field. This of course makes you smug. You finally got to drink a sip of the goblet of success, even if the liquid you were dispensed to may taste bitter and urinous, but again, you're so accustomed to shit and piss flying on and at you from every imaginable and unimaginable direction simultaneously and non-simultaneously that you no longer care or even may relish it all. You like it when others don't. You have the most refined taste in piss and shit. In some sense, you are very cultured. You win again. You become even more smug. This is now a constant feedback loop. You get shit. You enjoy it. You're the best shit connoisseur. You get more shit. You keep enjoying it. You get even better. Your sense of superiority increases. This cycle goes on and on. Yet you don't kill yourself. You don't need to. You may be shit but finally happy.
>>
page 10 save rave for no apparent reason
>>
>>37587373
I'm sort of like this irl I walk around as an alpha, I'm to depressed to care, even going gym doesn't make me feel better, I still do it just so I can rock climbing with no safety gear one day and hopefully find peace.
>>
>>37587373
This post opened my third eye, thank you anon
>>
>>37586989
normies get mad and say
>yyou can't be smug u virgin u sad little virgin
in reality we are not attached to earth if we die no regrets if they die they lose friends,family,status,money they have everything to lose we don't
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.