[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>realize that r9k is probably not helping my mental state

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: jeff.jpg (7KB, 176x171px) Image search: [Google]
jeff.jpg
7KB, 176x171px
>realize that r9k is probably not helping my mental state
>decide im gonna take a break from it, possibly never come back
>wake up and immediately start browsing r9k

Why do I like this place so much? Its fucking terrible
>>
>>37584253

Because youre a flaming faggot
>>
File: IMG_9807.jpg (69KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9807.jpg
69KB, 1014x1024px
>>37584253
I tried to leave months ago.
I can't.
I don't know why.
I don't even like it here.
>>
File: 7lZwLKc.jpg (85KB, 511x606px) Image search: [Google]
7lZwLKc.jpg
85KB, 511x606px
same here
we fell int the abyss
now we all are dam sons and dam daughters now
>>
It's the only social interaction we have. Even if we have a couple of friends, assuming they aren't memers, they don't really "get it", you know? Not saying we're special snowflakes but it's easier to talk to people that are in the same situation generally.
>>
This is our only home. We are ostracized everywhere else. We can only relate to this place. We crave social interaction while we reject it in real life because we've felt rejection so many times in real life that we don't know how to face it. So we hide here and share our misery.
>>
>>37584253
Its the only place where you feel like you can truly relate to people. Or at least it is for me.
>>
>>37584253
its simple anon we like abuse and we have all been pilled, after years of browsing half the robots turned gay and out of that half they turned into traps I'm fighting it off atm but I wouldn't doubt soon I'll be jerking off to dickgirls and other homo shit
>>
I dont even agree with the women hating shit, I find it pretty cringe desu. I usually just come here for the comfy threads, but those have seriously diminished since winter has gone
>>
We're sharing a drink we call loneliness, but it's better than drinking alone.
>>
It feels good to have your beliefs reaffirmed. This board is an idea silo.
>>
I've said it before: going on hobby boards is like smoking weed, going on /pol/ is like doing cocaine, and going on /r9k/ is like mainlining heroin cut with Fentanyl
>>
File: forever.png (258KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
forever.png
258KB, 600x439px
>>37584253
Because 4chan moves fast enough that it doesn't get boring if you like the format and everything else feels fake and cancerous compared to the conversations you'll find here, because everyone creates a character when they choose a pseudonym on a social media site.

None of these conversations matter. They're not tied to the real you unless you want them to be. That's why it's so great; It's raw, unfiltered humanity.

>t. 10 years on
>>
>>37584253
I'd stop lurking /r9k/ but the thing is that my life is terrible and I hate myself, if I'm not listening to music to calm my shit down I can't keep going

This place is the only one where I can ''relate'' you know?
>>
>>37584253
You like it because the posts are very funny
>>
>>37585451
I have to add, on top of hating myself I hate everyone else too, well maybe not hate but really dislike
>>
>>37585420
I like your explanation but I just enjoy this website so much because it is anonymous. I can call someone a filthy nigger in one thread and then in the next thread (or sometimes even the same one) discuss philosophy or a movie or a book. Whatever I post, it will be forgotten within seconds and I can really scream what I want to scream. I can really say what I want to say.

t. wagecuck
>>
>>37584253
idk anon i managed to quit this website for 2 months during winter and just used leddit but i came back after those 2 months..
>>
>>37584253
I LOVE YOU R9K
R9K I LOVE YOU, EEYES I DOO
>>
File: gaef4981.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
gaef4981.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>37584253
Same. I'm here every day too, except I'm not a sperg and live with my girlfriend.

I come for the autistic screeching.
>>
File: 1473984475613.jpg (29KB, 399x464px) Image search: [Google]
1473984475613.jpg
29KB, 399x464px
i feel at home here
it sucks that were being raided by alot of shit but what can you do
>>
You'll leave when you're ready. i routinely come back here every year when i'm doing very badly. this is the only community i can truly be myself and relate to everyone
>>
File: 1495797325116.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495797325116.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
With the normie and fembot invasion happening on /r9k/ this year I got caught up with the wrong crowds on Discord. I've limited my time on /r9k/ and left all but one Discord server. Still working on completely quitting this place but at least I don't come on here as much as I used to. We're all gonna make it outta here..
>>
>>37584253
It's a habit, it isn't your will that's drawn to this website, it's the reptile brain keeping to a habit it formed.

I've read the first few chapters of The Power of Habit recently and they basically describe a habit as a kinda process that starts with a cue, is defined by a routine and ends with a reward. To change a habit and really stick with it you need to recognize the cues (such as boredom or loneliness in this case) and replace what you do with them while somehow keeping the same reward, most of all you have to believe in something bigger than yourself, such as a god, a community or some other defining force or purpose. If you can change your routines and have a belief in something to solidify the new habits then you could quit 4chan and all of your other vices and improve yourself for the better.

Helping other people through charity or helping your family or friends every time you have a craving to browse 4chan may be a good idea, or you could do pushups or a math problem each time the impulse comes up.

We are creatures of habit, if you change your habits you change yourself.
>>
In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.

but originally
>>
>>37584253
we all hang out with people who somehow share our fate. /r9k/ has helped me. it takes my mind off suicide or mass breakdown.
>>
>>37585420
>>37585524

Deep shit m8s
I back you, like, totally
>>
File: 1476481437326.png (860KB, 809x747px) Image search: [Google]
1476481437326.png
860KB, 809x747px
>>37584253
in the past ive cold turkeyed it and come back in a week or month, but when the new year started I slowlty phased out from it and stopped using 4chan for 5 months or so (was tired of all the varg threads, fembot threads etc..)

in that time i
>had more free time to game
>spent more time job searching
>got a shitty retail job
>meditated and felt better in my own skin
>became more nihilistic and "dont give a fuck" attitude strengthened
>got back in touch with a few friends

i'll never be a normie but i feel a bit more human than before, ever since I got the job i felt lonely as fuck and the compulsive need to come back here and be with my real family.
>>
>>37587497
I cold turkeyed 4chan for a week and wanted to kill myself. It made me realize that I have nothing and nobody else.
>>
>>37587809
try go for longer, i felt like that too but if you endure your non 4chan circumstances for a while your mind will adapt and you'll start doing things you wouldnt normally do and be more productive.
>>
File: 1473948147035.jpg (117KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473948147035.jpg
117KB, 640x640px
>>37584253
it's the most interesting place I know
that's why I cannot leave
>>
>>37587854
That's probably true, I'm going to struggle getting myself to do that simply because of how unpleasant it was before. Without 4chan I have no one to talk to, no one to share a common bond with, no catharsis from my life, no sufficient distraction from it all, no way to be who I really am or say the things I want to say. I was abandoned by everyone a long time ago but that week made me open my eyes to it.

Maybe it'll be better after a month or two instead of just seven days and maybe it's worth the pain but it's going to take a lot of willpower to ever want to go through it again and I don't know if I can.
>>
I realized that 4chan takes a lot of my time and energy. But before that it was online roleplaying. And before that it was vidya gaming. I'm just a lazy cuck blaming depression for my lazyness.
>>
>>37584354
>We crave social interaction while we reject it in real life because we've felt rejection so many times in real life that we don't know how to face it. So we hide here and share our misery.

Underrated comment
>>
>>37588397
I could pull off some RL friends if I bothered. I'm just so scarred after what has happenned to me in my childhood. I was bullied.
>>
>>37587216

Is that a bazuso referendum?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.