[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How scientists come up with stuff like parrarell universes or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1495092483165.jpg (42KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
1495092483165.jpg
42KB, 500x465px
How scientists come up with stuff like parrarell universes or string theory? it just seems like some science fiction fantasy
>>
File: 1496823524763.png (2MB, 1280x1738px) Image search: [Google]
1496823524763.png
2MB, 1280x1738px
bump for retard
>>
>>37581892
they don't come out of thin air. there's usually a similar theory. then they come up with the math behind it and from there, it's all deductive reasoning.
>>
>>37581892
They're just guessing and it's like creating a new religion honestly.
>tho shalt not fap to loli for in another dimension you are actually raping her because everything is possible
>>
>>37581892
nigger just fucking look it up
>>
They figure out a bunch of simple shit which leads them to realising more complex shit and then they make up shit like dark matter to fill in the holes in their sums to make them work and hope that they actually prove it at some point down the line
>>
>>37582051

I want to fuck a blind chick and cum on her already glazed over eyes!
>>
>>37581892
they are theory anon, I have a theory too I believe dreams to be glimpses into parallel realities quantum physics
>>
File: 540257f4ef122f03c.png (2MB, 1280x1216px) Image search: [Google]
540257f4ef122f03c.png
2MB, 1280x1216px
>>37581892
Say that you have the technology to assess photons, atoms, and electrons. You can suss out a lot like how to create an atomic bomb and peer into quantum mechanics.

We're far into the future, we can put together something like the LHC to look into subatomic particles. We did this because there was math available that theorized that there were particles that we had not seen before (the higgs boson).

I think parallel universes stem from the theoretical physics of reality being a simulation. This is given credence because there are derived equations that use mathematical equations that are typically reserved for Internet browsers to keep them stabilized. You should watch the Asimov memorial debate form 2016 for more on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSZA3NPpBs

String theory might come from dimensional analysis, but I'm unfamiliar.
>>
>>37582280
>le universe is a simulation
People just want to believe that to give life some sort of purpose
>>
>>37582322
That YouTube video has theoretical and substantial physicists debating the issue. Do you believe that they have zero (0) evidence to talk about?
>>
>>37581892
>Theory
that's it man it has not been proven yet as long as im concerned the only universe that matters is this i don't give a shit about that sci-fi shit that reads like a Reddit and Morty episode
>>
>>37582362
No I just think they're barking up the wrong tree and it will lead to nowhere, scientists have been wrong about things before and they will be again, that's how science works. You're wrong about 99 things and are finally right about the 100th.
>>
>>37581892
To keep the public interested so they keep getting money to sit around on their ass all day doing fuck all
>>
>>37582458
A great deal of astronomy will never have practical application. Hawking radiation will never power an airplane or create a new medicine. Would you have scientists drop all research regarding black holes? Should Chile cease and desist on the creation of the world's largest telescope (http://www.aljazeera.com/video/news/2017/03/chile-builds-hub-worlds-largest-telescope-170309181302703.html)?

Theoretical physicists are usually working for a university. The product is information that will intrigue students who pay tuition to study under them.
>>
It's already proven. Quantum computers exist. The founder himself says they extract resources from parallel universes, and that there are countless numbers of them.

It was inevitable that this would be the case. "God" is infinite and of infinite potential and infinite expansion. Like a game disk, everything has already happened, it's all already written onto the disk. We're just moving through a tiny part of it, through time. When you play a game you move through parts of what's already there, with infinite potential for a new or slightly different experience every time.
>>
>>37581892
They're trying to justify being atheists by putting their natural attraction towards believing in God to mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>37582604
I don't understand why you chose to respond in the way you did

I'm saying I think they're WRONG, not that "it doesn't matter" or "there's no practical application"
>>
like everything else they build on work other people have already done
get up to date, then innovate
>>
>>37582803
You mentioned that their work will lead to nowhere. Nowhere, to me, sounds like their work would just be without matter or practical application.

If you think they're wrong just because scientists are "wrong 99 times out of 100," then you're too retarded to have an actual conversation with. You don't even look at the observations (data) that they have, you just dismiss it. What's left to say to you? What's left of that line of thought? They're going to continue to observe whether you think they're right or wrong.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.