[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never actually told my Dad that I think I might have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I've never actually told my Dad that I think I might have depression, but I've run the scenario through my head hundreds of times. I can only see him answering in one of two ways, either

>Of course you're not depressed, you're just an unpleasant, lazy coward who's looking for any excuse to avoid becoming a better person

Or

>Of course you're depressed, look at how bad you've fucked your life, look at how badly you've fucked up your relationships with friends and family. If I was as fucked up as you I'd be depressed to.

And I don't know which is worse and I just start crying when I think about it and I know my dad said I could come to him for help but I'm so fucking scared of what he'll say and I just want to die.
>>
>>37578603
I don't know your dad, but how bad can it be? Just tell him. It can't get any worse, right?
>>
>>37578650
If there's one thing I've learned in life it's that it can always get worse. There's not such thing as rock bottom, shit can still go further south.
>>
>>37578603
seems to me he's right
>>
>>37578708

That I do not have depression?
>>
>>37578708
Please, tell me, I need to know if I'm going crazy or not
>>
>>37578603
do you also have anxiety problems, anon? because if you do, your idea of what your father will say might be worse than reality
at any rate, good luck and I love you
>>
>>37579630
I don't know. Pretty much every problem I have I go backa be forth between "It's my fault" and "I might just be fucked up"
>>
>>37578658
There is a rock bottom. It's called death.
>>
Talk to Dad.
Talk to a counselor.
Call a hotline
Take vitamin B
Talk to a pastor

Just be honest with them about how your feeling and let it all out.

See a Dr if you do all those things and are still depressed
>>
>>37580612
But that's it isn't it

What if I'm not depressed and I'm just and unpleasant, lazy coward
>>
>>37580655
Just take vitamin B, if you're still an asshole then maybe it's a personal problem
>>
>>37580666
>Just take vitamin B

Not a good idea.

It'll up OP's energy, which if done without some kind of professional mental help, might give him the means to off himself.
>>
>>37578603
>>37578658
It doesn't really matter what he says. What you're doing is allowing yourself to be trapped in negative thoughts. If you don't do ANYTHING, then you've lost. I know it's scary to ask for help because of anxiety and pride, but you won't get better by repeating this cycle.

If you don't think your Dad is a good enough person to deal with this, then seek professional help from a psychotherapist. Either go to your GP Doctor by yourself or ask your Dad to take you, ask to be alone with them, and then spill your guts and ask for their recommendation on a psychologist.
>>
>>37580095
>death is a bad thing

>>37578650
>father
>understanding and empathetic creature
What fucking universe are you living in?
>>
>>37580666
>>37580698

Which vitamin B you silly niggers there's a bunch of them.

They're still good for you though, B6 and B12 in particular. Take those and St John's Wort for a while and see
>>
>>37580886
>What fucking universe are you living in?
One where most parents aren't abusive?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.