[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does depression make you dumber? I used to be a straight A student

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1494768184020.jpg (10KB, 236x254px) Image search: [Google]
1494768184020.jpg
10KB, 236x254px
Does depression make you dumber? I used to be a straight A student in high school. Now I'm in uni, and have been experiencing difficulties concentrating for quite some time. I lack motivation and I feel my memory isn't what it used to be.
>>
>>37577822
yes... but the alcohol and drugs contribute too.
>>
>>37577836
I drink alcohol extremely rarely and always within measure. And I don't do drugs.
>>
>>37577822
No but it makes your brain stop memorizing things.
>>
>>37577822
Actually due to my depression I don't talk to much people therefore I'm more focused on my task
>>
>>37577822
Maintaining high morale is essential.
Your depression is working against you and burdening you further, of course your performance will drop because of that.
>>
I wasn't sure but the research was overwhelming so I had to give it a shot. A very simple training program has really improved my productivity. I was always neet but thought it a waste of time focusing so much on sleep and exercise. It could be getting old but my productivity has been slowly dropping over the years. Once I started running and lifting, eating better to gain weight, and sleeping more I have seen improvements across the board.

Currently I do yoga twice a week, lift twice a week, and run twice a week. The 7th day is for pampering myself, a long bath, oil and salt scrub, nails, any and all dandy homo things I can think off. I also tried to cut the fluff. I slimmed down my wardrobe to just casual and training wear. I have 5 pairs of pants, 3 black, a khaki, and a navy. 10 shirts, 5 white, 3 black, pink, and and teal. One pair of boots. Underwear and socks are where I mix things up for fun. Briefs in various colors, and socks in patterns and colors. For training I go by the weather, I have light track pants, heavy track pants. For tee shirts I just have 7 white and 7 black, they do double duty as undershirts when I wear my casual dress. I don't really think about my outfits any more. Aside from training I just grab the closest in the closet and go about my business. It will always match because it's so simplified.
>>
>>37577822
>Does depression make you dumber?
Yes. The brain fog obviously doesn't help with any cognitive processes.
>>
I don't feel dumber, but i cannot focus while studying, maybe just because i'm lazy as fuck, who knows
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.