[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons I'm curious what keeps you motivated to keep living

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

File: depressed.jpg (11KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
depressed.jpg
11KB, 192x262px
Anons I'm curious what keeps you motivated to keep living and doing what you do everyday? Curiosity for new things to happen? Religious beliefs? Some sort of family obligation? A fun job/student life?

I'm at a point in my life where I'm not sure why I'm doing what I'm doing. Barely have motivation to do stuff anymore, any advice?

>inb4 kys faggot
>>
>what keeps you motivated to keep living and doing what you do everyday?
My fear of living doesn't outweigh my fear of dying yet.
>>
>>37573815
Nothing. I wish I was dead.
>>
I still enjoy video games. They've been my reason for living for awhile. I have trouble getting through them lately, though
>>
>>37573833
Same, not enough incentive to live.

It's not that I think my life is horrible or anything, it's more just a lack of interest in my life. Nothing really feels that exciting anymore. No gf in my life so far, no cool job, school has been alright, getting by financially well but living modestly. Just feeling like life is pretty bland and unmotivating right now
>>
>>37573815
Nothing is too difficult yet
College is pretty easy and doesn't take much time
Maybe when I start wageslaving and gradually lose my four friends I'll start to lose motivation
>>
File: 1496886796645.png (18KB, 796x303px) Image search: [Google]
1496886796645.png
18KB, 796x303px
>>37573815
Pic related desu.
Though for some reason taking walks helps ease the pain
>>
>>37573815
Avoid internet/other people and just play games etc for fun and you will feel happy. At least until the tranquility is broken by family or obligations. If at job or school you will have to do something to make if more "fun" engage with people or make a mind game of something. Example I walk circles around school to avoid looking like an idiot. I still look stupid and act strange but my mind isn't focused on it.
>>
>>37573914
Feel same focus less on girlfriend and just force yourself to do what you used to enjoy while avoid contact with people especially those that "bring you down"
>>
I can still enjoy escapism so shit hasn't gotten real bad yet.

But it's only a matter of time.
>>
File: Ashoka-The-great-essay.jpg (55KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ashoka-The-great-essay.jpg
55KB, 1000x1000px
My current situation is pretty nice. I still have a few more years to live with my parents and sit on my ass all day shame-free, so I'm just gonna ride it out then kill myself as soon as I start getting pressured to go to college/wageslave
>>
>>37574013
Go to local college on govt monies.
>>
>>37573978
>>37573961
Thanks for the advice anons.

I have a pretty good friend but I think he always looks at the negative side of things, extremely cynical. We come out of a movie and he almost always has negative things to say. If something is 90% good, he'll focus on the 10 that's negative. I like him as a friend and all and he's been my best friend for awhile now but I feel he focuses on the negative and making fun a people a little too much. I don't think I'd consider dropping him as a friend especially since we've been really good friends for so long and we have a lot a common interests so it'd be difficult giving that up.
>>
File: 1494971328821.png (513KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494971328821.png
513KB, 565x800px
>>37573815

I dunno, but I like sleeping.

It lets me dream sometimes.
>>
>>37574113
I haven't dreamed in a long time. When I did, I always had a recurring dream too. I miss it. I wish I would dream again
>>
>>37573815
Only thing keeping my faggot ass living is that my family will give a shit if I die.
>>
There's still things that I haven't experienced that I want to experience.

That's literally the only reason I'm still alive. Once I've finished all of those things and have hit 50 I'm killing myself regardless of my circumstances at the time.
>>
>>37574207
Pretty much the same situation for me anon, plus I'm still holding out hope that the rest of my life turns out well
>>
File: 1496078374598.png (120KB, 800x352px) Image search: [Google]
1496078374598.png
120KB, 800x352px
>>37573815
>>37573815
>I'm not sure why I'm doing what I'm doing.
Been there. Always been an unmotivated fuck so everything was a struggle. Last year I hit rock bottom, everything was awful and I didn't find anything interesting anymore. I seriously considered off myself until I decided to live for the few people that were important for me, it didn't work, realized I was so emotional stunted that not even that helped me so I decided to stop giving a damn about everything including myself. It's weird to express it on words, it's like everything is blander but at the same time being able to do things without pressure and anxiety made my life comfier. So basically I'm so dead inside that I no longer have trouble doing things without motivation.
>>
>>37574251
Don't hope you colossal fuck nugget. Do something about it, even if it is small.
>>
>>37573815
Nothing keeps me going anymore in my 30's. Too depressed to work or get an education. Too anxious to talk to people. I've never made friends IRL before anyway. Literally no motivation to do any creative hobbies that I used to enjoy years ago.

I am pretty much at the end of my rope. I have no idea how normal people have the will to do things.
>>
The hope that I'll find a good job one day, and video games.

If video games ever died out, I'd probably have nothing to do. When I have nothing to do, I think too much. When I think too much, I get depressed thinking about how shit my life is.
I'm also don't want to break my parents hearts. Maybe one day when they are gone
>>
Mainly if you're dead, you can't jerk off anymore
or eat fried chicken
>>
>>37574113
>>37574152
I woke up five times last night because of nightmares. The first was about there being a giant spider in my room. (like, bigger than the Australian ones) The second was about being a soldier and getting shot. The third one was about a pack of basketball-americans following me in a shady neighborhood. Fourth one was about someone abandoning me in an airport. Fifth one was about being lost in a foreign city, without much time left before the end of the day.

I hate sleeping. I never have pleasant dreams.
>>
>>37573815
A mix. I'm competent enough at my job that I'm useful. My Mom keeps me going because I have no other choice than to support her.

I do creative work and have a steady following of fans. I hate my work and the fandom it's created, but I continue because of the satisfaction of creating something successful. But it scares me how many lives I've touched indirectly and it really gets the impostor syndrome going. Nobody knows who I am; My work persona is a caricature of myself and my identity is a pseudonym to the public.

The only advice I can give is to find something to pour yourself into. Whether it be art, family, or lifting. People who are bitter at others for having a passion, yet don't have their own, are the most miserable.

If you believe you're truly mentally ill and stuck in the apathy of depression, you need to go to a psychiatrist though.
>>
im scared of hell, im scared my parents will blame themselves, and im still holding out hope that someone special will love me someday :3
>>
Oh wow a thread I have not seen posted a million times by some edgy emo weeb. The unoriginalty here makes me want to kill my self
>>
>>37573815
Parents are anchor. Video games all day. That's it.

Having a constant, pathetic reminder of how you failed at raising a kid is a bit better than the ultimate failure of kid committing suicide, at least for now. I feel like I owe it to parents to not kill myself until I at least get a college degree. Then I will have "suceeded" and can end it.
>>
>>37574095
Try to influence him to be positive not to be cheesy. But too much exposure to negativity especially on the net or of people you trust like community shit will make you a negative nacy.
>>
File: IMAG010 (13).jpg (296KB, 1194x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG010 (13).jpg
296KB, 1194x684px
To communicate the odd logic of my little friend here. Every strip I make has some strange revelation that would have never been known unless I put pen to paper,and I never know them until I do.
>>
File: 1495952398623.png (559KB, 800x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1495952398623.png
559KB, 800x1112px
>>37574152

I don't dream much anymore either.
Usually just fall to blackness to some scenario I've been imagining the entire day or so.

But when I do dream, it's always a neat experience that leaves me wondering what the hell just happened.

>>37574457

I actually love nightmares and weird out of body experiences

Back in school, I was so sleep deprived and strung out on projects that I would attempt work late at night, take a nap, have sleep paralysis, wake up from false dream, hallucinate shit, and it'd all be so vivid.

I remember one time having my dog jump up in my lap in the dark, only realizing it was headless, and then realizing that dog was suppose to be at my sisters house. And then I drifted to an odd dream where I was mining with a crew in WW1 gas trench gear deep underground, trying to stay quiet as possible. It ended with someone making too much noise and the tunnel collasping and us falling into the sky. And I woke up unable to move, shot with adrenaline and convinced there was a demon in the bathroom open closet, that I fought the paralysis until I could tell it to fuck off.

That was all in the same night. Stressful point in my life, but I sorta miss those weird as fuck dreams and nightmares where I was only person in some labyrinth with a monster.

I'll take those nightmares off ya, if you want. So long as they're not the cat/mom died super sad ones.
>>
>>37573815
The naive hope that it will get better. I used to legitimately have a chance at happiness and although it's now gone, I still feel it lingering.
>>
Video Games, Manga, and TV are still fun sometimes. But mostly I'm still living for my parents. I'd already own the rope for my noose if I wasn't important to them. It's just a matter of time though.
>>
>>37573928
Stop posting this you pedo
>>
>>37573815
>motivated to keep living and doing what you do everyday
because dying is hard

people make it sound like living is a choice but you pretty much don't have a choice since there are systems in place to prevent you from dying easily

honestly what with survival instincts and pain and fear it seems like suicide is just as difficult as overcoming my problems, so the only thing I feel like I can do is just exist
>>
Curiosity, I want to experience things just for the sake of it. Same reason I do drugs. I want to try them all and see what they are all like. I also want to travel the world, and I want to work different jobs. I'm going into the military now, and after that I'll finish my bachelors, then I'll travel a bunch hopefully. Been looking at Working Vacation visas, would be neat to work on a farm.
>>
i'm here to experience every type of feeling that I as a human being am capable of feeling

i'm here because i think art is cool as fuck and i'm going into a field (film) that i really enjoy

every 3-4 years feels like its own separate life so i'm excited to experience the many different life situations to come (currently in college, then post-college, family life, old age)

it's about what you can find in the world to appreciate
>>
>>37574697
That actually sounds like a pretty interesting life. I do want to travel a lot and I'm hoping I'll get some opportunities to do that. I've lived in the same area my whole life so I'd like to try living somewhere else.
>>
File: 1496686255154.jpg (72KB, 643x576px) Image search: [Google]
1496686255154.jpg
72KB, 643x576px
Mostly terror from the prospect of being a complete embarrassment to my parents. Going through the motions of college seems to make them happy and nobody suspects anything, but personally I've gotten to the point where remembering I'll be dead one day brings me a little joy.
>>
>>37573815
Little bit of everything, I still feel like I have a chance to turn things around, to make a decent life for myself if I keep trying. Want to see how the world turns out, even though I already find this world currently a distopian hell. Part values that I hold dear that are both religious, and simply personal principles that drive me forward. I certainly don't want to let my family down (any more then I already have so far). As well more natural things such as fear of death, wanting to establish some meaning to my life, and spread my genes. Really when it all comes down to it, I'm just not ready to let go, life is a cunt who wants to beat my down, and I just refuse to let her smug ass get the last laugh. I'm just an angry asshole who won't let go.
>>
File: 1493897034843.png (7KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1493897034843.png
7KB, 917x1186px
>>37573815
I dont know, i feel happy to be alive, even though im a lonely beta faggot, do you have any hobbies or passions?
>>
File: 1a9e52716696adc7f93d2e74944f2428.jpg (225KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1a9e52716696adc7f93d2e74944f2428.jpg
225KB, 1000x1000px
>>37574756
>That actually sounds like a pretty interesting life.
Thank you. I think my life *is* pretty interesting. I do a lot of politics on national level in my country, I have many IRC friends (going to visit several on another continent in a couple of days, and another is coming to visit me once I get home from my trip), and I travel a lot (past two years has been Paris, Manchester, London, Brighton, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, Bergen, Bodo, Copenhagen, and a few other places I don't remember right now), and I've done a lot of drugs, mostly psychedelics.

I'm also currently NEET, which I've been for a couple of months and it's really nice.

My life isn't better or worse than your average normie I think, just very very different. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
>>
File: 1491094496695.jpg (17KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1491094496695.jpg
17KB, 500x259px
I'm glad everyone in this thread loves their parents enough to care about killing themselves. I had a childhood friend commit suicide a couple years ago and it devistated the parents. Please stick around.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.